Page 30 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment page 30

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Today I woke up at 5:30 am, an hour before my alarm! Crazy! I made this quiche last night, and it is the greatest ever. I figured I could eat half of it for breakfast, and half for lunch. I used prosciutto for the crust, 6 eggs, 2 Trader Joe's chicken sausages, and leeks. IT WAS DELICIOUS. And I made roasted brussels sprouts. And had a green smoothie at breakfast. Today's food = awesome.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    An hour before? How did you NOT decide to go back to sleep? lol
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Well I paid for it today when I stayed in bed until 10 minutes before I had to leave! Bah ha ha. My brother's wedding is at the end of the month. I think that starting Saturday I'll have to put myself on an 8pm bedtime. I'm have a green smoothie a day now because...I don't like salad! But really, the green smoothies do make me feel good and make my skin look good.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

I've never had a green smoothie... partly b/c they just sound gross despite what everyone says, and partly because I don't own a blender... the last part probably being the most prominent reason... but I can't say that I'd even make or try one if I DID have a blender, so... *shrug* Someday, maybe. Enjoy your smoothies.

I'm doing this thing today, where I'm seeing how much fat I can possibly eat, and what it will do to my body. I had a tablespoon of MCT Oil in my free-trade shade-grown family farmed Arabica espresso (from TJ's - delish!) and now I don't want my breakfast quiche and I'm quite...regular. I brought another tablespoon of MCT oil, an avocado, another quarter slice of quiche and my famous sauteed brussels sprouts tossed with fried leeks and bacon ends. I put in about three-quarters of a packet of bacon ends in...I used a quarter the other day and it wasn't nearly enough bacon. I'm going to this fundraiser tonight where there will be tons of food and an open bar...so I'm going to plan to order club soda with lime. I got this. Wha bam.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Okay, this high fat thing is amazing. I just ate a quarter of quiche (whole quiche: 5-6 pcs prosciutto for crust, 6 eggs whisked with water, 2 andouille chicken sausages, leeks, mushrooms) and half an avocado AND I FEEL AMAZING. This is the best I've felt post-meal in God knows how long. Actually. There's a salumeria type place on the UWS and that's where I first had pork belly AND IT WAS THE BEST THING EVER and after I ate it I felt like I could fight a horde of angry rhinos and then run a few marathons back to back to relax.

High Fat = yes, more please.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

I am also doing higher fat and finding my mood is more elevated. Love high fat.

High fat is working out well!

Went to Baltimore on Friday to work with some music producers (fun!), and brought all my food, including lots of delicious fat and a jug of green smoothie. Both my producer and my engineer were interested in hearing about my eating habits (studio sessions for them usually including lots of Pringles and pizza...lol) so I sent my producer a link to Mark's Daily Apple. She's into it!

I had slacked off on taking gelatin, and I got plantar fasciitis when I decided that overnight I was going to become a boxer and started jumping rope for a half hour at a time. I've been hobbling around for a week, and I was reminded that I have two pounds of gelatin in the cupboard. I refilled my old empy gelatin tin (ease of dispensation) and took two tablespoons last night before bed, and one tablespoon this morning upon rising. I still have mild pain in my heel, but at least I can walk! Also dropped 2 lbs of water weight (I'd gone back up to 173-174) and now I'm 170.8 lbs. I reeeeeally want to get under 170. I signed up for a 21-day detox which is reminding me to eat my greens (or to make a green smoothie) and I can check in when I need to plan for work birthdays, etc. We're doing other things, like decluttering (oooo-ee, I was resistant to decluttering my bedroom!) and it's kind of great to address emotions, physical space, mental space, and feng shui. They're eating beans and cashews, and I'm doing without that. I woke up boiling and sweating...sweating off water weight? Or PMS temperature rise? HMMM...

Also, my teeth are feeling way stronger! I've been reading about how to heal your teeth naturally, and I'm kind of on a teeth-healing blitz. I've got marrow bones stewing at home right now. I think I'll make a yummy kale sausage soup with the broth. I need a giant ass thermos to put my soup in because I don't want to reheat my precious broth in the microwave. MICROWAVE BAD!

My scientist friend is auditing a class at NYU about vitamins and minerals and how they interact with the body, so we were texting yesterday about cod liver oil and fermented butter oil. I'd like to try fermented butter oil if I didn't react to even Kerrygold butter or cream. I wonder what it would be like to have raw dairy. I want to try it. I love eating straight cream. MMM, STRAIGHT CREAM. FOOD OF THE GODS.

Maybe I should go to New Zealand and go on a cream-eating tour. That would be great.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

I also want to say, hey, look at those numbers in my signature! This time last year I felt like all I could do was keep gaining more and more weight, and nothing I could do would stop it. I felt like the StayPuft Marshmallow Man, just growing larger and more puffier...

Now I've lost 9 lbs from my high weight. And I'm not really working out all that much. Granted, it's been a few months since I started BUT I'VE REVERSED THE TREND. I am steadily losing weight. I am moving in the other direction. THIS IS FANTASTIC. Thank you, PB and Mark's Daily Apple!

Today I have more quiche for lunch, and a side of avocado, because when I eat that I feel like I can wrestle bears. BOO-YAH!
    Last edited by kalli889; 09-17-2012 at 06:11 AM.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Tee
    Tee is offline Senior Member
    Do you just take gelatin with water? I have never heard of this. I have been always making some type of "jello" with it. ie, coconut milk, berries and hot and cold water.

Page 30 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast