Page 33 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment page 33

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Paleo brownies?? You can't mention them without also providing a recipe! Come on! That's just not fair! I'm picturing avocado in them somewhere...

I hope you enjoy them.
    She just gave me brownies! She didn't give me a recipe!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

ciavyn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kalli889 View Post
    She just gave me brownies! She didn't give me a recipe!
    You say this as though it is some sort of excuse! We are hunter-gatherers, woman! Hunt her down and gather her recipe! We'll wait (im)patiently here for you.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ciavyn View Post
    You say this as though it is some sort of excuse! We are hunter-gatherers, woman! Hunt her down and gather her recipe! We'll wait (im)patiently here for you.

YEAH! What she said!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Check these out! Look yummo!

Samoa Brownies | Paleo Parents

So when I was in college I had this guy friend who was like my best, best guy friend in the whole world and I told him everything. And he was part of my group of friends, and then one day, senior year, he just up and cuts off one of our mutual best girl friends. I asked him about it, and he said, "Everyone thought we were better friends than we were, including her." And I was like oh my god, I'm next! And I was. To be fair, he ditched EVERYONE in his life, including his entire fraternity, of which he was the president his senior year.

So that was eight years ago. EIGHT! YEARS! AGO!

Today he added me on LinkedIn.

A) I was pissed.
    B) I was sick to my stomach.

I knew I was hurt, but I had no idea that I was angry or felt betrayed. Well, now I know. And I was so pissed, I ate a cookie.

Now I'm super sleepy. Can you believe I spent my whole life asleep on cookies? WHOA.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

something4me is offline Member
    I hope you are feeling better today. Have you written or talked to him? It sounds like he need to work a lot of things out for himself.

Comma is offline Senior Member
    Uh, sounds like he had something bad going on. Maybe he was on meds and went off. I say give him a chance.

I copied your quiche recipe, properly cited, into my journal because it is so freaking amazing and I want easy access to it. Let me know if that's not cool! Not sure what the offical recipe etiquette is.

Nah. He got a new girlfriend and ditched all of his friends for her. I've seen it before.

In other news, I spent the whole weekend eating delicious soup made from homemade bone broth and MY PLANTAR FASCIITIS IS GONE! I made a small pot of soup on Friday night with broth, water, andouille sausage, kale, and spices, and when I had it for lunch on Saturday ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS EAT MORE SOUP! So I made a crockpot full of soup, and yesterday kept eating bowl after bowl after bowl. I had a bowl this morning. When I woke up today (at 4 am, thank you very much), I woke up with no more plantar fasciitis, and only a slight twinge in my shoulder that had been tight. Miracle of miracles! I need to buy a giant thermos for my soup. (Putting it in my Amazon cart now...)

It's my new goal to go to bed at 8am and to wake up at 4am every day. I was able to get an hour of writing in, a half hour of yoga, and I got to sit down and enjoy my breakfast, and I still had plenty of time to do my hair and makeup and just generally look fabulous.

I think next month I'll finally start going to the climbing gym. I was thinking of getting P90X, and I still might, but I really do love climbing. Oh hey, go me for getting so much personal stuff done before everyone else even got out of bed!

I talked to my brother last night, and we talked about cooking delicious things. He works at the co-op in Hippie Land, Washington State, and I am going there next weekend for his wedding. We were talking about cooking all kinds of delicious things, and he was telling me about a co-worker of his who started bringing green drink to work in mason jars. (Uh, yeah, I do that.)
    Last edited by kalli889; 09-24-2012 at 06:57 AM.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Sorry to hear about the troubles with a friend so long ago. I lived with some really good friends in college, despite the advice of everyone we knew, and it turned out badly. We stopped talking after just a few short months because our priorities in life were different. They enjoyed being up and partying, while I enjoyed going to sleep on the weekends that I had to work b/c nothing sucks worse than working a weekend than working the weekend tired and hungover. About a year ago, I decided to let bygones be bygones (sp??) and tried to contact one of them via facebook. She asked who I was b/c my name had changed (got married) and I told her. She never replied despite my apologizing for being a terrible roommate and wanting to make amends. *shrug* some people just aren't ready to move on, I guess. All that to say that I hope you'll give your old friend a chance. Chances are, he realizes the error of his ways and knows he hurt you and wants to apologize for it now.

Your soup sounds delicious. I'm cold as hell today b/c it's 46 degrees outside and because it's not October 1 yet, the AC is still on at work. I could go for a nice hot mug of soup right now. And a space heater. Definitely a space heater!

I hope you have a good Monday.

Oh, also my teeth feel stronger. I had super sensitivity about a week ago (you know when you chew something, and your whole face gets painfully zapped?) Yeah. My teeth feel stronger and there's no sensitivity. Hooray for delicious soup with bone broth!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Page 33 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast