Page 69 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment page 69

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    I was journaling about the whole work situation, and I thought of that Maya Angelou quote, "People tell you who they are. Trust them."

I had a really close friend, so close that during college I would go home with her for the holidays so I wouldn't have to fly cross-country. This friend was normally so friendly and warm-hearted with people, and I'd hear about how she's save up so she and her mother could go on special trips. But in person I'd see her be so disrespectful to her mother, speaking to her in a condescending tone and outright calling her mother stupid to her face. Years passed, and I was with my friend, talking over a possible cross-country move. My friend told me that she questioned my thinking and told me that I made bad decisions. I was like, "Are you fucking serious?" She later told me that she didn't want me to move because she would miss me and because she wanted me to be a part of her creative community. I was like, "You should have just said that then, instead of insulting me." Our friendship has never really recovered. So much to the point that I _DID_ make that cross-country move, and never told her. I don't even think she knows now -- she's sent me emails asking me to cover catering shifts or to catsit for her. I just ignore (they're usually mass emails) or tell her that I'm out of town (true).

The thing is, I already knew that she could be incredibly disrespectful to those closest to her. I just chose to ignore it.

With my work situation, looking back, there were red flags. In the company culture. Looking back I can see that these are people who will not go to bat for you.

I chose to ignore that. I'm not going to do that again. People tell or show you who they are. Trust them.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

The Adequate-Sleep Life-Enhancing Experimental Project | Martha Beck

This is basically what I did last year during my Leptin Reset, after I got my sleep environment perfected. Blackout curtains, eye mask, ear plugs, temperature regulation. I went to sleep between 7-8, and awoke refreshed between 4-5. IT WAS LOVELY. I LOVE FEELING REFRESHED. I got so much done in the quiet of the morning -- yoga, full cooked breakfast, writing, makeup and hair...

Some day...some day...

Also, daring Sleep Experimenters! If you try to get more sleep, be warned! Just as when you try to improve your food, there are totally SLEEP HATERZ. People who will try to make you feel stupid/like a loser for going to bed when it suits YOU instead of staying up with them and rehashing their personal problems for hours. Or for not staying up and drinking with them. BE WARNED. THEY ARE OUT THERE.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Bloat has gone DOWN after two days of binges. Who knows about anything anymore!

In other news, not hungry this AM, so IFing, I guess. I wasn't hungry yesterday morning and only had half of my egg shake. I thawed out some chicken for last night's dinner, but wasn't hungry so I thought I'd have it for breakfast. Still not hungry.

EDIT: Having some lovely coffee with chocolate almond milk and coconut oil. The coconut oil is a new brand to me, Ojio. There's something very silky and lovely about it. I remember when I switched from Nutiva to Spectrum (not by choice, going on what was available), I had some nausea. Not so with Ojio! Lovely, absolutely lovely.
    Last edited by kalli889; 10-11-2013 at 10:59 AM.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Got RAVENOUSLY HUNGRY at around four. Had about 8 oz of baked chicken and a half c or Brussels sprouts. I forgot how delicious chicken can be, when well-prepared.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

WaylandC is offline Senior Member
    The binge a.k.a. refeed may have been what the body needed. Sometimes it's like that... I did a 24 hour (or so) fast that ended around 5:10 today. I felt like I needed it after a couple days of LOTS of scuppernongs/muscadines/southern grapes and some bad foods. I felt really good after giving my body a break.

You know how sometimes you should just mind your own business? My SIL is pregnant and both she and my brother eat GMO grains and sugar all the time. GMOs have been linked to infertility and infant mortality in animals. My mom has a HUUUUGE hard line on GMOs and she'll tell anyone who'll listen (not everybody, esp. in Kansas) why you shouldn't eat them. She asked me today, "Have you told her that she shouldn't be eating that crap?" I was like, "I have a policy of not telling people how to do their food, because they tend to not like it." I ended up putting a link to an article on Twitter bc she and my little brother are not on FB.

My little brother just posted a SUPER snarky response. He RARELY responds to anything I put on Twitter. Yeah, so see? Not wanted. And I didn't even address it to either of them.

Bleahhh. Should listen to my own instincts. Now I have a bad taste in my mouth from my brother being super snarky.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Quote Originally Posted by WaylandC View Post
    The binge a.k.a. refeed may have been what the body needed. Sometimes it's like that... I did a 24 hour (or so) fast that ended around 5:10 today. I felt like I needed it after a couple days of LOTS of scuppernongs/muscadines/southern grapes and some bad foods. I felt really good after giving my body a break.
    Yeah maybe. HMMMM! How interesting!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

something4me is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kalli889 View Post
    Had the adrenal cocktail twice yesterday. My sleep felt deep and luxurious, and I feel grounded and wide awake this morning.
    Why did you have it twice?

Quote Originally Posted by something4me View Post
    Why did you have it twice?
    They say to have it in the evening if you're having trouble sleeping, and to have it in the morning if you are extra stressed.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I got some Vitex and Ashwaganda today! Vitex to regulate my cycle (come on, 28 days!), and Ashwaganda for adrenal health and energy. I probably should start them separately, to see diff effects...buuuuuuut I'm not. I'm impatient.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Page 69 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast