Page 61 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment page 61

kalli889 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I'm glad you slept well.
    Thank you! Sleep is so important!

Sleep is getting better and better, even if I stay up late its now til midnight and not 2 or 4 am, and I'm waking up at 9 every day, instead of 10 or 11 (and wondering where the day has gone).
    Last edited by kalli889; 09-11-2013 at 07:40 AM.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

Could you be eating too much estrogen?

http://www.foodtrients.com/news/coul...much-estrogen/

I think my dairy-fest during my Nutritional Ketosis experiment added too much estrogen and lengthened my cycle. What to do! Eat lots of veggies from the brassica family: cabbage, kale, Brussels sprouts, broccoli.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Interesting! Makes total sense in the milk contains hormones sense. Thanks for sharing.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Interesting! Makes total sense in the milk contains hormones sense. Thanks for sharing.
    It helps! And it's incentive to stay away from dairy!

In other news, today I craved gluten-free corn dogs and sweet potato fries, so I had them. SO tired for my workout, and just woke up from and hour and a half nap. I really want one of those blood glucose monitors so I can see what happens to my blood sugar after that carb load. I think I'm soooo sensitive. Had it for lunch, after that BAB. I still have cravings. Maybe I'll eat a 88% dark chocolate bar. Maybe tomorrow should be all fat after breakfast. I don't like my honey almond butter as much as the maple almond butter, but there was a recall, so none is available right now. .

I have a bunch of broth, I could get some kale or chard and make soup tomorrow. . I miss having a Trader Joe's and being able to get my sausages with a ton of protein. Yarrr.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

After my carb binge today, I'm thinking of going back to NK, this time without dairy. I think I'll play around with meal plans, and it will have to wait until I get paid again, but I really felt my best on NK. Probably lots of fat bombs. (Ooh, I could make those now! Almond butter and cacao and coconut oil!) I'd really like to try US Wellness Pemmican. Someone give me a few pounds of it, please!

NK really made my brain happy and my mood stable and even. I've been reading a book about ADD called "Delivered From Distraction", and he recommends doing a lot of the things I did in the past year -- high doses of high quality fish oil, Empower Plus vitamins. Just helping my brother out now with his business, so not making enough for OmegaBrite fish oil and EmpowerPlus, but it's something I'd like to work towards.

I've been doing the Interval program on the elliptical every day for 20 minutes, and lifting with a focus on back, core, glutes, and chest. My legs already have better tone, and my arms look a lot better. Progress! I'll keep up with this as long as it works, and as long as I see progress. It makes me feel a lot better to go to the gym too.

Went to an herb study class last night, and learned about comfrey and golden rod. This girl had leaves of comfrey that you could take. You can use it to make a poultice for a broken bone or a sprain. It's other name is "knitbone." I took a bath with tea made from the leaves. It was nice! I want more, and I want it as tea.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Something to make for my next NK run: FAT BREAD. YES.

Fat Bread: Third Time's The Charm. Mission Accomplished! | Free The Animal
    My Leptin Reset Journey

BAB: shake with 8 pastured eggs, Justin's Honey Almond Butter, Silk Dark Chocolate Almond Milk, and cinnamon.

Pretty good! We'll see how I feel in an hour.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

I wonder if I have sleep apnea. I sleep a lot and can wake up tired, crabby, and lacking in motivation. Like today, I don't want to do anything. I don't want to work out, I don't want to talk to anyone, nothing. I know my sleep got TONS better last year with Leptin Reset, so lets do that again. Also, I put that weight back on, so that could be negatively affecting my sleep. Boo.

Also, I think my instant coffee is what caused an issue with feeling gross after breakfast. Didn't have it yesterday, felt fine, had the tiniest bit this morning, feel gross.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Ugh, I hope you're feeling better soon.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Thanks!

In other news, weighed myself at Dillon's, and did their BMI/Body Fat testing. They say I've gone from 120 lbs lean body weight to 124 lbs lean body weight. FOUR POUNDS LEAN BODY WEIGHT! I hope it's all in my ass, which is looking better if I do say so myself. NICE TO SEE INCHES GO DOWN EVEN WHEN THE SCALE GOES UP! Those store body fat/weight/blood pressure machines CAN be inaccurate and change depending upon hydration. I think I want my own body fat % scale.

Feeling better after having a Guayaki Yerba Mate sparkling spritzer thing. It has sugar, so sue me. I'm alive and not in my bed. :-D

I like my egg shake with chocolate almond milk. Since I'm not Whole30, I'm all good for now. :-D More egg shakes for all!

I have a dream, guys. Listen up. So my brother and his wife live in Kansas, and my mom moved to Kansas last December. Mom was going to work at an organic herb farm, and they were going to train her how to do everything so she could go out on her own, because they can't keep up with the demand from restaurants, etc. If I make a lot of money in film, I'd like to buy a farm where the family could do organic herbs. Mom could have a little straw bale house and a separate art studio, I could hire an overseer and we could do internships with KU students to run the thing. I could come visit from LA or NYC and have a nice retreat away from the lights and noise, and have a nice herb garden to walk through. We could have a pond and some horses. Doesn't that sound nice? Mom could do her art and have an art career, and I could give her a stipend via a trust to manage everything. If KS SIL wanted, she could help out here. If WA brother and SIL wanted to move her and manage the farm, maybe even better? Brother is still having fatigue issues from cancer. :-(
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Page 61 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast