Page 59 of 84 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment page 59

imsuchaprincess is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by kalli889 View Post
    Well, I can only tell you my experience and what has worked for me. You will have to experiment and see what works best for you.

What is your fat intake like? When I first went primal I was starving for healthy fats, so at first I would do things like eat half a jar of coconut oil, eat a jar of almond butter, or a pint of guacamole. In one sitting. This toned down after a while, but it made me feel good and calm and alert, and to this day I eat high fats. I think some Indians or Inuit had a term called "rabbit starvation" where they were able to hunt enough rabbits for protein, but were starved of fats, as rabbits are very lean.

If you're not a breakfast eater and you're not willing to become one, then you might want to play with putting a tbsp of coconut oil and/or unsalted Kerrygold butter in your morning coffee. I'm serious. Maybe start with a tsp and work your way up to a tbsp. Google "Bulletproof coffee" for more info.

Also, how many hours after you eat are you starving? When do you eat lunch and dinner? If you're having lunch at noon and dinner at 8 or 9, and you're not fat-adapted, of course you'll feel like you're starving after a few hours. Any normal person would. Most CW people I know are hungry/angry/tired by 3-4pm every day. If you do okay with almonds, carry a jar of almond butter and some apples in your purse, and when you get hungry have some apple slices dipped in almond butter. I carry around a jar of Justin's maple almond butter around with me, and I eat it with a spoon. Some people bring hard-boiled eggs with them to work.

If you're worried about calories in fat, stop. A lot of people on Paleo eat more fat than CW people do. Our nervous systems are coated in fat and our brain is made up of fats, which is why Omega-3s are so good for us. I'm sure Mark has some good posts about fats on here. You can google "fats site:marksdailyapple.com" for more info.

I eat on average 100-150g of fat and 50-80g of protein a day. And I eat less than 50g of carbs a day, most of it sauerkraut, kim chee, kale, or seasonal fruits and veggies, but I try to limit my fruit intake. Since I have eaten a Paleo/Primal way, my daily calorie intake has been as high as 3000 cals a day, with weight loss and inches loss seen the day after a high day, but I would say on average it's been around 1500-2200. My calorie intake seems to have no relation at all to weight loss since I've been Primal, so I eat when I'm hungry. My weight loss seems to be directly linked to whether or not I am eating foods that cause inflammation in MY body (grains, sugar, dairy), but you may not have an issue with these foods. Only you can say from experience.

I am a big proponent of a BAB (a Big Ass Breakfast), per the Leptin Reset. 50g of protein. Pastured eggs, Applegate Farms bacon, Aidell's sausage, or an egg-white protein shake for when I'm lazy. This works for me, so I don't really have much experience not eating breakfast except when I wasn't prepared. I have eaten a breakfast that a firefighting bodybuilding weightlifter would respect, and that my vegan ex-roommate would aspirate in horror from seeing, so yeah. I'm a big fan of breakfast. Big fan.

But you are the expert of your body, and you'll find what works for you. Surf around the boards and read other people's experience, and play around with it. I'd say if you're hungry, eat. That's your body telling you it needs nourishment to keep you alive and at your best! .

There are also Paleo for Women blogs out there that are nice to read.

Good luck!
    Thank you Kalli,
    I'm eating breakfast but I wasn't eating enough protein. I have finally figured I need atleast 4 eggs and then some type of meat in order to not feel hungry. Now I can go 4-5 hours and feel fine.

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    That's great! I'm glad you figured out what works for you!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

F 5'9" | 32 yrs old | small frame | HW: 187 | CW: 177.2 | GW: 135

Not hungry this morning. Don't want to eat ANYTHING! Noooooo eating! None! This is why an egg white protein powder is good, it's quick, it's fast, it gets the job done.

Just watch, in an hour I'll want a steak or something.

Also, very sore from working out (yay!) and not interested in all at going to the gym. Still have insomnia. Boo. No wonder I've had difficulties with routine my whole life, my sleep has always been all over the place.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Just went grocery shopping! I bought ALL THE FATS! Yes! Bacon, avocados, almond butter, cashew butter (!), sausage! Delicious, delicious fats. And I got Dagoba organic cacao and XYLITOL for my delicious egg white smoothies. I forgot about xylitol. Mmm...I also got brewing cacao for my coffee, because I'm back on coffee again.

Watched the movie TEMPLE GRANDIN last night, and had an interesting conversation with my mom. Some of you might have seen my post about Aspergers awhile back. I think I am Aspergers. Girls present Aspergers differently than boys do. I didn't talk or respond to people until I was 2.5, I was brought out of my shell with animals, I read at 3, I was and am often in my own little world, and I studied popular children and movies/TV for info on how to behave. Sometimes people think I'm mad at them because I have bitchy resting face.

I think I'm going to talk to my therapist about this, because suddenly everything makes sense. It would be nice for me to just finally accept that I'm weird and I need a lot of alone time, even though I put on a pretty good show of being vivacious an charming. Gets tiring after a while!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

WaylandC is offline Senior Member
    I have an angry resting face as well It's more amusing to me now when people ask me if I'm mad or upset. I end up responding with no, this is just my face lol

Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by WaylandC View Post
    I have an angry resting face as well It's more amusing to me now when people ask me if I'm mad or upset. I end up responding with no, this is just my face lol

Good times.
    Ha ha ha
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Not hungry today! Had a Mojo bar and a GT Synergy cherry chia kombucha. Food is uninteresting today. Unintentionally IFing. That means its time to scale back the BAB! YES! Well, I guess I already scaled it back since I haven't had breakfast. Or lunch. Tomorrow...7 eggs! Instead of 8! One at a time until I'm eating at least twice a day.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

BAB: shake with 7 eggs, banana, Tbsp Dagoba Cacao, 2 Tbsp Justin's Honey Almond Butter, filtered water. Almond Butter + water = unsifted almond milk, right?

Good shake. Didn't taste chocolatey, so would have to up the cacao, for that delicious chocolate banana flavor. Now the flavor is very light and mild. A little full, don't know if I'm overfull yet. Maybe. I have instant coffee packets, so I could add those for a kick.

One thing that's happening with this, is that even though I still have insomnia, I'm waking up earlier and earlier. I think my body is getting the message that morning is the time to get a cortisol boost. Pretty good! Hopefully I'll start getting to sleep earlier and earlier too!

EDIT: This AM's shake was still 50g of ptn: 42g from the eggs, the rest from the almond butter!
    Last edited by kalli889; 09-09-2013 at 07:42 AM.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Blergh. Not into shakes with raw eggs. Don't feel good afterwards. I don't feel sick, per se, just heavy and dull.

Okay, back to eggs and bacon!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

PrimalCon New York
    Teeth are feeling demineralized. Feeling rough, and I feel a minute chip on my left front tooth. This happened before when I ate a lot of almonds. Now, I'm eating a lot of almond butter.

Will have to get some cod liver oil. And maybe switch from almond butter to cashew butter. Grrr...
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Page 59 of 84 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast