Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Real ALL natural meat page

samiamm is offline Senior Member

Real ALL natural meat

Shop Now
    It's really hard for me to keep buying real all natural meat. I'm trying to stay as primal as possible, dairy is my 20 % (Cheese on my eggs, plain eggs just taste so bleh) but it's getting hard to keep buying all nat. meat. I'm a high-school student getting ready to go into college. I'm just trying to find a cheap, all natural protein to eat (Eggs work nice, but I can't eat eggs all the time) I tried with fish, wild caught canned salmon got to be expensive. I don't really care about taste and variety, I'll just eat w.e my mom cooks on the weekend (usually something with no steroids/hormones added meat), and the rest of the time stick to w/e cheap source of all nat. meat I can find, no matter how plain, boring, and repetitive it becomes, anyone got suggestions??

prodistat is online now Senior Member
    Any meat is better than no meat. I.e. even the cheapest, crappiest meat is going to be better than pasta or candy bars. You should check out costco and other bulk supply places. They often have low priced meat of average or better-than-average quality. You might need a mini freezer to keep it all, but they're a great place to get conventional meat. They even have frozen, pre-cooked meat if all you have is a micrwave.
    Prodistat
    Poke it quickly, with a stick.

DeeDub is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't stress over it too much. Most of the meat Grok ate was probably semi-rotten remains of other animals' kills - ie, the palaeolithic equivalent of road kill.

carlh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDub View Post
    I wouldn't stress over it too much. Most of the meat Grok ate was probably semi-rotten remains of other animals' kills - ie, the palaeolithic equivalent of road kill.
    That certainly doesn't mean it was ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    That certainly doesn't mean it was ideal.
    I don't know what "ideal" is, and have never met anyone who did, so I'm not real worried about it.

And that's ignoring the rather obvious slippery-slope aspect...

carlh is offline Senior Member
    It may be tough to specify ideal, sure, but we do know some is better than others. So saying don't worry about corn-fed hormone-injected beef because some caveman might have eaten rotting meat is a bit broad to me. I agree with you in saying don't worry about it, though, but for different reasons.

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    My family can't afford organic/grass-fed, etc. I have still lost 11lbs in 3 months by staying away from grains. Do what you can afford.

If the "do like Grok" meme is meant to be taken seriously, eating two-day-old roadkill would be fairly close to ideal, since that is the closest we have to what would have likely been the bulk of Grok's meat intake, and is therefore ideal-by-definition.

On top of that, since it is the weakest/sickest members of a herd that typically get eaten/caught, a Grok-like perspective would have us valuing things like downer cattle, instead of trying to ban them from the food chain.

Needless to say, I'm not a big buyer-in on the "WWGD" meme.

samiamm is offline Senior Member
    I'm not trying to lose weight, I'm under weight, I'm just trying to eat all nat. as much as possible. I hate the thought of eating that hormone filled crap

Quote Originally Posted by samiamm View Post
    I hate the thought of eating that hormone filled crap
    Me too. Raise my own pork and chickens, shoot my own venison.

But, if I may be so bold as to offer, there are far worse things in the supermarket than what one finds in the fresh meat section...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast