Page 27 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment page 27

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Maybe you just have broad hips? Not that it's a bad thing... or a good thing... just maybe that's the case?? Can't change bone structure no matter how hard you try (except feet - some Asian cultures bind feet to change their shape - but I don't think binding hips works).
    Nahhh...I have tiny bird bones. Not SUPER tiny bird bones, but tiny. I was a 2/4 in pants a year and a half ago. And I still had a butt. HOW? MAGIC.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Kalli889: I just stopped in to say hello and want you to know how great your blog/diary is. Truly, you have me laughing out loud. You nearly killed me when you told your cardio roommate that you are a "lumberjack" and it's okay that you eat this way. I know exactly what you are saying --- most people just freak out at the pile of food on our plates. My husband nearly fell off his chair when he took me out for a little brunch and I ordered the steak with a full plate of veggies, and once finished, I ordered another appetizer because I was still starving.

Anyway, lost of what you write/document really resonates with me, for some reason. So keep fighting the fight and use humour to those who 'don't get it' or who don't 'get you'.

One last thought: I turned a friend at work onto Paleo about 3 weeks ago. I saw her for the first time today because she has been on holidays. I nearly dropped to the floor when I saw her --- she is 10 years younger and has a really really nice, tightened up little body. I am so happy for her. She is so thrilled and feeling so good as she is wearing clothes now that she wasn't wearing for the past 3 years. It just amazes me how a few tweaks to the 'intake' result in such galmorous output.

Keep up the great work!
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    Kalli889: I just stopped in to say hello and want you to know how great your blog/diary is. Truly, you have me laughing out loud. You nearly killed me when you told your cardio roommate that you are a "lumberjack" and it's okay that you eat this way. I know exactly what you are saying --- most people just freak out at the pile of food on our plates. My husband nearly fell off his chair when he took me out for a little brunch and I ordered the steak with a full plate of veggies, and once finished, I ordered another appetizer because I was still starving.

Anyway, lost of what you write/document really resonates with me, for some reason. So keep fighting the fight and use humour to those who 'don't get it' or who don't 'get you'.

One last thought: I turned a friend at work onto Paleo about 3 weeks ago. I saw her for the first time today because she has been on holidays. I nearly dropped to the floor when I saw her --- she is 10 years younger and has a really really nice, tightened up little body. I am so happy for her. She is so thrilled and feeling so good as she is wearing clothes now that she wasn't wearing for the past 3 years. It just amazes me how a few tweaks to the 'intake' result in such galmorous output.

Keep up the great work!

AWWWW! Thanks so much! This means so much to me!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

So now that my cycle has regulated, I can put the week before on my calendar as PMS and NOT SCHEDULE THINGS! This is genius, because I usually end up canceling all plans anyway. So now I can luxuriate in all my free time to relax and sleep. I am more tired than usual, but not really having any cramps.

I am hungrier than normal. 50g ptn at breakfast isn't cutting it. Had 75 this morning, and that felt about right. (3 Trader Joe's basil pesto sausages, 1 egg (so maybe 80ish g ptn?), and sauerkraut.) YUM. SATISFIED.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

I wonder why I like carbohydrates more when I'm PMSing. I actually feel better with higher carbohydrate intake during PMS. I want to know the science behind this. I've been feeling half-dead all morning, had two cups of coffee, nothing, had some chips and HELLO WORLD, HOW ARE YOU TODAY?

What's that all about, SCIENCE?
    My Leptin Reset Journey

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    My guess is that your body doesn't respond to caffeine the way it does to simple carbohydrate. Those chips probably produced a sugar rush with its dose of simple carbohydrate that boosted you. Sad to say, it'll probably be short lived.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

In addition to not making plans during my PMS week, I should also plan on going to bed at 7 or 8. Pulling myself out of bed in the morning is like waking the dead.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Haven't weighed myself in some time, but my legs are looking better. More tone to them. Oh! I tried Nia last night! An acquaintance of mine was teaching her first class, and she invited me to be her guest. I had a blast! It was so much fun! Nia is a kind of dance/movement class, and it is all about finding pleasure and joy in the movement...she said if it doesn't feel pleasureable don't do it, or modify it so it does. None of that "no pain, no gain" stuff, although I definitely felt it afterwards! It was really, really fun, and I'd like to do more. :-)
    My Leptin Reset Journey

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Glad you had fun. Zumba is the 'thing' around here...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So I drew up a new food plan today! And a new workout plan. And I included a food plan for PMS week, which includes sweet potatoes and raspberries. WAY TO THINK AHEAD, ME.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Page 27 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast