Page 73 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment page 73

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    I will probably restart my LR next Saturday, the day after I get paid. Probably will buy a food scale too. I will try to focus on grass-fed beef and pastured eggs for protein. I think starting Friday I'll drop my medication down to 150mg/day. . Really happy about this grass-fed ground beef find. At the co-op it's $8.99/lb and on US Wellness it's $7.10-ish if you buy it in a 15-lb bundle. This way I don't even really need to make a Costco run. I'll get sick of sliders for dinner though, so I should come up with a variety of recipes. Ground beef hash, sliders with salsa and avocado, sliders with bacon and mushrooms, beef-a-roni with spaghetti squash, beef tartare (!!!), scotch eggs (using sausage). Maybe I'll even put an order in for braunschweiger and pemmican, etc, from US Wellness. variety is the spice of life!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

Well, my mom is forced to to grain-free against her will -- she has a really bad ulcer. We didn't know what it was and it got worse and worse, and finally someone at work told her it sounded like an ulcer. She was reading that grains make it worse, and she got really overwhelmed at having to change her diet. She usually eats oatmeal for breakfast, hummus on rice cakes for lunch with creamy tomato soup, and some kind of simple dinner, like an omelette.

Now she can't have grains, or milk, or acid fruits like tomato, and can't have heavy meats either, so basically she's a lacto-ovo Primal vegetarian now. (Cheese is fine, but milk is not.)

I drew up a sample meal plan for her to show her what she could eat so she wouldn't be so overwhelmed, like a spinach and cheese omelette with a side of stewed pears for breakfast, a veggie frittata with sides of fried plantains and roast broccoli, and a dinner of a baked sweet potato with cabbage slaw on the side, and banana and almonds for a snack.

I had like three jars of sauerkraut in the fridge, so I strained out all the juice and gave it to her, as it is supposed to be incredibly healing for ulcers. She said it was delicious. We went to the store and she got lots of aloe vera juice too. I cooked and peeled hard-boiled eggs for her to eat for breakfast tomorrow, so she doesn't have to think about it.

I told her if she'd like I could meal plan and cook for her at first, so she could learn what foods were available to her without having to do it all by herself. I enjoy cooking, I don't like to see her in pain, and I do like to see when a food seems good for her, like the sauerkraut juice.

I hope she has much healing at the end of all this, and greater energy as a result.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Well, my mom is forced to to grain-free against her will -- she has a really bad ulcer. We didn't know what it was and it got worse and worse, and finally someone at work told her it sounded like an ulcer. She was reading that grains make it worse, and she got really overwhelmed at having to change her diet. She usually eats oatmeal for breakfast, hummus on rice cakes for lunch with creamy tomato soup, and some kind of simple dinner, like an omelette.

Now she can't have grains, or milk, or acid fruits like tomato, and can't have heavy meats either, so basically she's a lacto-ovo Primal vegetarian now. (Cheese is fine, but milk is not.)

I drew up a sample meal plan for her to show her what she could eat so she wouldn't be so overwhelmed, like a spinach and cheese omelette with a side of stewed pears for breakfast, a veggie frittata with sides of fried plantains and roast broccoli, and a dinner of a baked sweet potato with cabbage slaw on the side, and banana and almonds for a snack.

I had like three jars of sauerkraut in the fridge, so I strained out all the juice and gave it to her, as it is supposed to be incredibly healing for ulcers. She said it was delicious. We went to the store and she got lots of aloe vera juice too. I cooked and peeled hard-boiled eggs for her to eat for breakfast tomorrow, so she doesn't have to think about it.

I told her if she'd like I could meal plan and cook for her at first, so she could learn what foods were available to her without having to do it all by herself. I enjoy cooking, I don't like to see her in pain, and I do like to see when a food seems good for her, like the sauerkraut juice.

I hope she has much healing at the end of all this, and greater energy as a result.o
    My Leptin Reset Journey

WaylandC is offline Senior Member
    Will it be easier to convince your mom now to stick to this way of eating if she believes going back to the old way puts her at risk of recurring ulcers and other negative things? Are there any other health markers that you can point out that will show her that this way of eating is healthier?

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Bummer for your mom, but score for you! Maybe you can show her how delicious this can be and she'll latch on for life.

Your self experimentation is always interesting. Thanks for the frequent updates.

Weird dreams about your Brother and SIL... I wonder what that's all about? I used to take Welbutrin (both for depression and smoking cessation) and if I remember correctly, it can cause weird, vivid dreams.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Brother and SIL can be complicated to deal with at times, I'll leave it at that.

Halving Wellbutrin starting today, re-starting 50g ptn breakfasts starting tomorrow.

Mom doesn't have an ulcer, she has gallstones (I totally called it!). Her Dr. recommeded surgery and I was like, "You can dissolve them, you know. I've heard of people [on this forum] having surgery and then needing to take bile salts for life." She went and researched after effects of gallbladder removal and then she said, "There is NO WAY I am having surgery!" So yay! No surgery, and change of diet.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Wayland: she doesn't need convincing -- the pain can be so bad she can hardly move and it often wakes her up. :-/
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Wayland: she doesn't need convincing -- the pain can be so bad she can hardly move and it often wakes her up. :-/
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Okay, I like Louise Hay as much as the next person, but this whole disease caused by a specific emotion thing is too much. I told my brother and SIL about my mom's gallstones, and it said that she is bitter and full of resentment. PUH-LEESE. My mom is the least bitter person. If she gets a resentment, she processes it and lets it go. She's generally happy and easy going. She sets good boundaries so generally has very little to be resentful about.

This must be the same book that said my older brother got cancer because he brought it upon himself. (My little brother used this as a reason to not fly out to see him before the surgery...even though he could have died!)

If this book was so helpful, than why does my SIL still have large cysts in her uterus?

Sometimes! Diseases have biological origin! Sometimes! They're caused by improper diet, stress, and contaminated food and water! Sometimes! Good people get sick.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm glad your mom found the source of her pain and is willing to dissolve the gall stones as opposed to having surgery. I wish more people were as receptive to food as medicine.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Page 73 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast