Thread: Primal convenience store... page

Popa Murph Guest

Shop Now

I know the best thing would be to make sure you always have pre-maid primal snacks available but let's just say you don't.

What are some not too horrible items you could pick up for a snack at a gas station or convenience store?

Ideas?

mrd232 is offline Junior Member

Nuts, unsalted plain trail mix (there's a few organic varieties I've seen popping up here and there, jerky (just watch for MSG and other additives), an apple. I'm not sure whereabouts you're located, but all of our local Wawa stores offer fresh-cut veggie snack packs and plain hard-boiled egg packs.

Get Primal is offline Junior Member

A bottle of water. A lot of people that advocate IF would tell you frequent snacking isn't necessary. Instead of settling for something less than optimal, take advantage of the opportunity and skip a snack or meal.

If this isn't an option I think the eggs and raw veggies would be your best bet. Sometimes you can find unsalted almonds though it's unusual in a convenience store. Trail mixes without peanuts are really hard to find where I am. Good luck!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

I found pumpkin seeds at the gas station last time I had a food emergency. Nuts are generally a good option if there aren't additives.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

I'm going to open up a primal convenience store...

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Popa Murph Guest

Good stuff!