Page 23 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment page 23

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    What's funny is, for me, my lower half is getting smaller faster than my upper half. My belly is still here and will NOT go away... but I've gone down two pants sizes (they're only really snug around my belly, but loose around my thighs. It's weird how different our bodies can be. You'd think it would fall off all over, like layers of an onion, rather than one half of the body, then the next.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

spinney is offline Junior Member
    Today I played on the outdoor gym (wooden apparatus situated in the meadow/woods along the canal) sprinted, walked, lifted heavy things and squated a lot. No finess or decorum I'm afraid, got a few odd looks from dog walkers as I lunged across my back field but who cares?

something4me is offline Member
    Kalli,

Do you mix the gelatin with anything besides water?

spinney is offline Junior Member
    Just wondering why my "what exersize did you do today?" post ended up here. Sorry about that

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by something4me View Post
    Kalli,

Do you mix the gelatin with anything besides water?
    Not really. Sometimes I put it in a protein shake. My roommate puts hers in her coffee. She's pale as a sheet and apparently it's supposed to be protective against sunburns.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

mark just posted about the use of gelatin. He said it was primal and listed the benefits. I believe sun protection was one of them.

Today I'm 173.6 lbs! Have to update the signature. I think I'll do a Whole30 for August, when I can get my sleep back in order. Sleep is so huge, people! I'd probably have made more progress if I wasn't up late for class two nights a week for the past 2 months. And the first two weeks of July I got NO sleep, so that threw me off course.

In total, I've lost 4 lbs. Have gone from a 12 to a 4/6 (S/M) shirt size (some smalls are too small, some mediums are too baggy), and I'm still a size 12 pants.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Check out the Whole9life.com page. They're doing an official Whole30 challenge for August. I'm not sure what the details are (other than following the Whole30) as in whether or not there's a contest or anything. It's probably on there somewhere.

pfair143 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kalli889 View Post
    Not really. Sometimes I put it in a protein shake. My roommate puts hers in her coffee. She's pale as a sheet and apparently it's supposed to be protective against sunburns.
    I am extremely pale and have always burned easily; no tan, just red and peeling. I gave up trying to tan in my teens and learned to just embrace my pale and pasty skin. On the plus side, no wrinkles or age spots.
    I went blackberry picking a few weeks ago and the night before, as I have done for almost a year, rubbed coconut oil all over myself after my shower. Added more to my face the next morning, put on a hat, grabbed a bag and off I went. I noticed the next day there was actually a faint tan on my face, arms, and upper chest where the T shirt did not cover; no redness, soreness or flaking. At last, a resemblance of a tan and I didn't even want one!

Quote Originally Posted by pfair143 View Post
    I am extremely pale and have always burned easily; no tan, just red and peeling. I gave up trying to tan in my teens and learned to just embrace my pale and pasty skin. On the plus side, no wrinkles or age spots.
    I went blackberry picking a few weeks ago and the night before, as I have done for almost a year, rubbed coconut oil all over myself after my shower. Added more to my face the next morning, put on a hat, grabbed a bag and off I went. I noticed the next day there was actually a faint tan on my face, arms, and upper chest where the T shirt did not cover; no redness, soreness or flaking. At last, a resemblance of a tan and I didn't even want one!
    That's great!

A college friend of mine moved to New Mexico a few years ago, and she used to always turn into a lobster during the summer. Now she tans! I wonder if she changed her eating...she was a vegetarian.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Page 23 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast