Page 39 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment page 39

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Has your sister-in-law researched nutritional ketosis for both the seizures and cancer treatment? I have read that ketosis is beneficial for both ailments. A good place to start is with Dr. Attia's blog The Eating Academy | Peter Attia, M.D. The Eating Academy | Peter Attia, M.D.. Another good source is a book by Drs Phinney and Volek (available on Amazon), and Jimmy Moore's blog livinglavidalowcarb.com. Taking a more natural, diet related approach to his cancer treatment will slow the recovery down, but will also prevent it from coming back - and will consequently make it possible to stop taking the "hulk rage" pills.

I am doing a whole30 right now. I am enjoying it. On day 17.

Regarding Agave: go to Shocking! This 'Tequila' Sweetener is Far Worse than High Fructose Corn Syrup and read about why you should not use agave. Ever.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

kalli889 is online now Senior Member
    Holy crap.

Go Kaleo posted a picture of herself in tiny shorts and a jogbra and she said that technically she's overweight at 169 lbs and 5'9". She has the tiniest waist and ripped arms and legs.

So this whole weight thing really is a crock. I should get a new tape measure and go for waist measurement as opposed to weight loss. The scale can drive me crazy.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

I have given up on the scale... I still use it to see where I'm at, but it's no longer my main focus. Strength is my main focus now.

She has researched it! We'd both rather go that route. The thing is...my brother is his own person. We'll see if we can bring him around to that. Steak and eggs diet, anyone?
    My Leptin Reset Journey

RE: agave. Damn. I knew all that, and no wonder I have sugar cravings today!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Also: I gave up the whole fix-depression-with-food thing. I went back on Wellbutrin, but a lower dosage -- 300 mg rather than 400 mg. Weight loss is slower, but I'm not manic, insomniac, or overspending. All good things! Even keel. It helps me not eat everything in sight.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Progress: when a binge is a medium soy mocha and a gluten-free cookie.

That agave curled up inside my brain and had kittens. Good thing I had an avocado and some protein for lunch, or this could have been a lot worse!

Whole30 says no soy, sugar, or gluten. Tomorrow? Lets start tomorrow!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Good luck! I'm pulling for you.

Oh crap. I didn't drink all of my binge mocha yesterday BECAUSE THAT'S HOW I ROLL NOW. There was half of it left this morning and I just drank it. Booooo, no Whole30 today! Sugar and soy!

So, I slept on the couch last night. And it was great! I've been waking up with a new bite on my right wrist in the AM and I got freaked out that I might have picked up a bedbug on the public bus. Where else would it have come from? The buses here have soft upholstered seats, the perfect place to hide! Ahhh! So, I didn't get bitten last night. I'm hoping that it was a mosquito or a spider. This place is spider heaven. We went on the offensive recently and doused the place in peppermint oil and diatomaceous earth. It smelled like a candy cane, but spider sightings dropped wayyy down!

I'm thinking bacon and eggs and leftover chicken for breakfast! I got a roast chicken the other night after yoga and it was soooo delicious!

After only five days of hot yoga, I can feel my skeleton shifting back where it's supposed to be. Savasana is easier, and my shoulder blades finally lay flat and cradle my ribcage! I can see on the bottoms of my feet where my arches have begun to fall, and those areas are becoming paler and less pink as my feet get stronger and take a healthier shape.

My SIL is going on a Girls Retreat this weekend, and I'll have my brother back in town. Maybe I will stuff him full of steak and eggs so we can see how awesome this ketogenic thing can be!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Unfortunately, ketosis takes a few days of consistently low carb eating to take place. It takes me 4 days to register ketones on test strips.

Page 39 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast