Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bulletproof Rapid Fat Loss Protocol page 2

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    It's like the Atkins Fat Fast. Not sure about the coffee part but the butter part is right on.
    Atkins Article : The Fat Fast

3-5 or even 10 days of this wouldn't hurt most people. Good luck, if you aren't losing weight the slow way you might want to speed the process up some.

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    You also might want to check out Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss diet.

johnflaming001 is offline Junior Member
    i heard about Bulletproof Coffee that improves brain function, increases fat loss, and keeps us full. we never feel hungry that help us to loose weight

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I tried drinking butter tea with salt in the morning (like Tibetian tea), delay the first meal till 2 pm or so, eating eggs and meat, with some mostly green veggies, and doing only light cardio, like biking and running/walking on the beach while on vacations. Sounded like a great plan! I won't excercise, but I will be full on high fat-high protein, my calories will be low, yay!

It backfired.

I was binging in the evenings on nuts and peanut butter I was making for my kid (we were visiting my mom, so the choice of foods was what she had) in 3 days. I was starved out of my mind and depressed watching everyone happily eating loads of fruit, bread, sweets. I was trying to slap my face and get out of the room to not see it, but it is a tiny house.

My valiant efforts to do high fat/high protein triggered a carb binge once I got home, fruit, and grains, and then the sweets, the usual deal. By the end of the vacation and 2 day binge I have gained 6-10 lbs, going from 115 to 122+ lbs (I was too depressed to weigh right away, I am sure I was bloated up to over 125 lbs). Still trying to take it off, hoping to get back to my steady 115-117 in another months or two of moderate carbs, Lean Gain, steady workouts and 5-HTP. Carb deprivation is not for everyone.
    Last edited by Leida; 05-10-2012 at 06:23 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Well you have to know that the reason you gained 6-10 lbs was all water weight. I did the same thing two weeks ago, I had a night of drinking for my bachelorette, then I ate crappy (grains and sugars) the following two days and I bloated up like a freaking puffer fish! It was horrible I was carrying so much water. It has taken me almost two weeks to get rid of the water weight. So know that it will come off, you just need to give it some time. It won't happen overnight. If I were you, I wouldn't weigh for a couple weeks. Weighing now will only discourage you and push you further down in the dumps emotionally, which won't help either.

Just curious, what is the longest stretch you have gone without eating processed carbs and/or sugars? (not including fruits and tubers)

Wow, that hurt!! Ordered my 5 lb bag of bulletproof coffee beans for $75 , which is fine, and then had to get it shipped to the UK, which cost $47 - yikes!! Hope it's worth it!!

patski is offline Senior Member
    Too many supps!

How is this 'fasting' when you're eating fat?!
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

patski is offline Senior Member
    michelle,

Shipping to Canada is crazy as well! If it's any good, let me know! I'll have it shipped to the US, then pick it up next month when I visit family.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    Too many supps!

How is this 'fasting' when you're eating fat?!
    This is ultimately what I decided, too. Instead I got back to the basics... meat, veggies, fat. I started Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred video 3 days a week in addition to walking my dog for an hour everyday. I think I am starting to lose again. I wasn't sprinting and this video is high intensity for 20 minutes, so I think it's what I needed. I did buy some MCT oil for my coffee, though. Alzheimer's runs in my family and research is promising for MCT oil + brain health.

Wow! That is a lot of supplements.

I would rather try intermittent fasting. Missing breakfast, meat and veg for lunch and supper with minimal carbs should always result in weight loss. It is just a matter of a calorie deficit low enough to keep the weight coming off. Plus a nice big refeed once a week to keep same

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast