Page 28 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment page 28

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Wow! Proactive a bit there. Good job.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Jay Robb Chocolate Egg White Protein Powder is DELICIOUS! SO DELICIOUS!

Also, today I could button my size 8 "fat" jeans (hot booty jeans), but there was muffin-toppage. Not cool. More walking.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

Today I am wearing size 13 Arizonas that I haven't been able to wear for the last 6 years. I was wearing them the day I learned I was pregnant with my son, and wearing them the day I felt so bloated that I had to take them off and not wear them again. They're six year old jeans. And sadly, they're the only jeans I have that fit at this time... they'll get a lot of washer time in the next few weeks as fall approaches. I hope they don't fall apart with all the washinig.

Congrats on getting your "fat" jeans fastened. Especially since you have been stuck in a 10/12. Exciting day!

K-Mtl is offline Junior Member
    Just read your journal, Kalli. It's pretty interesting. I'm very jaleaous that you live in NY I've lived there for 4 months last year in order to do an externship. I LOVED it. Now I live in Montreal, Canada, which is also cool, but there's nothing like NY.

We share similar symptoms: can't lose the weight, bad sleep... I started the Leptin Reset in Febuary, I'm doing good but haven't lose any weight yet. Tested my hormones, and they happen to be a mess. I just discovered that I have Hashimotos, and just started medication. Dis you get tested? It could help you big time to achieve your goals faster. When one is not losing weight despite a clean diet, there's usually an hormone issue underlying. Lack of sleep = body under stress = inflammmation = very hard to lose weight because you rbody thinks it's in survival mode and hold on on everything it gets. Are you reading Dr Jack Kruse blog? Lots of precious informations over there about nutrition/circadian rythm/hormones. Really worth the time reading.

I started to take DHEA 2 months ago and now I'm sleeping like a baby. That is very new to me, I've always had a hard time to fall asleep/stay asleep and feel rested in the morning. I feel awesome. I had to cut all coffee/dairies and eggs out in order to feel better. It took me a long time to figure out about the eggs, but since I cut them out, I'm a different person! More energy and can't do so much more in a day! Now that I started thyroid med, I'm expecting to feel even better soon and see the weight come off.

I'll continue reading you, keep going girl

Soooo, I've been reading WHEATBELLY. And what really freaks me out is the neural damage that wheat can do. And it can start with things like tripping over your feet. OH MY GOD I DO THIS SOMETIMES. During the week that I was reading this, this really active athletic guy totally tripped over his own feet at work, and I was like, "Wheeeeeeaaaaaat! The wheat is getting you!" Then one of my runner friends who lives on bagels, pasta, and granola bars was talking about how in cross-country she always ran into other people because she couldn't run a straight line, she would always veer over into people. I totally want to blame it all on the wheat. WHEATBELLY is illuminating, because I didn't know that wheat had been hybridized in the 50s. I knew that we had GMO corn and soybeans, but I didn't know that wheat had changed so much and so recently. Also I didn't know that wheat's glycemic index was so high. That's crazy talk.

So anyway, my brother gets married at the end of September. Whole30 for September for me. And I'm signing up for Krav Maga, because there's a creepy dude in my neighborhood who has taken a fancy to me, and I'd like to be able to protect myself if I have to. With my golden fists of rage. Ha ha ha. And my short film is scheduled to shoot in February or March, so I have a good amount of time to get ready!

Remember that coral dress I bought, that was a 12? It's pretty loose! Losing all the weight on the top half first and my legs are getting pretty toned too. :-D
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Also, I want to note how awesome eating clean is for my stress levels. It's like my body doesn't hold as much stress. I remember I used to come home every day just bone tired and super stressed out to the max. Today my back feels a little tight, so I put my acupressure mat down to stand on while I did my makeup. It felt so good...AND IT WASN'T NEARLY AS DIFFICULT TO STAND ON because, relatively speaking, I was so relaxed compared to how I used to be! How tense was I? Amazing. But I did go all melty and relaxed even more because of it. But it's just nice to realize how far I've come.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

You are making some amazing transformations. I'm so excited for you!

I read wheat belly as my second "no grains" read. I found it to be really interesting. It made me positively scared to eat wheat again. I think I've eaten it on 2 occasions since reading Wheat Belly.

Comma is offline Senior Member
    I think it says in some book that when the gut heals, some people gain in the middle first before they lose it. So thatmust be the cause of the 12! You're doing it!

Also congrats on the short film. What does that mean, it's getting shot? By you? Somebody else?

loganchristopher is offline Junior Member
    Nice progress there and also detailed posts. I will follow you on the journey

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sometimes, I just like to eat an avocado. A whole avocado. When I first started PB, I could eat a tub of guacamole. Every nerve in my body sang with happiness at the delicious fats I was finally allowing myself. Now it's the end of the month -- I had a few $ snafus, so things have been a little tight. I'm coming the bottom of my Jay Robb bags...which don't really help with the fats department. They were filling at first, but too much protein powder and not enough bacon makes me a hungry girl. So this morning I had my two scoops of Jay Robb on my dash out the door. We have avocados at work, so I just sliced one in half, put a pinch of salt on it and...delicious.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Page 28 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast