Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: barefoot shoes for work: vivobarefoot ra page 2

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    As others have said merrell makes a very good barefoot dressier shoe. I have no probs wearing them to work.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Dave P is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Linny View Post
    DH just bought a pair of the Ras two weeks ago. They're incredibly uncomfortable at the heel. He owns other Vivobarefoot shoes that he loves and finds comfortable.
    Was afraid of that, read a review on amazon that says the same. should have them by tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Airmed View Post
    No, I don't have them.
    But two years ago I splurged on custom made leather shoes that have been incredible. There are many customization options available: leather type, color, ankle height, sole, etc. They can be washed in the washing machine. The maker says they should last between 10 20 years. I believe him after having them for a y year.

Best of all, they get compliments every new place I go. Will probably work fine in most corporate settings. I have walked many miles on indoor concrete in these. Like barefoot and no foot or ankle fatigue.

Worth every penny. I am buying a second pair this year.

They have turned out to be the best shoes for both hiking and work.

Check out Sodhoppers at:

SodHoppers Custom Moccasins, Custom Handmade Moccasins, Custom Buffalo Moccasins, Custom Leather Boots, Custom Handmade Boots, Renaissance Moccasins, Renaissance Boots, SCA Footwear, SCA Moccasins, Tracker Moccasins, Bow Hunting Moccassins, Moccasin,
    never thought of looking into custom made...great idea.

thanks

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Say, are these shoes good for winter too?
    I read hanging around with vibrams in winte can be chilly
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

AbigailLyn is offline Senior Member
    I just bought vivobarefoot shoes for waitressing and they've literally saved my life. I don't even feel pain after 10 hours on my feet. Thank god I discovered primal before starting this line of work

Jiigigaw is offline Senior Member
    I just ordered a pair of the Ras last week. The order is delayed due to inventory issues where I ordered it, but I'm looking forward to them.

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave P View Post
    Was afraid of that, read a review on amazon that says the same. should have them by tuesday.
    They're a little lower-cut than most shoes -- part of the minimalist ethos, I guess. That does mean they'd rub on the back on the heel (over the Achilles' Tendon) at a slightly different place to most shoes. Obviously, where your shoes usually contact the skin thickens.

Vivos also seem to fit quite closely round the back of the heel anyway. They've probably got slightly thinner and less padded linings in the shoe than most makers would use, too -- since they're meant to be light in weight.

If you're wearing thin socks, or no socks, with a pair of Vivos you could well get sore on the back of the heel. I didn't with the Ras, but I did with an earlier pair of Vivos I had. But that was temporary. It soon went away, as my foot got used to the shoe touching there rather than higher up. I just had to remember to rotate other shoes in and out occasionally and not wear the new shoes too much while my feet were getting used to them. Strangely enough I had the same minor problem recur with my next pair of Vivos -- because they contacted the heel in a slightly different place to the first pair.

zappos is the bomb, they arrived today well ahead of schedule. they feel great so far, but time will tell. i get what people have been saying about the heel, it is definitely lower and more form fitting, but i don't get the feeling that it will be a problem.

i appreciate all the input.

mgeoffriau is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
    I recently got a pair of lemings, which I am wearing to work. I absolutely love them! Granted they are a bit more casual than the vibram ras and lucys, which I was also considering, but still wonderful to wear when walking lots at work.
    Just got a pair of Stems/Lemings:

Okay, for anyone that LOVES their VFF's but still can't quite get over wearing them in public, I've got a solution for you. (For the record, I'd rock VFF's out in public -- the wife says "Please no!")

Leming Footwear. Previously, Stem Footwear (apparently there was some trademark issues).

LEMing =

Level & Flat
    Extra Wide Toebox
    Minimal Design

Nobody local sells these, but I finally pulled the trigger and just ordered a pair...and crossed my fingers. They arrived today -- and they are AWESOME. True zero drop design, with a reasonably thin and super, duper flexible sole that has stupendous ground feel. Seriously...it rivals my KomodoSports.

Can't tell you anything about durability, but I'm very excited about these and hope they wear well, because 30 minutes out of the box I LOVE them.

You'll notice that mine still are labeled "Stem" -- apparently the retailer I ordered from still had some from the previous production run. Fortunately, Leming has been getting great reviews for customer service (ie, sending out replacement shoes gratis and not even requesting the old ones back) so if there's any problems I should be covered.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    those are awesome airmed. thanks for sharing the link.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast