Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: When you're expected to eat... page 4

activia is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    First, remember the crab pot. They're all trying to pull you into the boiling water so you'll be at the same disadvantage. Realize that they are assaulting you, attempting to absolve their fears by seeing you fail, too. They NEED to know that everybody else is making poor choices, too, or they run out of a good excuse to keep eating themselves to death. It's not about you, it's about them. If you fold, you're telling them it's okay to die by the hands of corporate greed, that the government is free to kill us en masse with immunity. If you stand tall, and explain you're done being poisoned like a sheep, it SHOULD piss them off because they're AFRAID of the truth.
    This is true for a lot of people. Especially when it comes to junk food. Its like mob mentality... people feel a lot better about doing something when others around them are doing it too.. if you don't it makes them feel bad about themselves.

Then there are some that think that you are depriving yourself and its going to cause you to have mental issues with food so they actually have your best interest at heart. Then there are the ones that think you should be eating low fat and whole grains to be healthy.
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

JHen is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by knifegill View Post
    first, remember the crab pot. They're all trying to pull you into the boiling water so you'll be at the same disadvantage. Realize that they are assaulting you, attempting to absolve their fears by seeing you fail, too. They need to know that everybody else is making poor choices, too, or they run out of a good excuse to keep eating themselves to death. It's not about you, it's about them. If you fold, you're telling them it's okay to die by the hands of corporate greed, that the government is free to kill us en masse with immunity. If you stand tall, and explain you're done being poisoned like a sheep, it should piss them off because they're afraid of the truth.

So tell them the truth, that they're all poisoning themselves, and start explaining that gmo grain crops are subsidized by the government, the dangers of monoculture and soil depletion, and the vulnerability of an economy based so heavily on simple grains - then, once you start explaining what monsanto and other dna-altering companies have done to make corn toxic, they'll stick their fingers into their eyeballs and run away screaming to mommy.
    qft

lamoka is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    I've started using "wheat doesn't like me." How can that be argued with? It's not an allergy, but it will have unplesant side effects. If they push, ask if they want details
    ^^This!! I had a guy today tell me his triple chocolate cake was just what I needed, and I smiled and said.. "No way.. pure poison dude.. pure poison!" and laughed and he laughed and it was all good.
    I had to eat some food the other day, after getting tattoo work done and I was ravenous and tried ordering the best I could considering most restaurants are based in carb mentality.. corn bread to start, a salad topped with peas and corn (scraped off that corn) and grilled chicken with sauteed spinach over wild rice.. uhg!!
    so I had a piece of corn bread, got rid of the corn on the salad and ate half the entree.. the next day I had anxiety, breast tenderness, lymph soreness, joint pain and was wiped out..
    its just not for me anymore..
    today I had this HUGE burger with all the fixins, loaded with bacon and blue cheese crumbles without the bun and my husband ordered the same.. the restaurant owner was more than happy to oblige, although he was the one offering the poison cake! lol
    so when those moments come up.. I just fall back on a joking attitude or say, "truly, these foods will make me sicker than a dog.. looks great, so have one for me!" or how about " I have a rare genetic disorder... "
    People tend to pooh-pooh diets, but if you put it in the framework of "it makes me physically ill," they'll leave you alone..
    Female 5'5", Feb. 29, 2012 SW 208, GW 160
    My journal...
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post734883

PrimalPam is offline Member
    I play the "Borderline high blood sugar card". If they persist, I tell them that my doctor says I'm at risk for diabetes (we ALL are, if we continue to eat this garbage), and that I'm only allotted a certain # of carbs per day and I have a big dinner planned tonight (or lunch, or whatever is convenient) that will use up all my carbs. I then stare longingly at the food they want me to eat and say, "Oh my gosh, I SO wish I could eat that. You enjoy!"

I did this just today with cupcakes. They looked amazing, but I brought up the blood sugar issue, and it was quickly dismissed.
    Truly Paleo since 1/1/2012 (Doing Leptin reset)
    Turned 50 on 3/8/2012 !!!
    5'2" Female
    11/27/2011: 162.8 lbs.
    7/15/12 : 148.6 lbs.
    Clean Paleo diet: Lots of CO, Meat, Seafood, and doing CT 5x/week, 40 mins @ 50-52 degrees F

primalswan is offline Senior Member
    I just say "wheat (or sugar) and I do not get along." If someone asks me what I do eat I am honest, but usually they leave me alone. I just went to lunch with a friend today who started off completely thinking I was nuts. The last time we got together she was in complete denial. However, 15 pounds lost later she is taking a look at the giant Cobb salad I ate while she had 1/2 a sandwich and some fries and wondering if I am not onto something here. I suspect a convert in my future!

campanella is offline Senior Member
    In situations where I would feel weird going into great detail of why I eat the way I do - which is most times - I just say some excuse which varies day to day. I often say I just got my braces adjusted and my teeth are too sore to chew. Only works if you have braces :P Or I say I already ate, or I just ate, or I'm not hungry, or I don't like the specific food.. or sometimes I just say "o thanks" and if they pressure I just keep repeating "no thanks" and eventually they get the point.

I think I'll start telling people the truth though. It gets to the point where I feel like other people see me as a pathetic liar who doesn't want to admit something and is always coming up with dumb sounding excuses.

SeanM is offline Senior Member
    "I'm not hungry."

activia is offline Senior Member
    Oh yes people will leave you alone if you say you just dont like something.
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by activia View Post
    Oh yes people will leave you alone if you say you just dont like something.
    Just try to tell somebody you don't like pizza! Better to say it doesn't like you.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Become one with your inner a**hole. Then you can say whatever you want, or not, and truly not care.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast