Page 35 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment page 35

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Man. I just adopted a kitty from an old roommate of mine. We were roommates when he got her. She is pissing up a storm, and I am so annoyed. I don't remember her doing this when he got her. She peed on my bed TWICE the first night, and now she is banned from the bed. I cleaned everything up with Nature's Miracle. Then I think she peed on the floor because IT SMELLS LIKE CAT PEE SO BAD I COULDN'T SLEEP LAST NIGHT. I got up, cleaned and mopped the floors and re-applied Nature's Miracle to the bed, and slept on the couch in the living room. I can't do this. I can't have an animal that thinks that my room is her litter box. I might give her to my cousin to be a barn cat. The annoying thing is she hasn't wet her bed, she has wet MY BED! Argh!

Here's what I'll do before I send her off to a barn: switch her food. Cats are obligate carnivores and many commercial foods are filled with stuff that a cat in the wild would never eat, LIKE GRAINS. Sound familiar, primal friends? Cats can get the DIABEETUS and kidney and urinary problems from TOO MANY CARBOHYDRATES in their diet. So if we can get her healthy with wet food, we'll do that. Otherwise, it's off to the farm for you! I think I'm more of a dog person now anyway.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    How long have you had her? She might be acting out because she's unhappy about being moved. Cats are very snarky like that.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    She could also be dealing with UTI or kidney problems and she is letting you know. Our cat used to pee in the dog dish to tell us something wasn't right.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

This woman is my height, and her start was was my start weight: No More Styrofoam Rice Crackers for Us! | Mark's Daily Apple

Hm.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

My Leptin Reset Journey

RE the cat -- yeah, I'll try seeing if changing her food and giving her a cat UTI supplement I've used before cleans up any messes. But she's on probation!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

So I've been eating cleaner and adding WAYYYYYY more greens to my diet as a result of this detox I'm doing. (Don't worry, I'm still eating delicious meat and fat!) It also address emotional and spiritual things too. As a result of the detox, I am clearing out toxic relationships, clearing out clutter, clearing out all kinds of things.

At the same time, all kinds of negative emotions are coming up -- sadness, anger, etc. And just last night I had some really dark pre-verbal memories come up.

"[T]hose who have PTSD do not store the trauma memory verbally on the left/frontal side of the brain. They dissociate more during the truama, and thereby store the information on the right/rear area. This is pre-verbal memory, where non-verbal experience is stored, and such memories in that region are primary visual, and other senses, without verbal components. Thus, Flashbacks are not easily narrated, as the memories lack narration. Those who experience their traumatic memories as mostly narrative are less prone to develop PTSD than those who experience them as experiential/sensory and store them on the right."

Source: https://www.ptsdforum.org/c/threads/...ur-ptsd.20399/

I've done enough bodywork healing to know that we can store trauma in our bodies for years. My entire posture has changed from the work I've done. I asked the nutritionist who is leading the cleanse for a referral to a healing modality to deal with this. Hopefully I'll be able to get my new eating habits to stick with it!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

I'm gonna do a Whole30 when I come back from vacation. Start date: October 5.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    It's interesting what you say (or rather quoted) about PTSD. I had a psychiatrist tell me I have PTSD, but a psychologist disagreed. Likely not since I'm able to be medication free, but the psychologically traumatic event has changed my personality from a fun loving, free willed being to an uptight, unable to fully let loose being. I hate it. I don't laugh the way I used to; I'm critical of everything; I'm negative all the time; argumentative, etc. It's not how I used to be. Hopefully, someday, the residual effects will go away and I can get back to "normal".

Enjoy your vacation. I'll be doing a pseudo-Whole30 starting October 1.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Tarable: The Cost of Doing a Whole30

HMMMM! This guy spent $200 less than usual doing a Whole30!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Page 35 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast