Page 43 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment page 43

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oh my god, I just invented the most amazing thing. Root beer Zevia with cream. Like a root beer float! My SIL told me that I was glowing!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

Okay, well I did not feel like I was hit by a truck today, as was feared with the new inclusion of dairy. Instead I feel pretty good! Tomorrow I should be in ketosis, and in three weeks I should be in deep ketosis. I don't even really miss or want carbs. I save them up, like a budget. I had a kombucha with chia yesterday and it was two net carbs, very light and refreshing. I had a salmon Caesar for dinner, and that was light and refreshing too. I'm averaging about two meals a day here, not because I'm trying, but because that's when I'm hungry.

Very even keel. I feel very present, grounded and happy.

I've been thinking of delicious ways to get my carbs: whipped cream with blueberries, Caesar salads, sauerkraut, half an avocado with mango salsa, pumpkin whipped cream.

My birthday is in two weeks, and I don't know what I want to do for it. Whipped creak with blueberries? Paleo ribs? A yoga class?
    My Leptin Reset Journey

I ate a packet of Applegate Farms pepperoni today. I was craving it. I think I was craving the salt. I put a few slices in the toaster oven to crisp and they were DELICIOUS!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Oh man. I was craving chocolate so I made those peanut butter chocolate fat bombs. They should only have about 5 net carbs each, but I feel kind of speedy now, so I wonder if they have more. THAT'S WHAT I GET FOR TRYING TO MAKE TREATS.

I should get a magnesium supplement. Probably just wanted magnesium. :-/

Wonder if I've delayed ketosis. I definitely want to eat them all now.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

I have that nickel-licking taste in my mouth. I was reading on a Nutritional Ketosis thread that this is a sign of ketosis! Also, I input my fat bomb recipe into MyFitnessPal and I should be fine. :-) Whew!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

My brain is so happy with this WOE. I wake up clear-headed and bright-eyed. Kinda glad I tried to do a Whole30 and got my food really clean before doing this.

ALSO. All my other measurements are the same, but I am down two inches at my waist at its narrowest point! . OVERNIGHT. 33" yesterday, 31" today! Water weight, probably, but it's always nice to see movement in the right direction. Water weight has to go before the rest of it. . And I always lose weight in this area first (I'm an apple-shape, so the narrowest part of my waist is just at the bottom of my rib cage). I remember last year I was wearing a size 4 shirt and a size 12 pant. Lets move in that direction again, I think I'm in a 12 shirt, 14 pant.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

SOOOOOO THIRSTY. So, so thirsty. Need to keep my salt levels up. The one thing that is helping with thirst is ACV in water. MMMM.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Found uncured Cowboy Bacon at the co-op. 10g of fat, 1g of ptn.

Niman Ranch spicy Italian sausages? 20g of fat, 11g of ptn.

Very different from my LR experience, where I was trying to get the most protein!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Hungry, and I've already hit my budget. Maybe I should go to bed earlier? Hmmm...

At about 1800 cals, 80/15/5, went up to 80 bc I was still hungry. Took the dog for a walk, maybe that did it. Maybe it's time for cowboy bacon and sauerkraut.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My breath smells like ammonia. It's pretty gross. I was eating some BRIE and I was like, whoa, ammonia...oh...wait. That's me. Hopefully I can drink enough water to get it to go away, or I can adapt to using the ketones rather than off-gassing them in my breath.

Looks like today is not the day to be making new friends!

On the plus side: yay, I'm in ketosis!

I think I've been low-balling my calories, aiming for about 1700/day. (I'm 5'9"). I've been looking over my food journal and it seems like I stop feeling hungry at around 2000. That actually makes more sense. I think I was using the wrong multiplier. My BMR (according to MyFitnessPal) is 1608, and if I multiply it by 1.375 (lightly active - walk the dog a few times a week), that's 2211. Decrease that by a tenth, and we have 1989 cals, or approximately 2000, where I've been feeling satiated. Been keeping my cals too low, it seems! Let's try it. Yesterday I had ~2000 cals 80/15/5 and dropped 2 inches. :-)
    Last edited by kalli889; 05-27-2013 at 09:44 PM.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Page 43 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast