Page 29 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment page 29

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Also, I'm now 36" at my belly button! Party time! Woot!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

something4me is offline Member
    The Krav Maga looks very interesting. Let us know how it goes.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Today my belly button is 38.5 inches! We're so similar in size! There, anyway.

I've never actually TRIED an avocado. Purchased one twice, but never tried it. I'm leery of new foods - even when people say it's absolutely the best thing they have ever eaten...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Oh no. I'm getting puffy again. Hopefully it's water weight. But it might be too many margaritas. Here's what happened. I felt like I wasn't having any fun. So I started going to parties and barbecues and dates, and having things like chips and margaritas and cupcakes. This is a recent thing, about 2 weeks. My tape measure broke a few weeks ago, so I need to buy a new one. But this morning I put on my blazer and I was like "Whoa! Fat guy in a little coat!" And I changed. I dunno. On the whole, I'm wayyy more level than I used to be. I went to the movies this weekend, bought some peanut M&Ms, ate half of them...AND THEN FORGOT THAT THEY WERE THERE. I was surprised at the end of the movie to find that I had half a bag of M&Ms left. I don't believe that has ever happened in my life. So, overall, I'm doing better. But the cupcakes (wheat, sugar) all those things, margaritas...

Where is the happy medium? Having a life that feels fun and connected to other people while also honoring my body and what it needs? Maybe I need new Paleo friends. :-/ I dunno. How are people doing this? How are people having fun and feeling connected and building community? Without margaritas and cupcakes? I probably do need more and closer friends who eat the way I do.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

something4me is offline Member
    I once heard it explained as go for the social aspect.
    If the food makes you feel bad or sick, skip it.

Well, back in the saddle again. Still holding at 172.8 lbs. Arms are puffier though. Maybe it's my giant guns...

EDIT: I just realized my signature had my previous low weight at 173.6 SO GO ME! NEW LOW WEIGHT! Now if I get off my ass and do a Whole30...

Anyway another month of learning to stretching the food budget. I actually bought $150 worth of gift cards from Trader Joe's, so that's money set aside for groceries. I can't spend it on...cute outfits.

AND there's a film I want to audition for, for a troubled teenager who becomes a boxer (yes, people do think I'm that young...especially when I get good sleep). That's actually got me focused -- that is FUN. I need this to be FUN. I've made plans to cook dinner for them...that way I control the menu AND I get to see friends. I bought a DVD player and I've started doing 20 mins of yoga in the morning -- 1/3 of a 3-part 60 minute yoga video. I'll work up to the whole hour. Last night I jumped rope for a half hour. And it was fun. And I had the energy to do it.

Budget stretching delicious breakfast:

1 patty pastured beef - 25g ptn
    4 pastured eggs - 4 x 6g = 24 g ptn
    Sauerkraut

I brought a bunch of kale, a mango, and a thumb of ginger to work to make a green smoothie, AND I brought half a roasted sweet potato, some garlic sauteed broccoli, and bacon wrapped chicken for lunch. Yesterday someone told me I better hurry and collect my lunch or someone else would...ha ha ha.

Let's get rid of this wheat belly once and for all!

We have a punching bag at work, and one of the guys has MMA gloves. I'mma borrow them and hit that bag.

Also! I now pop out of bed at 6 am pretty regularly. And I've started waking up at 5:30 so I can do yoga...and I'm actually doing it!
    Last edited by kalli889; 09-06-2012 at 09:41 AM.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Heyyyy! Guess who stepped on the scale and saw a cool 171.2 pounds this morning! THIS GIRL. Ka blam. What did I have yesterday: 2 scoops Jay Robb egg white protein for breakfast, for lunch: 1 pastured beef patty, 4 eggs, and sauerkraut, and in the afternoon I had a green smoothie (a pitcher basically, a BIG ASS SMOOTHIE) with one bunch of kale, one mango, one white peach, and a thumb of ginger. Let's go 169 pounds! This girl wants to see the other side of 170!

Also, I am so totally sore from my 20 mins of yoga in the am and from jumping rope two nights ago. SO. SORE.

It's awesome!

Oh, and my fat-guy-in-a-little-coat bolero sweater totally fits today...ka blam!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Oh, so I'm a fan of affirmations, so I made a new one for myself: I now release excess weight with complete ease and in a healthy and fun way. Self-brainwashing seems to be working!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

I love your journal. Full of insightful ideas!

Good luck with the boxing movie! I hope you get the part!

I so wish I was getting up at 6 am with no problems. I think my leptin is pretty well in the right place b/c I'm tummy-growling-hungry when the alarm goes off at 5:40, but I am still COMPLETELY unable to get out of bed for anything more than hitting the snooze button... I wish that daggum cortisol would work properly...

Oh, and I love the idea of buying gift cards for groceries! That might help me to stay within my budget... but likely not. I've even done the cash thing before, and when the cash ran out, I just used the debit card for the rest... kind of defeats the purpose b/c I'm supposed to put things back when I go over... but I don't. One problem at a time, right?

Page 29 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast