Page 34 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment page 34

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Here's what I think. If he wants to email me or call me and have a real conversation, he is definitely welcome to. BUT IF I FEEL PHYSICALLY ILL WHEN A PERSON CONTACTS ME, THAT IS MY BODY TELLING ME THAT I DON'T NEED TO BE IN RELATIONSHIP WITH THAT PERSON. </shouty capitals>

I am listening to my body's wisdom. The end.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds good.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Thanks. :-)
    My Leptin Reset Journey

OH MY GOD EVERYONE IS OUT OF MARROW WHAT IS HAPPENEEEEEEEEEEENG!?

US Wellness -- Out of stock on grass-fed beef marrow
    Fresh Direct -- Out of stock on grass-fed beef marrow

I'LL JUST HAVE THE CHICKEN THEN!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Because people are catching on to this honey hole we have found!

Comma is offline Senior Member
    Oh pff, for a new girlfriend? He's a tosser, forget him.

Soup recipe, please! Actually pretty please with bambi-eyes! I made your kale smoothie today and it rocks! The BABY even liked it and she never likes anything healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Comma View Post
    Oh pff, for a new girlfriend? He's a tosser, forget him.

Soup recipe, please! Actually pretty please with bambi-eyes! I made your kale smoothie today and it rocks! The BABY even liked it and she never likes anything healthy.
    Oh my god, that's AWESOME! Your baby likes it? Fantastic!

Soup recipe:

First, put a pound of marrow bones with a cup of apple cider vinegar in a crock pot. Put it at least enough water to cover the bones, or you can go crazy and fill up the pot. Cook this on low for two days. After two days, take the liquid out and cool and store in your fridge or freezer. You can save the marrow bones to use again if you want, give them to a dog, or throw out. (Unless your crock pot is super old and it's wiring is bad or your electrical wiring in your home is bad, you probably won't set your house on fire because crock pots were meant to be left on all day, you paranoid people!)

Take a bunch of this bone broth, say a big mason jar of it, and put it in your soup pot or crock pot.

Chop up some garlic and fry it in whatever oil you like.

Chop up some andouille sausage or whatever sausage you like and add it to the frying garlic. However much you like is fine. I like andouille because it will add spiciness to the soup. When this is nicely browned put it in in your soup pot/crock pot.

Take some kale or other leafy green. Frozen or fresh is fine. If fresh, cut out the center rib, and chop it all up. If frozen just put it in the pot. I like a lot.

Spice it up with whatever you want. I put a bay leaf, some fines-herbes, pepper, whatever.

For crock pots cook on low if you want it in 6-8 hours or more, cook on high if you want it in 2-4 hours.

I guess for my soup, it was totally delicious, but I wanted more kale, and something like turnips or parsnips in there too.

One thing I've learned about soups is that basically just put stuff in the pot that seems like it will go well together and they probably will. :-D
    Last edited by kalli889; 09-25-2012 at 06:35 AM.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

The soup sounds delicious. I love soup and could totally go for a mug of it right now as it is SO cold in our office.

Comma is offline Senior Member
    Thank you!! Will make asap, I still have marrow bones in the freezer.

And I too have been sorely disappointed with US Wellness- they were out of everyhting. Hey, can you eat the dog burgers? They are ground beef with organ meats, and cheaper. They don't put any crap in, do they?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm making sleep my primary focus these days. I've upended my schedule. I'm going to bed between 7pm and 8pm, and tomorrow I'll start 7pm for good. Today and yesterday I woke up at 4pm, so I'm going for 9 hours of sleep, which is a total luxury in this day and age. And city. I made a Don't-Break-The-Chain chart to keep myself on track.

I wake up at 4, drink some water, and do my morning pages and affirmations from The Artists Way for about 45 minutes. Then I do 20-40 mins of yoga. Working up to 60 mins. Then I make coffee and eat breakfast. Then I shower, get dressed and do my hair and makeup.

I feel better, and I look fabulous. And I've gotten a lot done. I'd probably be able to fit in an hour of creative writing too, if I do Jay Robb powder for breakfast again. IDEAS! PRODUCTIVITY!

What is a total miracle is a) how quickly I fall asleep, and b) how easily I wake up at 4am.
    Last edited by kalli889; 09-25-2012 at 11:53 AM.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Page 34 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast