Thread: Concerns about pork and raw milk page

organizingchaos is offline Junior Member

Concerns about pork and raw milk

Shop Now
    I've been primal for 4 months. I've been on raw milk (1-3 cups per week) for a month.

About 10 days ago, I had severe headaches and stomach cramps - felt like gas. Since then, both symptoms have been off and on, with the stomach cramps persisting, seemingly, esp. after my morning sausage.

Been bloated the whole time, waking up with stomach discomfort every day - pushing myself to eat breakfast (with or without pork).

Chiro adjusted T7 several times in last week (not usually out in me) - and did a radioactice isotope test (admitted it is very new to him), saying it appeared my problems were bacterial, not viral.

My concerns surround the raw milk and the uncured pork.

I am cooking things thoroughly, and got a little burping relief from ACV today, but the pains persist. BMs are about 80% normal. I really don't want raw milk to be the culprit.

I get very little other dairy. Occasional raw cheese (maybe one ounce every two weeks), and bulgarian whole milk yogurt (pasteurized) daily since all this started.

In the last week, I've upped small servings of the yogurt twice a day and included organic kraut to try to up the good bacteria in my gut.

As I type, I've had some burping relief from ACV (as a tea), but the harsh abdominal cramps have ensued and seem to be working their way down SLOWLY.

My hesitation to call a medical professional stems from fear of what they will say about my diet (most are ignorant), my age 47 (they will want to test for cholesterol the "traditional" way), and knowing intuitively that this is nothing pharmaceuticals can help!

Any advice from the community? I will add - in case there is any connection - that I am also having lots of stiff joint pain and back pain in this period - making exercise difficult. I've been taking it slowly (literally only walking 3 miles per hour three times since this started, and doing only physical therapy type movements for strength).

Sorry so long - hate to post bodily issues here - but I don't know where else to go!

I should add, I wanted to fast at breakfast - and indeed delayed it a few times, but MDA post talked about not starting a fast during stress of illness...

patski is offline Senior Member
    Best thing to do is remove the raw milk and see how you feel.

Or remove the morning sausage first, and see if that helps.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

I did remove the sausage for a few days...not sure how long I would need in the tests of removing and adding back in.