Page 53 of 84 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment page 53

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Blurgh, can't sleep. Haven't slept well in ages since coming here. Once I do fall asleep, I'm out like a rock, so no waking up 2-3 times a night like I used to (how am I still ALIVE???), but still not able to fall asleep until 2 am every night, even with stopping coffee before noon. Tonight I went to bed at 8:30, and here it is...1:30am and I'm still awake. I think this is contributing to my bitchiness. I'm being so bitchy! People wanna gossip with me, and I think I'm stone-faced but I'm totally reading "THAT IS THE STUPIDEST STORY I HAVE EVER HEARD AND I HOPE IT IS OVER SOON SO I DON'T HAVE TO HEAR IT ANYMORE." And then I get called out for it, and then I have to apologize. And then I STILL FEEL LIKE A SUPERBITCH! And I have to be careful not to alienate everyone around me.

You know. I wonder if its the tap water. Ever since I've moved here I've been cranky as shit, and we went and bought reverse osmosis filtered water and there I'm Mary Sunshine again and then we ran out last night and now I'm the little girl from The Exorcist.

I've read that CR and IF can have negative effects on sleep. . I remember in ketosis my sleep was horrendous too. I'm not intentionally IF'ing! I'm just so full from all of those delicious fats! Having about two meals a day right now, sometimes 3, and eating breakfast first thing.

Still. WIDE AWAKE.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

F 5'9" | 32 yrs old | small frame | HW: 187 | CW: 177.2 | GW: 135

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Ugh, not being able to sleep is the worst. I hope you can sleep tonight.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Ugh, not being able to sleep is the worst. I hope you can sleep tonight.
    Me too!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

BLG
    BLG is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kalli889 View Post
    Blurgh, can't sleep. Haven't slept well in ages since coming here. Once I do fall asleep, I'm out like a rock, so no waking up 2-3 times a night like I used to (how am I still ALIVE???), but still not able to fall asleep until 2 am every night, even with stopping coffee before noon. Tonight I went to bed at 8:30, and here it is...1:30am and I'm still awake. I think this is contributing to my bitchiness. I'm being so bitchy! People wanna gossip with me, and I think I'm stone-faced but I'm totally reading "THAT IS THE STUPIDEST STORY I HAVE EVER HEARD AND I HOPE IT IS OVER SOON SO I DON'T HAVE TO HEAR IT ANYMORE." And then I get called out for it, and then I have to apologize. And then I STILL FEEL LIKE A SUPERBITCH! And I have to be careful not to alienate everyone around me.

You know. I wonder if its the tap water. Ever since I've moved here I've been cranky as shit, and we went and bought reverse osmosis filtered water and there I'm Mary Sunshine again and then we ran out last night and now I'm the little girl from The Exorcist.

I've read that CR and IF can have negative effects on sleep. . I remember in ketosis my sleep was horrendous too. I'm not intentionally IF'ing! I'm just so full from all of those delicious fats! Having about two meals a day right now, sometimes 3, and eating breakfast first thing.

Still. WIDE AWAKE.

"I'm being so bitchy!"

Hi!

I suspect it's high blood pressure causing this.

Meat is naturally salty, so a switch to a meat heavy diet, especially processed meats liked sausages, while good for the thighs, can be hard on the bp.

As Jenn says your blood pressure can change often, so I recommend getting a blood pressure monitor for home use and testing your pressure several times a day, on an empty stomach, after emptying the bladder and after resting a bit.

Reading the sodium content of the processed foods I used to eat was a real shocker to me but it only happened after I got deathly ill. I think my body finally just said NO MORE SALT and cracked.

I can't afford grass fed but was floored to learn that the raw boneless skinless chicken breast that I was buying, thinking that I was making a healthier than normal food choice, had added 'chicken broth' that raised the sodium content from like 3 mg to 12 mg per serving!

I was sick from July 2012 until February 2013, every single day I thought I was going to die. I wanted to unzip the front of my body and step out, raise a ladder inside my midsection to my eye socket and climb out because my body was failing me due to my horrible diet and sedentary lifestyle.

I was diagnosed with high blood pressure in November 2012 and I DON'T want to take pills for my bp I want to improve my health via diet and exercise, but when I don't take the bp meds I BITE PEOPLE'S HEADS OFF.

One word of caution: we do need a certain amount of salt to survive. For a time after I was diagnosed with high blood pressure my sodium intake was so low that I was having palpitations (rapid heart beats) for hours after my new part time job had me moving just extra hour on one day of the week. Like an athlete who worked out needed mineral replacement, I needed salt replacement.

I increased my salt intake and the rapid heart beat resolved itself but the GROUCHY kicked in.

I have since decided to take the bp meds while I continue to work to lose more fat, 30 pounds down, 60 to go, but I should probably also again lower the salt in my diet, just not so drastically as before.

I believe the aim is 1500 mg a day of sodium if you have high blood pressure, 2000 or 2500 mg a day for the SAD diet person who wants to weigh 200 pounds.

I would also like to say that I appreciate you and everyone else here for sharing your stories.

Thanks!

Lost an inch off my hips! 39" now, down from 43" in the spring! BOOM!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

I don't eat a meat heavy diet, I eat a fat heavy one. Most of my protein comes from eggs!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

I do have bacon every morning -- I'll check the sodium content. When I was in WA and doing NK I had to have 1/2-1 cube of bouillon every day to not faint...and I was super nice and calm. Maybe I get dehydrated here in KS more easily.

In other news, I had a fattier than normal omelette this morning AND IT ROCKED! I put one whole egg and two egg yolks in...cue angels singing! Yay! I feel great!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

My daily food:

Breakfast: Scramble with three eggs (or one egg and two yolks), qtr to half cup of bacon, qtr cup chopped onions. Side of sliced tomatoes or kimchi or an organic sprouted corn tortilla. 1-2 mugs of coffee with tbsp coconut oil and chocolate almond milk.

Then I'm generally not hungry for the rest of the day. If I do get hungry, I'll have a green smoothie, some cashews, some watermelon, or whatever I feel like! Sometimes I'll have a gluten-free pizza or chicken pot pie. But generally not hungry after breakfast.

I'm NOT CONSCIOUSLY RESTRICTING. I have restricted in the past and it makes me crazy and hungry. This makes me calm and satisfied.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

My skin is clearing up after giving up all dairy AGAIN.

Reading WOMANCODE, by holistic health coach and fellow Hopkins alum Alisa Vitti! Let's regulate these hormones!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

WaylandC is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    How does your body respond to goat milk/cheese products?

Page 53 of 84 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast