Thread: Side effects page

Cavemanseph is offline Junior Member

Side effects

Primal Fuel
    What side effects have people suffered in the early stages of primal??

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavemanseph View Post
    What side effects have people suffered in the early stages of primal??
    ehhh? Like more energy and reduced dependence on sugar and the resultant crashes?

statikcat is offline Senior Member
    I have known a few people to drop grains pretty fast and it can create an uncomfortable adjustment period. It is basically re-training your body to start burning fat for energy instead of carbs and sugar. So really it can be a shock to some people. Reversing how your body works to an extent. As for side effects I would expect hunger at first due to the body not being able to pull fat effectively and maybe a little nauseous. I dropped grains initially for 3 months straight and never had any problems though. Maybe some of the above is psychological if you have been eating a lot of sugar and processed food it is mentally addicting a well. Luckily fatty meals are filling!
    Last edited by statikcat; 04-27-2012 at 12:08 PM.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by statikcat View Post
    I have known a few people to drop grains pretty fast and it can create an uncomfortable adjustment period. It is basically re-training your body to start burning fat for energy instead of carbs and sugar. So really it can be a shock to some people. Reversing how your body works to an extent. As for side effects I would expect hunger at first due to the body not being able to pull fat effectively and maybe a little nauseous. I dropped grains initially for 3 months straight and never had any problems though. Maybe some of the above is psychological if you have been eating a lot of sugar and processed food it is mentally addicting a well. Luckily fatty meals are filling!
    As to the switch from sugar to fat....two things seem to help a ton. Make sure you are actually eating enough fat (coconut oil seems to help) and salt your food/drink bone broth. Don't be afraid of a bit of sodium. It tends to eliminate the nausea and headaches that some seem to report.