Thread: HCL tablets burning throat page

lolo66 is offline Member

HCL tablets burning throat

Primal Fuel
    I've recently started taking HCL tablets for low stomach acid, but last night they were really burning my throat so I couldn't take them all. I've followed Bee's Natural Health Guide (as well as researching various other places) that tells you gradually increase your dose until you feel a mild burning in your stomach. My tablets are 325mg in strength and i'm up to taking 9 with meals (i'm on about 2 meals a day) so that's 2925mg with each meal. One website said that most people need between 3000-4200mg before feeling the burn, so should I keep trying to increase the dosage, regardless of the horrible burning feeling at the back of my throat? Can anyone give me some advice with this? Thanks!!

No one dies of a bread deficiency.

Samuel Beckett's, as well: 'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.'

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53914-4.html

patski is offline Senior Member
    Um, that seems counterintuitive.

I would DECREASE the amount of HCL tablets. I take digestive enzymes with my meals as well, at the beginning, or just after.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

lolo66 is offline Member
    OK will do I was waiting for a burning in my stomach rather than my throat, so that's why I was continuing to increase the dose. I take digestive enzymes as well. My digestion is completely messed up at the moment.

Samuel Beckett's, as well: 'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.'

What's happened that your digestion is totally out of whack?

I've read a lot on Bee's site too; she has great info, but some of it is out to lunch.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

lolo66 is offline Member
    I had candida which completely messed all my digestion up. It's caused me to have leaky gut and low stomach acid, as well as lots of other problems digesting food. I can't eat any FODMAP foods, any wheat or dairy (although I suppose this is a common one) no caffeine, no cocoa, no fruit.

PrimalCon New York
    Do a search for candida on here. I've posted a lot about it; mine is very nearly gone.

You have food allergies from leaky gut, which can be healed in a matter of weeks by consuming 5,000 to 10,000 mg of l-glutamine.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat