Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Bulletproof Rapid Fat Loss Protocol page 6

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I would never discount CICO from a scientific standpoint (where a human being exists in a vacuum and has zero choice in what he eats (although, yeah, see those rats ... they still died obese, even while starving)). But in any kind of real-world setting, it is very often worthless, because we are more than just wills. We have primal instincts far beyond our current limited scientific understanding.

Nourish your body. That's the only way to lose weight for life.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

LOL, turned the "page" and came across yet another example of how our actions are controlled by far more than just our wills. In this case, probiotics change your brain activity: Changing gut bacteria through diet affects brain function, UCLA study shows / UCLA Newsroom

Gah, what I'm trying to say is that while CICO may be an accurate observation (may be), it is much less useful as a recommendation.

Proper nutrition leads to proper nutrient-seeking, balanced to the calories the individual needs, regardless of what level he may think he needs. Too high may lead to fat gain, or, if you're like my ectomorph hubby, may just lead you to move more, whether you want to or not. Too low will always lead to disease over time, and may lead to fat loss, or, if you have any of a number of very common situations (again, firm:bact skewing, leptin resistance, thyroid dysfunction, etc.), may just lead you to sit more so you preserve what little you *are* taking in.

SteveO is offline Member
    Just saw this thread today... I've been using a cheap variation of Bulletproof Coffee for a year now, and love the results.

I use super-cheap Pampa instant coffee from WalMart - $1 a jar (don't tell Dave Asprey), and I put it in a larger jar, and add a few drops of pure cinnamon oil. I shake it around pretty thoroughly, and it infuses the whole jar.

I use 3 TBSP of instant coffee, add 4TBSP of Kerrygold unsalted butter cut into chunks, 2TBSP of MCT oil, and 1TBSP of stevia. I fill the cup about halfway with boiling water, whip it with a little battery-powered whisk until it's frothy, then top it off with more boiling water.

So - I'm starting my day with around 70 grams of healthy fats, and I can easily skip lunch. I have absolutely no shortage of energy, ever, and no issues with brain fogginess, ever.

Scheduling and budget snafus have occasionally prevented me from having KG butter and/or MCT oil on hand, and I've learned that overall, the butter is the more important of the two for energy, cognitive function, and curbed hunger.

It may not work for everyone, but it certainly works well for me.

Recently, I tried Mark's version - I whipped a raw egg into a small amount of cold water, and carefully added the whole thing to my coffee. Freakin' awesome, but it's not intermittent fasting, at that point.

butter.png

laurathegoth is offline Member
    I don't understand how one egg isn't IF if 4tbsp butter is?? Surely neither really count as IF?

thriveful is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by laurathegoth View Post
    I don't understand how one egg isn't IF if 4tbsp butter is?? Surely neither really count as IF?
    I wouldnt say they do, but a small amount of butter or mct probably affects little in the scheme of things. Not sure about 4 spoonfuls though. Better to just drink black coffee

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

SteveO is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by laurathegoth View Post
    Apparently, fat doesn't interfere with the metabolic effects/benefits of fasting.

I get sometimes get hungry around lunchtime if I don't have butter in my coffee, so it does affect appetite, though.

laurathegoth is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveO View Post
    Apparently, fat doesn't interfere with the metabolic effects/benefits of fasting.

I get sometimes get hungry around lunchtime if I don't have butter in my coffee, so it does affect appetite, though.
    Thank-you for clarifying for me

SteveO is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    After I posted the graphic above (If you can't see it, it's Heath Ledger's Joker character with the text, "Put milk, half&half or cream in your coffee and nobody bats an eye. Put butter in your coffee, and everyone loses their mind.") a friend reminded me that another since-deceased friend put peanut-butter in his coffee for breakfast-on-the-go. LOL

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456