Page 32 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment page 32

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    The reason I ask is because right now my mornings are hell.
    What time are you going to bed? The times I've kept a good bedtime, I remember actually getting angry if people messed with them, my bedtime was that important to me. If you're trying to get up at 5-5:30 am, I'd suggest getting to bed between 8pm and 9pm, and make that gospel. It's one of the things of the Leptin Reset -- sleep. I'm sure I've linked to Leptin Reset how-tos somewhere, but you can also just google it.

Another thing that gave me restful sleep was to not eat after 4pm. Like, before I started doing that, my sleep was crazy. I'd have a difficult time going to sleep, I'd wake up at least twice every night, I thought it was all normal and that I was just a lifelong insomniac and I would live and die that way. Now not eating after 4pm is pretty much par for the course for me. Usually I'm just not hungry, so much so that food looks completely uninteresting and boring. If I do eat after 4pm, bam, there I am, waking up in the middle of the night again.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

F 5'9" | 32 yrs old | small frame | HW: 187 | CW: 177.2 | GW: 135

One thing I like to help me get out the door in the mornings is FlyLady. I believe I've mentioned FlyLady before. FlyLady.net. She teaches you a gradual process of streamlining your life to make it more manageable...
    My Leptin Reset Journey

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Very well educated on the FlyLady...

The problem with not eating after 4 is that I don't get home from work to make dinner until 5:30, at the earliest... I have a two hour round trip commute. Sure, I could skip dinner, but I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old who I can hardly get to eat dinner most nights. If I skip it, they'll see I'm not eating and will refuse to eat too.

8:00 pm bedtime won't work real well with the 5:30 get home time either. I might be able to squeeze a 9:30 bedtime, but that will be impossible on the nights I have class - currently 2 nights per week. Class dismisses at 9:45. I finish school in May. Heck, my kids don't even get to bed until about 8:30. There's just not enough time to get done what needs to get done between 5:30 and 8. Dinner, baths, homework, relax, kitchen clean up, toy pick up, etc.

The good news is that as long as my kids don't wake me during the night, I can usually sleep straight through with no waking. But it's very rare that my kids will not wake - my son wakes nightly.

I usually crawl into bed at 10. I'd be thrilled to find a job closer to home, but there is very few jobs in our area that pay what our current jobs do, and those are usually filled by lifers.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Very well educated on the FlyLady...

The problem with not eating after 4 is that I don't get home from work to make dinner until 5:30, at the earliest... I have a two hour round trip commute. Sure, I could skip dinner, but I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old who I can hardly get to eat dinner most nights. If I skip it, they'll see I'm not eating and will refuse to eat too.

8:00 pm bedtime won't work real well with the 5:30 get home time either. I might be able to squeeze a 9:30 bedtime, but that will be impossible on the nights I have class - currently 2 nights per week. Class dismisses at 9:45. I finish school in May. Heck, my kids don't even get to bed until about 8:30. There's just not enough time to get done what needs to get done between 5:30 and 8. Dinner, baths, homework, relax, kitchen clean up, toy pick up, etc.

The good news is that as long as my kids don't wake me during the night, I can usually sleep straight through with no waking. But it's very rare that my kids will not wake - my son wakes nightly.

I usually crawl into bed at 10. I'd be thrilled to find a job closer to home, but there is very few jobs in our area that pay what our current jobs do, and those are usually filled by lifers.
    Can you bring your dinner to work, just like you bring your lunch? I generally bring more than one lunch, in case I get hungry. Then my eating cutoff is 4pm.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

OH MY GOD I JUST HAD A GENIUS IDEA! I could make a bunch of quiches at the beginning of the month, freeze them, and bring for lunch!

Today four separate people came over to my desk and peered at my lunch, or sent me a text asking if it was me who brought the delicious smelling lunch in the toaster oven, and if so, how could I be so cruel?

MWAHAHAHAH...
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Glad everyone is jealous of your lunch!! That's awesome!

That could theoretically be a good idea, except I'm not sure if my kids will eat dinner if they don't see both my husband and I eating. we have problems getting them to eat dinner and instead snacking all night long. We're also introducing new foods since going Primal and based on what I've read, the best way to get kids to try new foods is for them to see you eating them and see that they're yummy. I worry that my skipping dinner would be problematic in that regard.

I need to reduce my protein intake (according to Paleo for Women too much protein can cause anxiety issues as well as an insulin spike once the excess protein is converted to glucose, preventing appropriate cortisol production, so thinking about skipping lunches).

As much as I would like to embrace all of your suggestions, I really don't think the 4 pm dinner time will work as it'll create complications elsewhere. A 2 year old and 5 year old can find so many other things to do instead of eating dinner and I don't want to disrupt our system too much. You know, the whole "Well, why don't you have to eat, Mom?" If I say "I already ate", they'll use the cheese stick snack they had as an example of how they already ate too, ya know?

This would be MUCH easier if my kids weren't so young... they'd be sleeping at night (or at least self-sufficient at night) and wouldn't give a hoot if I was eating dinner with them or not. Kids... they're cute and all, but they're kind of a pain in the butt. lol

@jenn - Well, that all sounds like a lot to handle, and I salute you. I'm sure you'll find a solution that works for all involved.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

I will certainly work on the sleep thing... 8 pm won't work, but something earlier than 10 might be feasible most nights. I appreciate you telling me what you do and how well it's been working. Your journal has been very helpful.

My college roommate made paleo brownies and just dropped them off to my office. THEY ARE SO GOOD.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Paleo brownies?? You can't mention them without also providing a recipe! Come on! That's just not fair! I'm picturing avocado in them somewhere...

I hope you enjoy them.

Page 32 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast