Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: barefoot shoes for work: vivobarefoot ra page 3

Shop Now
    Anyone find anything that would work with a suit? I might have to start wearing a suit to work and I admit, if the job wasn't going to pay for food and a roof, I wouldn't be willing, but my barefoot shoes have saved me from spedning fifty bucks at a chiro every two weeks only to feel bad a few days later from "normal" shoes...

Dave P is offline Junior Member
    i wore the ras with a suit last week for the first time. i thought they were fine with it (wife agreed). having said that, i need all my pants hemmed because they are all too long now.

PaulGDavis is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave P View Post
    for quite a while, i've been looking for a barefoot shoe for work (corporate) that is acceptable in appearance, without much luck. however, i just stumbled across a pair of vivobarefoot ras and impulsively purchased. anyone else have these?

i guess i should have asked for feed-back before ordering, but luckily zappos has a 100% return guarantee should i not like them.

anyone have them?
    Hi Dave,
    I have only ever worn barefoot shoes for about a year and a half now and needed smart shoes that I could wear in more formal situations so like you decided to go for Vivobarefoot Ra shoes. I love them. I have since bought another Vivobarefoot shoe that can be worn in formal situations that I like even more. They are the Vivobarefoot Gobi

Regards
    PAUL

Linny is offline Senior Member
    Just wanted to pop in and give an update on DH's Ra that he got late April. It took about two weeks to break in the shoes. He had to wear extra heavy cotton socks to avoid heel rubbing and blistering. Now that they are broken in they are coming apart at the point where the sole is joined to the top of the foot. Right where the shoe creases when you step. I've contacted Terra Plana to ask if they offer a warranty - never heard anything back. Would not buy again. I should also mention the shoes only get worn 3 days a week so it's not like he's putting in tons of wear time (3 days x ~4 weeks = 12 days of wear).

Their sneakers seem okay so far.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Call Me Twitchy View Post
    Anyone find anything that would work with a suit? I might have to start wearing a suit to work and I admit, if the job wasn't going to pay for food and a roof, I wouldn't be willing, but my barefoot shoes have saved me from spedning fifty bucks at a chiro every two weeks only to feel bad a few days later from "normal" shoes...
    Best I've found so far (NOT shelling out $300 for the Primal Professional shoes. When they hit, $150, we'll talk) are these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I bought the tan and the burgundy. I wear them with the insoles removed, gives the toebox a little more room and decreases the heel to toe drop, which isn't much.

I won't say they're comfortable, and I have thought of taking a belt sander to the very mildly curved sole to flatten them out, but they are 1,000 times better than the Bostonian oxfords I was wearing. And they totally look appropriate with a suit, unlike a lot of the suggestions I've seen out there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123