Page 24 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment page 24

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    It's amazing how all of our body systems work together like that!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Okay. So I do this thing, right? Where I lose like...well in this case 4 pounds. And then I think I'm the GREATEST. I am totally the greatest, because I lost 4 pounds (never mind that before this, I gained 40). But so I lose 4 pounds, and suddenly I am the hottest thing ever, I am invincible and skinny forever and ever amen. And it's not true. Sure, I can fit into my old shirts, but not all of them. I can't come anywhere close to fitting into my old pants. Nevermind putting myself on camera. So I have to keep myself real, here. Because left to my own devices, I'd be all, "I am the evil genius of weightloss, it is like magic and I am Jeannie from I dream of Jeannie, and all I have to do is wrinkle my nose and suddenly I can have all of the margaritas and cake that I want." And it's not true. I have found that if I stay away from dairy I pretty much maintain. Anyway. I just want to say to the world, and myself, that I cannot have all the margaritas and cake that I want, and while progress is progress, I am not yet where I want to be, and I am not invincible.

Anyway. So time has still been short in the AM...but it's because I'm waking earlier and earlier and now I have time to do my hair and be pretty! So I've been using the egg protein powder and...no headaches. I'm wondering if it was actually the MCT oil, which I got and started using around the same time. Maybe I titrated up too quickly with it. So egg protein powder is not evil. I think. At least for me. Because it's been about a month now of using it off and on. I'd rather have that than toast in the morning. (Anyone else realize how unfilling CW breakfast is now? It's like...air. You may as well eat nothing.) So it goes.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

something4me is offline Member
    This is the trap I always find myself in when I'm successful on a diet. I've also had other people say things like "go ahead, you can eat this now because your thin". I would recommend making a list of all the health benefits you have gained by changing the way you eat. I hope some other people have some suggestions. Don't give in. You are doing great.

Quote Originally Posted by something4me View Post
    This is the trap I always find myself in when I'm successful on a diet. I've also had other people say things like "go ahead, you can eat this now because your thin". I would recommend making a list of all the health benefits you have gained by changing the way you eat. I hope some other people have some suggestions. Don't give in. You are doing great.
    Thanks so much for this! And the best thing ever for a big head is to go to an event with a photobooth and have your picture taken that will go on the internet and recoil in horror at how you look. Yes. Okay, so maybe not horror, maybe just getting smacked in the face with reality. Yes, my clothes fit better. Yes, all of my old bras and shirts fit better. No, my pants do not.

Here are the health benefits of my lifestyle change:
    -Better sleep. I sleep through the night now. This is such a huge deal, I can't even tell you.
    -Better skin. My skin was dull, dry, and flaky when I started. Now it is shiny and glowy.
    -I am FARRRRRRR more emotionally stable. No wild mood swings, much more even keel.
    -My focus, attention, and motivation are much greater.
    -I used to have a perma-stomachache. Now I never have stomachaches, unless I eat things that cause them!
    -I have far more energy. When I first started, I huffed and puffed to get up the stairs in my 4 floor walkup. Now it's pretty easy.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

I read a great interview with a successful paleo woman. It's kind of long, but addresses some of the issues you have been talking about. You can find it here.

Quote Originally Posted by something4me View Post
    I read a great interview with a successful paleo woman. It's kind of long, but addresses some of the issues you have been talking about. You can find it here.
    Thanks! I'll check it out. Okay, post-weekend update! I am now 172.0 lbs, I've lost an inch off my hips (FINALLY) and my waist at my belly button is now 36.75, so I've lost 0.75 inches there! Woo hoo...it's finally coming off the bottom! I did Bikram on Friday and Saturday, and on Sunday I circumnavigated Prospect Park in my Vibrams, which was great! And I'm doing it because I actually HAVE THE ENERGY. I wouldn't say that I'm the Flash by any means, but I actually have the energy to want to get up and do this stuff.

AND, I have an unrequited crush that will remain unrequited (he's taken), and my friend K. started doing Bikram when he had this crush on this girl that he couldn't have, and he was like, "Hot yoga is the best! You can't think thoughts! Or you'll fall out of a pose! It's a lifesaver!" So that was incentive to finally start using my monthly pass. I have a crush, and sometimes I don't want to think thoughts. Until I get a new crush. (Hey new crush! How ya doin? Whoever you are!) For the time being I'm also doing nice things for myself like buying myself roses. :-) And doing Bikram.

I haven't been taking MCT or putting coconut oil in my coffee, and I seem to be doing fine as far as fats go. I used to be starved for them, I used to need need need them, but I think I'm okay now. If I get a craving for them, I'll know I need them, but I'm pretty okay! And I'm losing weight! I've been taking 6 caps of OmegaBrite a day, which is the dosage for depression, and it seems to be working out all right. I may buy some duck fat on Wednesday at the farmer's market...because who doesn't love duck fat? Mmmm...duck fat. Each month is getting better and better as far as learning to ration my groceries budget. Still not perfect, but getting better and better. And it really helped that the J. Robb protein powder is my new breakfast. It's also a really easy thing to take before Bikram -- doesn't sit heavy in the tummy.

I am feeling really great about this. There was a time last winter when I felt like I was this self-inflating balloon, and there was nothing I could do to stop from gaining weight. I start my producing class on the 9th, and it's a 2-month deal. So I'll be ready to shoot in like October or November. So I'd like to be at least a size 6 by then, which is a BFD. That's basically saying, Hey Self, it's Whole30 time! Which I'm game for. I should go to MORE events where people take my picture, so I am horrified into keeping to it. Ha ha. So let's say November...3 months? A size 6 for me is about 145-150lbs. So that's a 22-27 lb weight loss. Hmmm. Overreaching? How many is that a month. That's 7-ish to 9 lbs a month. That's definitely Whole30 time. Although I did have a big weight loss last week after we had our company outing and I had margaritas, champagne and cake. Is that like a carb-refeed? Well, I'll try a Whole30 and see what happens.

Also, because I have an unrequited crush, I have ANOTHER movie idea. I love this. This is great. Keep it coming, divine inspiration. Keep it coming!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I love the Whole30. I've lost 10 lbs with each one I've done (and technically, I've only done the first 23-25 days).
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

cali798 is offline Junior Member
    "Anyone have a paraben and sulfate free shampoo that they love? I'm a curly-headed girl and everything leaves my hair either too dry or too greasy."

I might be too late in responding, but loving to read you posts! I cannot tell you how much your post has helped me feel normal! I tried this lifestyle for about 3 months, and gained maybe a pound or two, lost body fat and felt better overall. I started to get nervous that I was gaining weight and I was working so hard against conventional wisdom that I fell back into eating a sandwich here or there...then Muscli (like oatmeal) and other CW foods. I started to noticed more fat/cellulite on my legs once again and my hair/skin more dry and overall tired. I am back to trying my best again, but at least I know not everyone loses weight so fast! I just need to stick with it and concentrate on feeling better.

Shampoo I believe is all natural that I LOVE is Nature's Gate, Pomegranate sunflower shampoo and conditioner. You can buy it at Target and I have seen it at Safeway recently. Cheap too! I read labels and sometimes miss things but it is labeled as paraben and sulfate free. I cannot say enough about it.

I am still reading you posts, but just had to reply about the shampoo I love. Thanks again!

@Jenn: great job on your whole30 success!

Quote Originally Posted by cali798 View Post
    "Anyone have a paraben and sulfate free shampoo that they love? I'm a curly-headed girl and everything leaves my hair either too dry or too greasy."

I might be too late in responding, but loving to read you posts! I cannot tell you how much your post has helped me feel normal! I tried this lifestyle for about 3 months, and gained maybe a pound or two, lost body fat and felt better overall. I started to get nervous that I was gaining weight and I was working so hard against conventional wisdom that I fell back into eating a sandwich here or there...then Muscli (like oatmeal) and other CW foods. I started to noticed more fat/cellulite on my legs once again and my hair/skin more dry and overall tired. I am back to trying my best again, but at least I know not everyone loses weight so fast! I just need to stick with it and concentrate on feeling better.

Shampoo I believe is all natural that I LOVE is Nature's Gate, Pomegranate sunflower shampoo and conditioner. You can buy it at Target and I have seen it at Safeway recently. Cheap too! I read labels and sometimes miss things but it is labeled as paraben and sulfate free. I cannot say enough about it.

I am still reading you posts, but just had to reply about the shampoo I love. Thanks again!
    Oh thank you so much! I'm going to Target tonight after work to pick up vision board supplies, so I'll take a look for these rec's! Just when I need new shampoo too! Thanks!

So when I started my new job, I desired for them to pay for my lunches. Another company I was temping for around the same time bought my lunch...sooooo... this one buys lunch for the office on Friday, but my supervisor has started buying me lunch here and there, bless her heart! AND if I set aside $10 for lunches M-Th I can get really good greens and either salmon or chicken from Dishes every day for lunch so I don't have to a) grocery shop or b) cook (SO MUCH TIME SAVED), and then I can just have the Jay Robb protein powder for breakfast...and I never eat dinner anyway! (GOD BLESS THIS WOL I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD NEVER NOT NEED DINNER!!!) Then all I have to do is worry about lunch on the weekends, and that could be a super cheap breakfast for lunch with eggs and BACON...nom nom nom...working it out, working it out!

I am feeling super jazzy. Like really great. I just want y'all to know that when I started this (if you read this from the beginning, you know) that I was tired ALL THE TIME, I slept all day on the weekends, I was bloated, I slept terribly, never slept through the night, my periods were all messed up, my skin was grey, I huffed and puffed up stairs, I was foggy and couldn't concentrate on anything for long.

If I go to networking things or events after work (which is POSSIBLE NOW, hallelujah), I go for a walk in Central Park for an hour or so, just to get a walk in. I go for long walks on the weekends. I am now at a particular weight composition where my cup size is the biggest (the diff between bust and chest) so that is awesome. It will go down again soon. BUT OH WELL! PARTY WHILE WE'RE HERE! I'm feeling sassy. I started wearing lipstick again. I keep flowers at my desk to make myself feel happy. I've had to learn how to organize my finances so I have enough food for the month AND I'M LEARNING HOW AND I SET UP MY 401K AND I'M PAYING OFF MY CREDIT CARD AND CONTRIBUTING TO MY BROKERAGE ACCOUNT AND IN GENERAL I'M BEING AN ADULT! So I'm a 4/6 shirt now, and still a 12 pants (I bought Wheatbelly to read so I know why I don't cheat ever ever still reading), but I feel SUPER PRETTY AND AMAZING! Someone asked me yesterday if I had a secret boyfriend because I've been so chipper lately. Nope! Just in love with life!

So I'd like to still lose more weight, but I'm happy with myself and my progress.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Page 24 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast