Page 31 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment page 31

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Glad to see things are going so well. I've recently jumped on the high fat wagontrain as well and have found awesome results so far. I've lost 5 lbs since the 4th (13 days?). I haven't done inches since the end of August. Not sure if enough would have even changed to make it worth the effort.

Take care of that PF. I'd hate to see it get bad.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

kalli889 is online now Senior Member
    I put a tablespoon of gelatin and put it in water or lukewarm herbal tea, let it dissolve, and drink it down. I made herbal tea Knox Blox last night...they're still chilling in the fridge. Taking it in water is less time intensive...but your jello recipe sounds delish! Do share, please!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

Okay, so I just used SparkPeople's waist-to-hip ratio, and I have to drop my waist at BB measurement down to at least 32.8" (currently at 36"-ish) in order to not be considered an unhealthy apple.

Okay, ticker. I'm coming for you.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

I made herbal tea knox blox with my gelatin the other night...and I made with SUN TEA. (Not "30 Rock" style sun tea, tea that brews while sitting out in the sun!) It's supposedly more hydrating, because the sun causes the water to arrange its molecules into something our bodies recognize as water...and water that comes through pipes is mostly not in this arrangement. Last night I had 2 blocks before I went to bed and they were like MANNA FROM HEAVEN. Had two more this morning. So delish!

I've been reading this book called "The Social Animal", which was recommended by Ramit Sethi. It talks about the impact of culture, and how changing one's environment and culture can aid individual change. This is probably why it's so important to me to have this forum, and to have the forums for my detox (which is mostly getting me off caffeine and adding in a ton more greens and cutting out fruit) is really important -- and why probably working where I do even gave me the idea to go Paleo/Primal. I changed my culture. Now I need to change it more and more in order to get the results I want -- and this makes sense, really. If you surround yourself with people who champion the positive changes in your life, it's a lot easier to make those changes stick. :-)
    My Leptin Reset Journey

"Researchers have done a lot of work over the past few years analyzing social networks. It turns out almost everything is contagious. If your friends are obese, you are more likely to be obese. If your friends are happy, you're more likely to be happy. If your friends smoke, you smoke. If they feel lonely, you feel lonely. In fact, Nicholas Christakis and James H. Fowler have found that a person's friends have more influence on whether he or she will be obese than a person's spouse." - The Social Animal
    My Leptin Reset Journey

ciavyn is offline Senior Member
    Hm -- this is fascinating. I'm debating increasing my fat intake. Any chance of getting your recipe for that quiche? It sounds amazing.

Hey Kalli, how long have you been at this leptin reset? I am in desperate need for my cortisol to peak at the right time of day... wondering how long it took you to get everything "situated". I'd LOVE to be a morning person.

Well, I should probably start another journal, because I'm not strictly on a Leptin Reset anymore, but I'm lazy.

I still do the BAB every morning, because it helps with hunger, and I'm only eating 2 meals a day, pretty much. My bedtimes got all effed up in June and July because of my late-night class, and I haven't been rigorous about adhering to a 9pm bedtime since. I do my best. I'd say the Leptin Reset is more of a guideline than anything else. When I was rigorous about a 9pm bedtime, I popped out of bed in about 2 weeks on the Leptin Reset. This most recent popping out of bed is significant in that even if I don't want to wake up, I do, which is verrrrry different from feeling too exhausted to do anything but hit the snooze button. It means I do my hair now, and put on makeup, and look like a normal human being. It means that I can try with my looks. It's light years better than waking up 10 minutes after I'm supposed to leave.

My August was beset with money snafus, and that meant eating whatever was available during the second half of the month. Not conducive to PB lifestyling! I've also been socializing with alcohol here and there (not too much, but enough to not lose weight) so that's hampered my weight loss.

Right now the cleanse I'm on has me giving up fruit and coffee this week (COLD. DEAD. FINGERS.) so detoxing from coffee and even fruit sugars has me sad and paranoid. The woman who's leading the detox suggested grounding activities and root vegetables, so I had a sweet potato last night, and a salt bath with magnesium oil afterwards. Totally helped, but I needed a sweet potato this morning too. My detox isn't really a detox the way you would think of it (or maybe it is) it's basically going strictly clean, so for our purposes 100% primal.

I realize that I really need a strong, vigorous in-person community in order to make this stick. Thankfully my one roommate is basically Primal, with cheese. My other roommate, bless her, eats what I used to eat. I'll probably join the climbing gym or take up CrossFit, just for the community. Need more $$$ though. Always need more $$$.

Delicious Quiche Recipe:

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
    Grease a 9" cake pan with whatever delicious fat you choose. (Butter? Olive Oil?)
    Line the cake pan with prosciutto.
    Whisk 6 eggs in a bowl, add 1/2 c to 1 c of water or coconut milk, and whisk.
    Cut 2 sausages into coins. Fry.
    Chop one leek into coins. Add to the sausages.
    Chop 1 c of mushrooms or use already-chopped ones. Fry.
    Put this delicious fried mixture in the oven. Pour the eggs over it.
    Bake for about 40-45 mins.
    Guard against jealous thieves.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

The reason I ask is because right now my mornings are hell. Even when I prepare everything I need the night before, mornings are still hell because I have to get myself ready for work, get my son dressed and fed for school, and get my daughter dressed and ready for daycare (she eats breakfast at daycare... son could eat breakfast at school, but he doesn't want to because he wants to play with his friends). If I could get up in the morning and have myself ready before getting my kids up from their slumbers, I could concentrate more on focusing my son's attention to his breakfast and getting dressed instead of spending the morning rushing trying to get him dressed and fed and having it be chaotic and frustrating.

My ideal morning would be for me to get up early enough to get showered and ready (probably looking at 5 or 5:30), get my son up and dressed (ideally, 6:00), make him breakfast (ideally eggs and bacon and ready by 6:15-6:30), and be out the door by 6:45, ideally... of course, since my cortisol is all jacked up and all I want to do is hit the snooze button, it's impossible to make this ideal schedule work. And of course, if breakfast is ready and eated by 6:30 he can watch cartoons without me yelling at him to get dressed every 2 minutes as he zones out at the tube. And heck, maybe I could even eat breakfast WITH him in the morning... It would certainly beat sitting my son down with a bowl of sugar coated rice chex every morning, and I'm sure he'd approve of a different breakfast as well.

This is my ideal. And I'm sure this ideal would make my day so much calmer. Having a high stress morning is probably part of the reason my cortisol levels are so jacked... Because I can't get out of bed when I need to, so I rush around all morning long, yelling at my son to get a move on it so we aren't late, and end up late anyway... plus, I'd like to be able to get to work at 7:30 so I can either add a half hour to my lunch so I can get in a really good run and stretch or so I can cut out a half hour earlier. A half hour longer lunch will be nice when it's time to train for my next half marathon, ya know?

Anyhow, I've hijacked enough... I'm going to copy this and put in on my journal as well for other people's input.

ciavyn is offline Senior Member
    OMG -- that sounds awesome. Thank you. That is on the plate for next week's meals!

thank you for the information you've shared. I do think community can help. My BFF is really awesome because we eat the same, and my partner and I eat the same way. I'm spoiled. Have you checked out meetup.com for local groups that are into this way of eating? They had one where I used to live.

Page 31 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast