Page 25 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment page 25

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So this super genius who is getting her life in order accidentally made double payments on something. (I set up online recurring things a month ago, and then paid manually on payday as well.) SO THIS IS A CHALLENGE! It probably means eating lots of big ass salads with tuna over greens this month! Cry me a river. I'm glad I'm seeing it as a challenge as opposed to a hardship. Thank god I'd already bought STRAWBERRY and CHOCOLATE Jay Robb egg white protein powder for breakfast. A Neapolitan August.

Yesterday my boss bought me lunch again, and I ordered stuffed chicken...and it was stuffed with goat cheese and breaded (BREADED!), and instead of the BRAISED ESCAROLE I was promised I got... a side of rice (delicious) and a side of potatoes (also delicious). CARB CITY TO THE MAXXXX! I wanted to eat past satiety. I asked myself, "Self? Are you still hungry?" And I was all, no but this is really, really good. And I said, "That's why we don't eat it. Put the fork down and put it in the trash." And I did. And I woke up 1.3 lbs heavier. Water weight, yes (f you, dairy!), so let's go down AGAIN. I don't know if I'm up for Whole30 this month after overpayment debacle (in positive news, I am $200 closer to having a debt paid off! #winning), so we'll see. Eggs and bacon for lunch on the wknds. Still #winning.

Also, now that I have my libido back, I want to buy lots of shoes. And pretty outfits. The outfits, I get, but I was so anti-high-heel and then I tried on this pair of electric blue faux suede platform pumps. oh mah gaw. They were so pretty. I put them back on the shelf. So glad I did. But oh mah gaw. This really is like mating display, all these goo-gaws and accessories. I was happy pre-Leptin Reset wearing simple black shifts and simple black flats and simple gold jewelry. Now I'm getting my hair did and wearing all kinds of fancy things and lipstick and gosh. So this is great. Totally great. I just have to channel this energy into MAKING MORE MONEY SO I CAN BUY MORE SHOES. AND INVEST. AND SAVE FOR A CAR. AND CLASSES. ACKKKKK. Okay. But I'm just saying. For you ladies who are out there feeling less than amorous. I was one of you a very short time ago. A male model could walk by, and I'd be like, "Meh." But things have changed. Oh how they've changed.
    Last edited by kalli889; 08-02-2012 at 11:17 AM.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Depending on how the creditor is, they may refund your payment for you if you call them and explain the situation. Or they'll waive your payment for next month. I did this on a loan once. Set it up for auto payments, forgot and made a manual payment. They couldn't reverse my payment but did waive the payment due for the next month. With my car payments, they usually undo the transaction (I accidentally made the wrong payment once and they reversed it for me so I could make the right payment). It all depends on your lender... and of course whether or not you can swing the payment without defaulting elsewhere.

Jay Robb protein powders... I thought they gave you a headache? That must have gone away???
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

How interesting! I'll contact them and see.

As for the headaches -- I posted about it earlier. It wasn't from Jay Robb, it was from MCT oil -- taking too much too soon. Have to slowly increase doses.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Thanks so much! I contacted the creditor and they're reversing the charge! WHEW! I never would have thought to do that without you. YAY FRIENDS.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Awesome! Glad it worked out for you!

I must have missed the post about the headaches. My bad. I have found recently that even if I ask to see new posts on a thread, I don't always get all the new posts. I've missed posts made by people on my own journal and didn't realize it until way late at times.

Just started reading WHEATBELLY. I think it will be really helpful as far as here-and-there snacking on tidbits of wheat go. (For instance, today I had a bite of baklava.) I'll be really good for like a month, and then hello bite of wheat!

That post about the women who had success with Paleo, but lost a lot of friends was really helpful. I'm learning how to manage that -- and even having my 50 g of protein at breakfast helps overall with snacking/cheating. I should make a list of good cheats (dates? oysters? MMMM OYSTERS) But I still have my wheat belly! Let's get rid of it!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

where is this post you speak of??

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    where is this post you speak of??
    something4me posted the link on my thread a few days back: Hot Healthy Paleo Girl Reveals Secrets of 115lb Weight Loss

Wins for the weekend -- no wheat or dairy cheats. I was in line to get ice cream yesterday (it was SO HOT), and then I was like, "Self, you know what happens when you have ice cream! You'll pass out in an hour and then aaaaaaaaaaaallllllllll dayyyyyyy tomorrow you'll feel as though you've been hit by a Mack truck. You won't be able to focus, you won't be able to concentrate, you'll hardly be able to keep your eyes open, and walking upstairs will be really difficult for you." And then I was like, yeah, you're right.

In other news, it's Ramadan so some people are religiously fasting and some people at work are prepping for the Master Cleanse so they're non-religiously fasting, so there was a lot of talk of kale on Friday. So I went and bought a bunch of kale and mangoes and we had a green smoothie weekend at home, and it was fantastic.

Our living room right now is like our garage... we only just got a couch and all of our storage is in there. I moved my art stuff out of there, and hung two of my paintings in the dining room, and a framed Yoshitomo Nara postcard in the hallway. I have a GINORMOUS canvas that I gessoed over the weekend, and I'm trying to figure out what to do with it. I painted my dancing pandas on a tiny canvas, and I feel good about that. I feel more like myself when I'm painting. My work went from super realistic to pop art in the past few years. I'm ambivalent about that, but it's what my creativity wants to make, so I'll make it. It does make people happy. I have this four foot tall painting of a bear in our dining room, and it's very cartoonish, but people just light up when they see it. Very different from my movies, which are dark. My paintings and drawings used to be dark too. Maybe I'm moving into comedy? We'll see. Anyway, feeling more like myself since I'm painting.
    Last edited by kalli889; 08-06-2012 at 09:54 AM.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

I've just been told that my skin is glowing and that I look radiant. I attribute it to all of the weekend kale smoothies. YES TO GREEN SMOOTHIES!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Would you be interested in posting pics of your artwork?

Page 25 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast