Thread: Ideal primal meals the day off a hockey a game page

dain.sorensen is offline Junior Member

Ideal primal meals the day off a hockey a game

Primal Fuel
    What type of foods are ideal to eat the day of a hockey game? And how long before a game do people suggest eating? I often eat to close to the game and get phlegmy when I play and if I don't eat close enough to the game I have no energy.

Chrish2891 is offline Member
    You want to top off your glycogen stores before a game so 4 hours before the game you want to eat complex carbs as well as a decent amount of protein and some fat. Sweet potato with some butter or coconut oil and chicken could be a meal. 1 hour out from the game, Eat more carbs, but these need to digest quicker. Think white rice or maybe a banana or two along with protein and the only fat you should eat would be MCTs. you can also have some caffeine during this time if you want. right before the game (like 10 min before) You should drink something like gatorade.
    After the game, eat some more carbs and then return to a typical primal/paleo diet.

dain.sorensen is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrish2891 View Post
    You want to top off your glycogen stores before a game so 4 hours before the game you want to eat complex carbs as well as a decent amount of protein and some fat. Sweet potato with some butter or coconut oil and chicken could be a meal. 1 hour out from the game, Eat more carbs, but these need to digest quicker. Think white rice or maybe a banana or two along with protein and the only fat you should eat would be MCTs. you can also have some caffeine during this time if you want. right before the game (like 10 min before) You should drink something like gatorade.
    After the game, eat some more carbs and then return to a typical primal/paleo diet.
    Gatorade is filled with High Fructose Corn Syrup, I do not understand how this can be healthy for you ever... Will having Caffeine before the game not make you feel dull later in the game? Do ever suggest someone eats during a game, like between periods?