Page 85 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment page 85

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Wind sprints are awesome. When you don't have plantar fasciitis. Fish and fruit and vegetables are awesome too. When you have money. I've been working overtime to pay rent and guess what! My rent is paid and I have zero dollars for groceries this week, so I'm eating my roommate's pasta! Yay! And I had about 10 dollars for groceries last week, and that's only because my tax return came in! Whee! So I didn't have to walk from Brooklyn to Manhattan to get to work, I could actually take the subway.

I know what to do. I'm fucking injured and poor and tired and overworked. Oh, and when I dropped five pounds BETWEEN CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEARS I was eating steak and caviar and tiramisu and eggs on buttered wheat toast and ice cream and drinking wine every night and staying up late to catch up on Homeland and Girls and I could eat like that because I was looking after a friend who had just had surgery and we were staying with a bazillionaire friend of his.

So bodies. They're weird. And being broke sucks.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

And unsolicited advice is actually criticism, FYI!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Okay, so I re-read most of this journal, and this is what I re-discovered:

Fatty omelettes keep me cranking from morning until 4-5pm. Fatty omelettes are 1 whole egg + 2 yolks + qtr c bacon and qtr c onions. (Hey! They sound Whole30!). Tomatoes or Kim chee are nice on the side.

Ashwagandha before bed helps regulate my cycle and helps me sleep. I ran out in Jan and didn't replenish.

Going to bed at 7pm helps me lose weight and wake up at 4am for time to work on personal projects.

An adrenal cocktail in the am and the pm helps with stress and sleep.

3 cups of kale per day is better than a magnesium supplement in terms of physical relaxation and ability to breathe deeply. A kale and mango smoothie for dinner and better sleep?

My medication had always given me skin problems.

Blue Ice CLO is great.

Coffee with chocolate almond milk and Olio coconut oil is heaven.

Asparagus, when well-cooked, is my friend.

If I walk to and from work every day, I'll get my 10,000 steps in.

My body likes about 1 g ptn per lb of lean body mass.

Happiness and pleasure are key to weight loss. If I'm very happy and connected to my pleasure I will lose weight even if I am drinking wine, staying up late, and eating tiramisu.

Dairy ruins my cycle.

Contaminated water makes me angry. Reverse osmosis water is best.

I get bored with repetitive dinners. Alternating dinners are better. May also apply to breakfast.

Good dinners are burgers, turkey burgers, and salmon.

Sweet potatoes sometime sit in my gut like a rock.

Honey and ACV in hot water help me sleep.

Having my last meal at 4pm helps me sleep.

I need to re-read this like once a month!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

WaylandC is offline Senior Member
    You can do it Kalli Don't worry about the weight. It'll come off. You already know what you need to do and are making a plan for your health.
    Last edited by WaylandC; 05-04-2014 at 09:24 AM.

Thanks for the encouragement, Wayland!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    So... I'm totally with you... I tempted the fates this morning and stepped on the scale. I'm back up to 190... but I am no way ready for a whole30 right now. I'm not mentally into anything at the present moment, so I'm trying to aim for Primal right now.

So sorry for the money woes. I hate money woes. Nothing in (my) life makes me feel more helpless and hopeless than being broke. You can't buy groceries, you can't go out to eat, you can't provide for yourself... I know that feeling. Being broke totally sucks. I hope you're able to find a way to make it all work out soon.

Oh and Find your people - Meetup. They have a paleo category. I didn't find anything that specifically used the terms Whole30, but I didn't look for long either. I'm sure there's SOMEONE in the paleo categories that follows Whole30.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    So... I'm totally with you... I tempted the fates this morning and stepped on the scale. I'm back up to 190... but I am no way ready for a whole30 right now. I'm not mentally into anything at the present moment, so I'm trying to aim for Primal right now.

So sorry for the money woes. I hate money woes. Nothing in (my) life makes me feel more helpless and hopeless than being broke. You can't buy groceries, you can't go out to eat, you can't provide for yourself... I know that feeling. Being broke totally sucks. I hope you're able to find a way to make it all work out soon.

Oh and Find your people - Meetup. They have a paleo category. I didn't find anything that specifically used the terms Whole30, but I didn't look for long either. I'm sure there's SOMEONE in the paleo categories that follows Whole30.
    Yeah. I was on the not weighing train for a while, but it seems like every time I get on it I go up 10-20 lbs from not knowing, not having awareness. I got back on the scale in the AM, and it read 188, so 6 of those pounds were water weight. Crazy. But better than being 194.

I walked home yesterday and it was tiring and I got a ton of blisters and my heel hurts again. Maybe I'll just focus on yoga and weight lifting.

Hmmm...
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Today's fatty omelette was not filling enough. I am starving! Argh! Had an omelette with 2 pcs of bacon with 16 g of ptn each! Pastured eggs - 1 whole egg and 2 yolks. And a side salad of watercress dressed with lemon. Yummy, but not enough. I'm going to have a pork belly sandwich for lunch and see if that fills me up. Hmmm...

EDIT: Okay, I ate a pork belly sandwich, and normally I am full for the rest of the day after one, and right now I feel like I could INHALE another one!
    Last edited by kalli889; 05-09-2014 at 10:43 AM.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

After stopping my meds (not for any reason other than lack of funds), a) my face has almost totally cleared up, and b) I am RAVENOUSLY hungry. Will probably need to up my protein, not just fat.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

WaylandC is offline Senior Member
    So I was curious to see what 130-140 lbs looks like on a woman who is 5'9" at MyBodyGallery. Is there a particular reason you want to be at that posted goal weight?

I just imagine that you look better than you think even right now, especially since you're active, do sprints occasionally and lift weights (I think).

It comes down to how you feel you look in the mirror. I don't want a particular goal weight to discourage you from the progress you're making.

Page 85 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast