Thread: Sensitive Teeth? page

CarlaX is offline Junior Member

Sensitive Teeth?

Hi Everyone,

I have been living/eating primal for about 6 months. Love it and will never go back, I look better, feel better, love what I eat and my choices for activities. I have two boys who are 4 and 2 and they even look better, they used to have huge distented bellies which I thought was normal for kids their age, those are gone and they look great, they even look almost muscular for their age. They are troopers too, they like the food they are being given and don't feel like they should eat junk food, soaking it all in.

Anyways I have a couple of questions, the first being that my teeth are getting more and more sensitive. Both to hot and cold, and even sweet things. Anyone have any idea why?

The other question is how important is it to buy grass-fed meats and dairy? We are on a really strict budget and I feel like eating the right things is the most important at this point and we will grow into buying the good stuff. Any thoughts?

Pomegranate is offline Junior Member
    It could be a sign of demineralization. Are you getting enough fat soluble vitamins in your diet? I would recommend taking cod liver oil / eating shellfish / eating liver / drinking bone broth. Might want to check out Cure Tooth Decay but Ramiel Nagel-- I know we're not talking about cavities here, but his protocol seems to help people with sensitivity issues as well.

If you can't buy grass-fed, go for the leaner conventional cuts (the toxins tend to be stored in fat) and eat lots of butter/avocado/etc to make up for the lost fat! :-) i think Mark has a post on this somewhere.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    I reckon that eating the right things is 80 - 90% the grass fed/organic is the bonus extra 10 - 20%. We are on a tight budget too, so we go for what is cheep, usally from the short date section and work out what to do with it later

Re the teeth, there is loads of stuff out there on the net about healing teeth, I remeber something about oil pulling, might be worth looking that up.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    Husband and I just bought 1/4 of a cow and we paid a total of $ 357,-.
    Butcher fee for kill, cut and packaging = 62,-
    Beef cost = 295,-
    -------------------------------

If we would've bought everything we received in a grocery store the equivalent amount would have cost us a total of $ 660,-.
    And it would've been Feedlot Meat...yuck!

Buying grassfed meat by bulk saved us $ 303,- !
    -------------------------------
    Also, check out your local farmer's market, they start sometime in May/June. You'll be able to get a weeks worth of fruits and vegetables for an entire family for around $ 30,-.

RennieVan is offline Member
    How do you care for your teeth? What kind of toothpaste do you use and how many times a day do you brush? Baking soda toothpaste can cause your teeth to be sensitive over time. I have been practicing oil pulling for the past several months in order to get a handle on my oral health. I have had a reduction in sensitivity and a cleaner mouth!

frankiesinatra is offline Junior Member

One out of Ten

Personally I found once I started flossing regularly every night, my sensitivity has disappeared. The dentists were right all along. I'm also not sure how effective it is, or if it's just a placebo effect, but I'm doing this thing called "oil pulling", where you swish olive oil in your mouth for 10 min a day. That also seems to help me. Another thing I take everyday are Cell Salts. Still unsure about their effectiveness though, although, I do notice my nails and hair are healthier.

These guys also seem to have something to say about it in a comical way:
    One Out of Ten - YouTube

spicegirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I got really lucky to find a woman locally who organized a cow split. A bunch of people got in on it and I got local, grass fed, organic meat for $4.83 a pound. That's not where I started, but I kept looking around and asking questions. Also, get a deep freezer if you can...scratch and dent maybe?

Re: sensitive teeth - this used to happen to me too if I drank too much coffee and didn't get extra minerals.
    I think coffee can pull minerals from your body. Are you drinking a lot of coffee and not getting minerals from other places? There are mixed feelings around here about juicing, but you could try drinking some wheatgrass juice (I chop mine up and put it in the blender with water instead of buying a WG juicer). Or, just make some green smoothies - cuke, parsley, avocado, little berries or pineapple might be worth a try. When I juiced for sensitive teeth it always helped me.

Also, nettle has a lot of minerals. You can usually get it in bulk in places like Whole Foods or have some fun and find it in the woods. Make a tea from it for minerals. There are other teas maybe alphalpha? You have to google for more.

Trace mineral resource make a nice trace mineral. Not sure if that would help (very expesive too).

I think natural sources of minerals are a cheap and healthy place to start.

HTH,
    sg
    Last edited by spicegirl; 04-18-2013 at 10:05 AM.