Page 36 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment page 36

Comma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    hm. Because he didn't buy grassfed? It'd be a whole lot cheaper then...

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    HEY! Where are you???
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Hello all! Sorry I disappeared. A whole lot happened since I last posted. I quit my job and moved across the country, my brother got cancer, and I came up to WA to help him and his wife out with the post-op recovery phase and radiation.

Post-op stress meant EATING ALL SUGAR in sight. So I am super puffy now. I got really depressed (how do people live in the NW????) and went on my medication (the same one I hemmed and hawed about) and feel good about life again.

Time to get back on the saddle. I don't get paid until May 10, so I'm going to be easy going about Primal eating until then. But then!

I'd say I'm about 175-180 right now (again! arghhhh) and around a size 14.

I just introduced my sister-in-law to coconut oil in her coffee. She thought it would be gross, but she ended up liking it.
    ------
    Oh! I wanted to say. When I quit my job I was at 166 lbs, and a week after I was 163. From happiness. I lost weight because of happiness and stress-reduction.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

Wow, I'm so glad I found this site again, and that I started re-reading all of the success stories. Having this coffee with coconut oil feels really good to me.

So here's a crazy story.

Before I came to WA to help out with my brother I was in Costa Rica. I was planning to live there and write a few screenplays. It was GORGEOUS. I swam in the ocean every day, went to see the sun set over the ocean horizon every day, and lounged and wrote.

Then I came to Washington. My sister-in-law is celiac, but let me tell you, the house was FULL of gluten-free cookies and cakes and pies for a month and a half. I guess I ate my feelings about my brother's cancer. I also got that horrible two-week flu right after I got here, so I sat alone in my brother's house watching L&O: SVU. It's dark and grey here, and I fell into a terrible depression. I'm sure the sugar didn't help, and the lack of sun pushed it over the edge.

Oh my god, the sun. How the sun affects me. My mom told me her doctor had her on 10,000 IU of Vitamin D, so I started doing that. It helped some. I got a tanning membership for the Vitamin D, and that helped some too. I'm now more tanned than I was in Costa Rica. Then I went back on my medication and got a part-time job here, and I'm doing TONS better. Nature is beautiful again.

When radiation is done, and when I've saved up enough $$$, I'm going down to LA.

But for now! I have lots of fat and meat and eggs to eat!

Interesting note: dopamine is made from tyrosine, which comes from meat and eggs.

I'm really glad I came back here because I was flirting with old ideas, like juicing (which I do think is a purge phase of a binge-and-purge cycle -- see this article: http://jezebel.com/juice-cleanses-ar...shit-482965795) and overexercising (riding a bike to and from work...which I remember would make me hungry to the point of stupefaction every three hours).

Eating fat. Yoga. Climbing.

I saw INDECENT PROPOSAL the other day and Demi Moore had the most gorgeous figure. She had a muscular back, not a skeletal back. It was nice to see that. I want a back like that. More climbing!

So I'm in Washington until July or August. We'll see.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Just ran sprints! They felt super good. :-)

I haven't felt like moving in AAAAAAGES.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

I'm glad you're back! I missed you! Sorry to hear about your brother. I hope he beats his cancer for good.

something4me is offline Member
    Welcome back. I hope your brother heals quickly and is soon cancer-free.

Thanks! He starts a 6-week bout of radiation next Monday. Eeee!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

My brother had his first seizure yesterday. It happened at 5:30am and my sister-in-law woke me up and had me call 911. The paramedics came and took him to the hospital to do a CT scan. He's okay today, but yesterday was scary. We were at the hospital from 6am to about 1pm. The hospital had to send images of his scans up to his neurosurgeon in Seattle in case they wanted us to bring him up there.

I realize that this forum is really helpful in times of stress. I'm staying home from work today, and last night I was dreaming of going in and eating Pop Tarts. Obviously, I won't buy stuff like that, but lately if someone gives it to me or if it's around, I'll eat it. No bueno. Waiting for the 10th when I get paid to get a Costco membership and stock up on meats and fats.

DELICIOUS MEATS AND FATS.

I got a really good pedometer app, and my old trainer had me aim for 10,000 steps a day. That's like 4.6 miles. I walked the dog this morning and that was only 2 miles. (Only! Ha.) I may take him out to the nearby woodland trail, just to see what that mileage is. Then we might do that every morning. He goes out for runs sometimes in the AM with my SIL. He also just went to the vet, who said he needs to lose 6 lbs, so he could use the exercise. The vet said that 6 lbs on him was like a 20 lb weight gain for us! Oh boy.

Anyway. I'm so tired and sad. Cancer is stressful. Seizures are stressful.

Good things: People brought us jerky, nuts and coffee as snacks to the hospital while we were waiting. We felt loved. Afterwards we went out for brunch. I've been eating gluten-free bread while I've been here, and that hasn't been good for me. I'll secretly eat gluten-free chocolate chip cookies and have four slices of gluten-free toast with pesto. Even if I'm not hungry. Last night we were exhausted, and we ordered a gluten-free pizza -- so dough and cheese. But it felt good. The pizza was really good.

The house is a mess today because we were all so frazzled yesterday. After I fed the dog yesterday, I put his dry food bag in the fridge. LOL. I'm cleaning today as a coping mechanism. "When in doubt, clean." Better cleaning than hoarding! :-D
    My Leptin Reset Journey

So sorry. I hope that doesn't happen again. How scary. Hugs to you.

Page 36 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast