Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you lost weight only through diet... page

Athanasey is offline Senior Member

If you lost weight only through diet...

Primal Fuel
    If you lost your weight through diet alone, how much did your body composition change once you started exercising?

I've always meant to start exercising but haven't got around it. I used move slowly a lot but now I've started working full time even that's gone.

I've lost 20kgs, I'm a healthy weight but I keep lowering my goal weight because I'm not happy with how I look. I still have a lot of extra body fat, particularly around my stomach.

Just curious if someone can give me an insight on just how much difference exercise would make. I wouldn't be doing anything beyond what is prescribed in PBF.
    Became Primal August 2011

SW - 84kg / 185lb
    CW - 60kg / 132lb
    GW - 60kg / 132lb

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I lost 50 lbs through diet alone - only exercise is walking. I am pretty flabby. I started at your weight and ended at your goal weight. I think I could still use to lose about 15 lbs and add some muscle to really look good.

I have always heard that you diet to look good in clothes and you exercise to look good naked. I would say that has held true for me.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    exercise is pretty important for fitness. Lifting heavy weights will help with body comp.

Athanasey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    I have always heard that you diet to look good in clothes and you exercise to look good naked. I would say that has held true for me.
    Haha so true. I look pretty good in clothes now but when I'm naked everything wobbles and there is no denying I've had two children!
    Became Primal August 2011

SW - 84kg / 185lb
    CW - 60kg / 132lb
    GW - 60kg / 132lb

Dave Mayo is offline Senior Member
    PBF stuff is pretty good, lift heavy 2x a week and walk every day.

sugarcrystal8 is offline Member
    I lost 20 pounds with just diet. Then added yoga, walking for 6 weeks and crossfit the past 2 weeks. I've only dropped 3 pounds the past month but I can start to see the edge of my muscles now and my waist is less flabby. I still have another 20 or 25 pounds to go.

Groktimus Prime is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    ...I have always heard that you diet to look good in clothes and you exercise to look good naked. I would say that has held true for me.
    I've never heard it put that way before, but it's held true for me as well! Thanks for sharing!
    In Sanity,
    Charlie

Weight: 350/200 (within 16 months)/205
    Body Fat: 50%/12%/10%

A Day in the Life of Groktimus Prime

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    I shed whatever remaining weight hanging around my body, by going through my diet alone, since I was already active. The difference was stopping my regularly scheduled ingestion of Muscle Milk, and grains. After that, things just looked up from there.
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Same as above. I was always active, but cutting out the grains and other sludge made the difference in getting to a healthy body composition. I do a lot more body-weight, sprinting and free-weight exercise now, but I was never one to sit still for too long anyway. You can get skinny without exercising, but you won't look or be as healthy. Adding muscle will put your skin where you want it to be.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have never been able to lose weight through 'just diet'. I also learned that I have to do the right type of exercise, because cardio and bootcamps just make me skinny-fat, and destroy my upper body. With heavy weight lifting + short HIIT cardio + moving slowly I am about 2-3% BF lower at the same weight as I were after bootcamp-cardio driven (17% BF vs 20% BF @117-118 lbs according to WW scale). I also look much better from waist up, though from waist down it looks about the same (heavy).
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast