Page 3 of 99 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment page 3

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    And I love your journal! I started my own leptin reset yesterday. Yesterday and today have been tough b/c despite being primal for over 60 days, I binged on chocolate and other sugars this weekend. I think it was synonymous with the Last Supper syndrome. And boy am I suffering today!

I am excited reading your journal and your progress! I'm subscribing!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    And I love your journal! I started my own leptin reset yesterday. Yesterday and today have been tough b/c despite being primal for over 60 days, I binged on chocolate and other sugars this weekend. I think it was synonymous with the Last Supper syndrome. And boy am I suffering today!

I am excited reading your journal and your progress! I'm subscribing!
    Hey! Thanks for reading! The Leptin Sensitivity symptoms are wayyy cool when they start showing up. I can't wait for all of them to be here!

Also -- about the chocolate and sugar? Shake it off like a duck. Things happen! I've learned that to be compassionate with my body is one of the best things I can do. When I cheat, I KNOW, and generally in the worst feeling way. But I just get back on that horse, because this is the best I've ever felt.
    Last edited by kalli889; 05-08-2012 at 05:51 PM.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

OMG I ran out of coconut oil and I'm starving for fat. Then I remembered that someone posting about butter tea. #winning Butter in my ginger peach white tea! I'll think I'll have one more and then off to bed.

I need to work out the whole shopping thing. I'm out of greens and waiting for my savings txfr to hit my checking so I can go grocery shopping. We have a big thing of arugula at work, so I'm good for greens at work. I just have...chives here. And brussels sprouts that probably need to be thrown out. I just went from being paid weekly to being paid once a month so planning my grocery shopping is a little strange right now. So easy to buy all the meat and fat (I think I need...it's always more) because that keeps, but greens. I have to be strategic about greens. Going to bed soon, hopefully I'll sleep better.

I need to have more wild salmon in my life. I felt SO good when that was my main source of protein besides eggs. MORE SALMON. And more fish oil. Salmon is MY happy meal.
    Last edited by kalli889; 05-08-2012 at 05:52 PM.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Is it possible for you to set some money from your grocery budget aside so you can get greens once a week? idk, just a thought. It's what i would try to do anyway. What an adjustment - weekly to monthly... ugh.

Question about your program... how many carbs are you eating each day? My aim is for fewer than 50, but I'm having trouble - seem to want to binge on fruit and coconut with heavy whipping cream each night... but it's only day 3, so I fully expect things will calm down... just curious what your approach is.

I do have greens in my budget, I just ran out because I bought an ENORMOUS thing of spinach for big-ass salads...and then something happened where I couldn't bear to look at it. Seriously, I just found it so gross. I was so grossed out by it that I threw it out. I'm having odd responses to food now. I threw out some chicken salad the other day for the same reason. So basically now I know that my greens budget goes towards kale, brussels sprouts and some tryout veggies. I don't know what it was about that spinach. It was like looking at a thing of live cockroaches, my stomach turned so bad. So, I dunno. I just had to transfer $$$ from my savings into my checking, so I'm fine now. I just have to figure out how to manage this buying groceries monthly thing.

As for carbs -- I've spent A LOT of time reading LR blogs, esp. those written by women, and it seems like you just have to pay attention to your own body. That said, I've seen a lot of women needing to INCREASE their carbs to 80-120g to avoid lethargy and depression. Everyone's different, so pay attention to your own body, and see where you a) feel best, and b) see results. I don't really track my carbs, since it's actually difficult to bring them up any amount if you're not eating fruit or grains or sugar. On days where I feel lethargic/depressed, I might have some berries (not on the LR plan, but oh well) and sometimes I've felt better AND lost weight that night. So. It might be worth your while to track what you're eating and how your feeling, and what your measurements are like the next day. I've seen a lot of people using Fitday, and I might use that to hone in on my best macros.
    Last edited by kalli889; 05-09-2012 at 12:25 PM.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

My sleep last night was better -- I only woke up once. Don't know what that's about. I'd LOVE to get to waking up only WHEN I HAVE TO GET UP FOR THE NEXT DAY. It's happened 3 magical times since I started PB. One thing about today, though. I really super did not want to get out of bed. At all. I wanted to stay there forever. :-/ Can't wait for magic sleep to happen all the time!

I'm going grocery shopping tonight and I'm EXCITED.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Quote Originally Posted by kalli889 View Post
    As for carbs -- I've spent A LOT of time reading LR blogs, esp. those written by women, and it seems like you just have to pay attention to your own body.
    What blogs do you read?

On days where I feel lethargic/depressed, I might have some berries (not on the LR plan, but oh well) and sometimes I've felt better AND lost weight that night.
    Berries are off limits during LR??? That totally sucks b/c I eat berries every night.

I've seen a lot of people using Fitday, and I might use that to hone in on my best macros.
    I use MyFitnessPal. I tried fitday but couldn't find where I go in to adjust my macros. On MFP, i can adjust my macros by 5% increments but I can't get specific with it, which bothers me. Too anal I suppose...

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    What blogs do you read?

Berries are off limits during LR??? That totally sucks b/c I eat berries every night.

I use MyFitnessPal. I tried fitday but couldn't find where I go in to adjust my macros. On MFP, i can adjust my macros by 5% increments but I can't get specific with it, which bothers me. Too anal I suppose...
    I guess what I meant by blogs are Leptin Reset Journals on this forum. Just search for "leptin reset women" or even just "women." And then read, read, read. The experience of others is so valuable.

There's no fruit on the LR (too much sugar). But again, I'm of a mind that you track your progress and adjust. I think it's worthwhile to be superstrict in the beginning, and add in, say, carbs if you're depressed/tired/not-losing-weight. Carbs in the forms of berries! Or just pay attention. I find that tracking WHAT I eat is helpful as well as tracking HOW I feel. Like today I feel aches and pains, and I remember that when I first went PB I was STARVING and I ATE A PINT OF GUACAMOLE and all of my aches and pains disappeared. Plantar fasciitis? Gone. Creaky knee? Gone. So that is telling me that I should probably turn all of the avocadoes I bought last night into LR-friendly guac. (Avocadoes, lime juice, salt.)

My boss bought a NINJA blender, so I think I'll start bringing greens for green smoothies. Our receptionist made a green smoothie this morning, and I had a sample. DELISH! I've learned I'm more of a kale girl than a spinach girl, so this is a way to get my greens that I don't have to prep the night before.

I had homework last night for class, and my study partners kept getting off-topic, and I went grocery shopping after that, so I didn't get home till 11, and I didn't get to sleep til midnight. But I woke at 6a less groggy than for the past few days. Who knows about sleep. I certainly don't. I do know that I was doing better off caffeine, but I feel like for me that's a 2-week process that can be thrown by a single late night. Bleah. Oh well, I'm the one who decided to do this, aren't I?

Breakfast: 2 chicken sausages (42 g ptn), 4 pcs bacon (8 g ptn), and 2 hardboiled eggs (12g ptn). Oh geez. 62 g ptn! I like the 2 chicken sausages, just for a quick delicious bump to my protein levels. I was reading that...who was it, maybe the PRIMAL BODY, PRIMAL MIND lady, maybe someone else, recommended 5.5 tbsp of coconut oil a day. So I had 2 in my morning tea. I'm super full. I think for me, I have to have FAT in order to feel full for any length of time. So it's nice to have a target to look for. I'll have to source that and see where I got that from.

For lunch I brought brussels sprouts with Trader Joe's bacon ends and pieces. OH MAH GAW. I love the ends and pieces. I pulled them out of their package and they were like BIG GOBS OF FAT. Even before I was PB I would bring this for lunch and it would keep me full all day. Regular bacon just doesn't have enough fat. I also brought a 6 oz. steak. So today I'm prepared. PREPARED. I have to be like a boy scout and be prepared!

The scale is up, but total net inches are down. I'm slowly edging towards never weighing myself again, and only tracking inches. When I was 130 before I was running a lot, but not climbing or lifting. My arms were slender but kind of blah. So if I have muscle on me, I probably will weigh more, even if I'm the same size as I was when I was 130. I know when I was climbing and lifting I looked like a superhero...because people told me! So I like that. Goal: look like a superhero.

New goals:

1. Medium Goal: A waist that is less than 35 inches (at BB). (A waist larger than 35" in women is a risk factor for metabolic syndrome).
    2. 20 REAL pushups w/o rest
    3. 5 pull-ups

Once I acheive my medium goal, then I'll set a new one for waist circumference. I know they say set big, sexy goals, but when you've struggled to not even LOSE weight, but even to just not put on weight, it's nice to set one that a) is probably in reach, and b) is health-based. I'm an apple shape, and that shape means I'll likely die before a pear or hourglass. So let's not do that. Let's kick ass instead.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Thanks for clarifying the blog thing.

Geesh! And I thought MY breakfast was packed with protein! You're kickin' arse with that!

Question... what is a V6?

Page 3 of 99 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast