Page 6 of 97 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment page 6

something4me is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Spectrum also makes a refined version of their coconut oil.
    It doesn't taste like coconut. I use it to cook eggs and vegetables.

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Look at my sleep!

sleepgraphmay16.jpg

Amazing. Let's do more of this. Total drop off until the morning hours. WHAT WOULD I FEEL LIKE IF I SLEPT LIKE THIS EVERY DAY?

I had zero dairy yesterday. I didn't eat dinner last night because I felt so ill. I woke up at 7:15 am this morning (not 6:30ish like the pic says) and I could have slept more. Possibly need more healing time? (Probable, esp. with dairy identified as a possible irritant.)

I had 3 chicken pesto sausages for breakfast, with sauerkraut and mustard. (63g ptn) I was in a rush and I'M OUT OF SARDINES so I just made 3 more for lunch, with sauerkraut, and I'll pick up a salad.

I have aches again (ankle, left shoulder) and I'm not waking without my alarm. Soon. Soon. The protein is for healing.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

Quote Originally Posted by something4me View Post
    Spectrum also makes a refined version of their coconut oil.
    It doesn't taste like coconut. I use it to cook eggs and vegetables.
    Oooh, thanks!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    I can't see your graphs... are you using the little picture icon above the text box or are you "attaching" them? Attaching has never worked for me, but inserting a picture always has.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I can't see your graphs... are you using the little picture icon above the text box or are you "attaching" them? Attaching has never worked for me, but inserting a picture always has.
    I click the "Insert Image" link and then I upload it. HMMM...
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Hmmm... that's odd.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Hmmm... that's odd.
    It says "Attachment pending approval.". Maybe they're just making sure I don't post dirty pictures or something.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

I had that once when I did it a different way... and then I discovered anohter way that does it without the pending approval part b/c I've never seen any of them actually GET approved... The way I do it is like this:

Click Insert Image above the text box.
    On the insert image screen, first, make sure you're on the "from computer" tab, then "select image".
    I find my image, double click it.
    Then upload.

Sorry if that's the way you're doing it and it's not working right... Just to test...

Garmin.jpg

Yup. That's exactly what I'm doing, and your pic shows "Pending Approval." Hmmm.

Breakfast: 2 chicken sausages (42 g ptn), 2 pcs bacon (8 g ptn), and one egg (6 g ptn). 56 g ptn. And sauerkraut with caraway seeds (meh, ok). Mango black tea with a tbsp of coconut oil. For lunch I brought 3 chicken sausages and 5 c sauteed kale (63 g ptn).

Sleep was ok. Not the best. Woke with aches and pains. Had a tbsp of honey and a mug of NATURAL CALM (400 mg of mag). My chicken sausages have sheep's milk cheese in them, so that might be a factor. I'm up to 179, my waist went back up to 40" (now 39") and that concerns me. On one hand, I feel better. Nice, even keel all the time. I'm hungry for breakfast and lunch and not hungry for dinner. I had broccoli and avocadoes yesterday for dinner.

I got down to 173 straight PB, but now I'm putting on weight. What was I doing differently? Was still eating 50+ g ptn within a half hour of waking. Didn't eat after 4pm though. Now, I've been eating as late as 9p if I miss dinner or if I get home and I'm hungry. I can go back to a 4pm cutoff time. (Basically, the don't-eat-four-hours-before-bed-thing). I was snacking on almond butter and berries. So if I bring a lunch and a dinner-if-I-want-it (maybe a good time to invest in a protein shake?) then I'd be prepared if I needed/wanted dinner. Wasn't having caffeine -- now I am. Okay, back off caffeine. I started eating butter on LR. Ok, no dairy. I have chicken pesto sausages to last me until the end of the month (sheep's milk dairy), and then I'll have to find an easy, high-protein replacement. Need to do more walking. 3-5 hrs of walking. I had margaritas right before I started the LR and last wknd I had a glass of wine. Ok, no alcohol. This is good.

Last night a friend from out of town invited me out for drinks, and I said I could meet him at 7:30. (Glass of wine then off to bed?) Then he asked if we could push back to 10p bc he was going to dinner with a producer, and I said I had to be in bed by 9:30, which I did do! Yay me. He invited me out for breakfast, but mornings have been a trial AND I have to eat within 30 mins. So, next time. LR cheating averted.

LS symptoms:
    *feeling calm/sleepy
    *warmth after eating
    *warmer in general

Still waiting on:
    *falling asleep easily
    *sleeping deeply
    *waking before alarm
    *weight loss

I have a month to a month and a half (my first week was totes thrown off by TOM). So it's only been two weeks. Ok, I'm patient. I guess what's annoying is I've started acting classes again, and I want to audition but I'm 40 lbs over my last auditioning weight. That takes me from "leading lady" to "quirky friend/young mother". Meh. Whatever.

UPDATE:

We ordered Cuban food for lunch today, so I had pulled pork with green sauce and some baby shrimp...and some (4?) pieces of fried plantain. I'm SO FULL. I should have stopped eating midway through the pulled pork, but it was so delicious! So I have kale and sausages for dinner tonight...or breakfast tomorrow.

DOUBLE UPDATE:

Been reading eck's Primal Journal (I'd link, but I just closed the tab), and he says that when he stops eating early, his sleep is light-years better. I'll try that tonight. Meeting a friend at 6:30, I'll try for bed at 9pm. (I must be the only girl in New York City who goes to bed at 9.)
    Last edited by kalli889; 05-18-2012 at 10:35 AM. Reason: spelling
    My Leptin Reset Journey

I was reading up on Hypothyroidism today: Hypothyroidism - diagnosis of - DoctorMyhill

That's basically pre-Primal me to a T, but a lot of the symptoms have gone away with PB. That's good to think about! Progress, not perfection.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Page 6 of 97 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast