Page 72 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment page 72

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    When it rains, it pours! After months of job-hunting, suddenly everyone wants to hire me, even people in NYC! Turned down a few, and start at one next week! Yay! More money to spend on food!

I think I am going to taper off my meds, or at least reduce the dosage. I'm not eating enough to lose inches! Ha! Amazing. When I was eating a lot more it was like, Whoosh! Down go the inches! Now I'm cold all the time and no inches lost. :-/. MOAR FOOD! Hilarious. Body! Why you so weird!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

Quote Originally Posted by kalli889 View Post
    Yesterday and the day before I had beans, again because I'm low on funds and they're $2 a pound.

My experience of sitting before: fine, no problem.

My experience of sitting today: painful.

There you have it! I don't have gastro symptoms from beans, but I do have musculoskeletal pain. I don't know when I'll have more funds. The pork roast should last for a few days, but I haven't any veggies to go with it. :-/
    How do you have your beans? I seem to do well enough with beans when I sprout them before doing anything else with them. Just cooking dried ones is a No No though.

Quote Originally Posted by BrainInABody View Post
    How do you have your beans? I seem to do well enough with beans when I sprout them before doing anything else with them. Just cooking dried ones is a No No though.
    What do you do to sprout them? These are just cooked from dried beans...
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Soak them overnight, then let them sit in a bowl or a jar for 3-4 days, rinsing them in the morning and in the evening, until I have a bowl of little green tadpoles.
    I admit it takes a little time, but they more than double in quantity when you sprout them and at least for me, don't seem to cause bloating or gas after that (plus you can eat them raw if you want to after sprouting).

I made this beetroot-mung bean sprout thingy in the oven a little while back and it turned out really lovely:
    10276579094_723dbb5024_z.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BrainInABody View Post
    Soak them overnight, then let them sit in a bowl or a jar for 3-4 days, rinsing them in the morning and in the evening, until I have a bowl of little green tadpoles.
    I admit it takes a little time, but they more than double in quantity when you sprout them and at least for me, don't seem to cause bloating or gas after that (plus you can eat them raw if you want to after sprouting).

I made this beetroot-mung bean sprout thingy in the oven a little while back and it turned out really lovely:
    10276579094_723dbb5024_z.jpg
    Cool, thanks! It would be nice to be able to eat beans, and way cheaper!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Lost an inch off my bust! Probably the only woman ever to be happy about this, but everything fits more the way I like it, AND it's a good sign that I'm flushing excess estrogen out of my system. . Yay!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Found a vendor at the local farmers market who sells grass-fed ground beef in 5-lb value bundles for $29.37 (5.97/lb)!!!! Color me excited!

In other news, just had a creepy dream. I dreamt my little brother and his wife were watching my beloved cat while I was between apartments, and without telling me...they got rid of him. And they acted like nothing was wrong. I was so upset when I realized this that I started sobbing, I was so devastated. When I woke up I was so sad and so angry! Then I realized that I haven't had that cat in a long time, and he now lives with my beloved friends in NYC.

Feeling very unsettled and very disinclined to hang out with or talk to my brother or SIL.

The last time I woke up this angry from a dream, I dreamt that my boyfriend at the time was cheating on me. I felt so silly for being so upset at a dream, and then later found out that he was in fact cheating on me...
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Well, since I went back on my antidepressant medication I feel AWESOME and MOTIVATED, but my hair is falling out like mad, and my skin is super greasy and I'm breaking out. High androgens? Who knows! It would be nice to know what's in this stuff!

I'm on 300mg of generic Wellbutrin SR a day. I might cut back to 150mg to see what happens. Remember how I was a super bitch and always irritable recently? People are now commenting on how nice it is to have me around, because I'm always smiling and happy. I'm kind of superstitious about going off medication, knowing how low energy, depressed, and irritable I can be otherwise. But I'm not eating enough, my hair falls out in huge chunks, I have random hives, and my skin is greasy. The only thing that saves it is the powdered mineral makeup that I use, and blotting.

http://www.depressionforums.org/foru...ical-question/

I got a little temp job, so now I have breathing room. The work is easy, I'm busy all day, and I sit next to a sweet little old lady, so that is a VAST improvement over a creeper. And my supervisor told me that if I don't like who I sit next to, to let her know and she'd move me. THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE, LAST JOB!

I still do want to eat Alaskan salmon, but I'm so creeped out by the radiation levels found in fish off the West Coast. Very sad about this. I'll have to buy some Nova Lox.

Last year I wasn't on medication, but I was going to bed early, eating salmon everyday, and taking high doses of Omega-3s. I wonder if I could talk my dr into prescribing my OmegaBrite, and then seeing if I could get insurance to pay for it...that AND the EmpowerPlus vitamins, which do work, and cost a fortune. :-(. Last year I was also totally derailed by Hurricane Sandy and the work situation. My medication kind of seems like my friend, and I'm on a lower dose than I was on when I had a seizure. (I think I accidentally double-dosed anyway, so...)

It's nice to just take a pill and feel awesome and productive. Maybe I'll stay on it (at perhaps a lower dosage), until I can regularly afford OmegaBrite and EmpowerPlus. Also, if I stick to Pastured Eggs and 100% Grass Fed Beef, and take CorOmega (my 2nd choice Omegas), maybe I can keep my mood up on a reduced dose. HMMM...

One of the local co-ops was recently hiring for a food class demonstrater...maybe I'll teach some food classes?
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Had another weird dream about my brother and SIL. Was staying at their house and got woken up by voices. They were up talking - she was bleeding and bleeding and bleeding. (She has a history of endometriosis, fibroids, and cysts, is currently pregnant and has a cyst too.). Her dad stopped by. It was 3 am and he had driven a long way to get here. (In reality, he lives 5 mins away.). She started yelling at him and telling him that it was none of his business, and that it was his own damn fault for coming and no one asked him to. He finally left, and she just kept bleeding an bleeding.

In other news, in reality, found out she is planning the baby shower. I live across the street and this is the first I've heard of it!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Been reading more about hormonal effects of Wellbutrin. In some women it appears estrogenic, in some men and women it appears androgenic, and was reading that if effects DHEA-S, which is the form of DHEA that can be turned into either estrogen or testosterone. (7-Keto DHEA cannot be turned into either. Perhaps that is a better option?)
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Page 72 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast