Page 58 of 97 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment page 58

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    LR symptom: feeling calm/sleepy. It's 7:30pm and I want to go to bed.

Attempted to poach eggs. End product pretty good, but lost a lot of the white. It's a learning process!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

Had my morning smoothie with an avocado instead of a banana...interesting. Not my favorite, but not the worst.

Here's what Alisa Vitti of FLO Living has to say about irregular/missed periods:
    Period isn't coming? Here's what to do. - FLO LivingFLO Living

Incentive to get off caffeine altogether. My sleep is still wack. Last year on LR I still had coffee except for when I went on a detox...going off will probably help healing.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

http://blog.grasslandbeef.com/bid/80127/Pemmican

Oh my goddddddddd, pemmican has the perfect macro ratios for HFLC!!!! I can't wait to try it! I think the honey-free/cherry-free kind has 26g fat, 15g ptn, and 1g of carbs. That is a beautiful ratio! That could be dinner. Or breakfast. Or whatever!

I wonder if I could make my own with duck fat and beef jerky...HMMM...
    My Leptin Reset Journey

imsuchaprincess is offline Junior Member
    Hello, I'm new here and am trying to find out what im doing wrong. I am not a breakfast eater and since I have been eating primal for 3 days now I'm starving a few hours after I eat and it lasts all day.anybody have this problem before?

Quote Originally Posted by imsuchaprincess View Post
    Hello, I'm new here and am trying to find out what im doing wrong. I am not a breakfast eater and since I have been eating primal for 3 days now I'm starving a few hours after I eat and it lasts all day.anybody have this problem before?
    Well, I can only tell you my experience and what has worked for me. You will have to experiment and see what works best for you.

What is your fat intake like? When I first went primal I was starving for healthy fats, so at first I would do things like eat half a jar of coconut oil, eat a jar of almond butter, or a pint of guacamole. In one sitting. This toned down after a while, but it made me feel good and calm and alert, and to this day I eat high fats. I think some Indians or Inuit had a term called "rabbit starvation" where they were able to hunt enough rabbits for protein, but were starved of fats, as rabbits are very lean.

If you're not a breakfast eater and you're not willing to become one, then you might want to play with putting a tbsp of coconut oil and/or unsalted Kerrygold butter in your morning coffee. I'm serious. Maybe start with a tsp and work your way up to a tbsp. Google "Bulletproof coffee" for more info.

Also, how many hours after you eat are you starving? When do you eat lunch and dinner? If you're having lunch at noon and dinner at 8 or 9, and you're not fat-adapted, of course you'll feel like you're starving after a few hours. Any normal person would. Most CW people I know are hungry/angry/tired by 3-4pm every day. If you do okay with almonds, carry a jar of almond butter and some apples in your purse, and when you get hungry have some apple slices dipped in almond butter. I carry around a jar of Justin's maple almond butter around with me, and I eat it with a spoon. Some people bring hard-boiled eggs with them to work.

If you're worried about calories in fat, stop. A lot of people on Paleo eat more fat than CW people do. Our nervous systems are coated in fat and our brain is made up of fats, which is why Omega-3s are so good for us. I'm sure Mark has some good posts about fats on here. You can google "fats site:marksdailyapple.com" for more info.

I eat on average 100-150g of fat and 50-80g of protein a day. And I eat less than 50g of carbs a day, most of it sauerkraut, kim chee, kale, or seasonal fruits and veggies, but I try to limit my fruit intake. Since I have eaten a Paleo/Primal way, my daily calorie intake has been as high as 3000 cals a day, with weight loss and inches loss seen the day after a high day, but I would say on average it's been around 1500-2200. My calorie intake seems to have no relation at all to weight loss since I've been Primal, so I eat when I'm hungry. My weight loss seems to be directly linked to whether or not I am eating foods that cause inflammation in MY body (grains, sugar, dairy), but you may not have an issue with these foods. Only you can say from experience.

I am a big proponent of a BAB (a Big Ass Breakfast), per the Leptin Reset. 50g of protein. Pastured eggs, Applegate Farms bacon, Aidell's sausage, or an egg-white protein shake for when I'm lazy. This works for me, so I don't really have much experience not eating breakfast except when I wasn't prepared. I have eaten a breakfast that a firefighting bodybuilding weightlifter would respect, and that my vegan ex-roommate would aspirate in horror from seeing, so yeah. I'm a big fan of breakfast. Big fan.

But you are the expert of your body, and you'll find what works for you. Surf around the boards and read other people's experience, and play around with it. I'd say if you're hungry, eat. That's your body telling you it needs nourishment to keep you alive and at your best! .

There are also Paleo for Women blogs out there that are nice to read.

Good luck!
    Last edited by kalli889; 09-05-2013 at 10:29 PM.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Couldn't sleep last night. Broke down and had coffee this AM. I think I have to stick to a strict clock schedule with my meds and not When I Wake Up then 6 Hours Later. I think it has to be 6 AM and then 12 PM, very rigid. I did better that way before. (My meds can cause insomnia, obvs)

In other news, had my morning shake with almond milk for a fat, and it was soooo goooooood! Much better than avocado! Now I'm having coffee with coconut oil and I'm feeling warm and happy, albeit very tired...

Gym or no gym? Sleepy...
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Gym. Twenty minutes of intervals on the elliptical, full body weight squats, lunges, bench press, wall sits, lat pull downs, and side bends.
    Last edited by kalli889; 09-06-2013 at 12:25 PM.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Had an 8-egg, banana, almond butter, almond milk, and cinnamon smoothie this morning! A-plus! SO FULL, but no aftertaste!

Also, I'm SUPER WARM << another LR symptom. It's 73 degrees in here and I just checked to see if the air conditioner was on. THERMOGENESIS! But also I'm calm/sleepy, and don't want to go to the gym. Boo. Oh well.
    Last edited by kalli889; 09-07-2013 at 10:36 AM.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Didn't feel the greatest after my 8-egg shake. Didn't feel sick, just tired, crabby and full. HMMM. Still, that was hours and hours ago and it's 5 and I'm not hungry. :-D.

Maybe one less egg? Maybe half a banana? Maybe no banana? Maybe less almond milk? HMMMM...
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Page 58 of 97 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast