Page 22 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment page 22

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Something awesome has happened. Even if I dash out of the house without eating breakfast, and I am actually hungry, all sorts of CW breakfasty things at work that I might have eaten before out of desperation now are so unappealing! They may as well be rocks!

AND! I just remembered that I have leftover brussels sprouts and chicken...reheating now. MMMM...

Also, it's the week before my TOM. I have been canceling plans left and right because I am SO TIRED. But! Not as tired as usual! And! Not all over the emotional map either. Pretty even keeled. Way to go, WOL.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Good luck with the roommate thing. I had roommates once. They liked to party and we got into a fight about it once b/c my bedroom window was right off the patio and they partied on the patio. If i needed to get up early in the morning and they were partying, I'd get so mad. We had a blowup over it b/c they thought I should just close my window and I thought they should show a little respect and be quiet. Our friendship ended very shortly after that and resulted in me being in my room 24/7 and not out in the common area with everyone else. Luckily, I liked my room.

How do you prepare your brussel sprouts? I have a basket of them in my fridge I need to use up. Maybe tonight?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Good luck with the roommate thing. I had roommates once. They liked to party and we got into a fight about it once b/c my bedroom window was right off the patio and they partied on the patio. If i needed to get up early in the morning and they were partying, I'd get so mad. We had a blowup over it b/c they thought I should just close my window and I thought they should show a little respect and be quiet. Our friendship ended very shortly after that and resulted in me being in my room 24/7 and not out in the common area with everyone else. Luckily, I liked my room.

How do you prepare your brussel sprouts? I have a basket of them in my fridge I need to use up. Maybe tonight?
    Brussels sprouts: I chop of the ends and cut them in half. I toss them with olive oil and roast them at about 400 for about 20-30 minutes. Until the edges get crispy.

Work lunch today is actually catered brunch, so I had lunch for breakfast and vice versa! Nice fruit, eggs, and bacon!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

something4me is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kalli889 View Post
    I ordered 2 tubs of freshly made guacamole and they sent 4. AND...they put chemicals in it...
    Thanks for this. I sometimes buy guacamole from whole foods. I never thought to check the ingredients.

Quote Originally Posted by something4me View Post
    Thanks for this. I sometimes buy guacamole from whole foods. I never thought to check the ingredients.

Whole Foods I think is okay if you get the Whole Foods brand. I did buy some organic guacamole and I got it home and starte eating it, and I was like, "This tastes funny...". I looked at the ingredients...ORGANIC CANE SYRUP. WTF. Why is there sugar in my guacamole!? So yes. Read labels.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Okay, kittens! When I started this I wore a size 12 shirt, size 12 pants, and size 12 dress.

Today I am wearing a size 4 shirt. 4! It's a Brooks Brothers oxford from my size 4 days! And it has sleeves, AND my arms have room to breathe. They are not squeezed in like sausages.

I am now wearing size 10 dresses, and am still in size 12 pants.

Boyakasha.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

I need to go shopping for new clothes b/c all of mine are really baggy now (people at work commented) but I can't afford it just yet. It's good to lose weight and drop sizes, but my lordy is it ever expensive!!

something4me is offline Member
    Congratulations to both of you!
    That's great news!

@jenn: have you tried consignment stores or garage sales? Not perfect but a lot cheaper. There's a place near me that sells used clothes and then uses the money to provide low income people with healthcare. It's a win win for me.

I haven't checked consignment stores. Hadn't actually given them a single though, really. I was excited because I got a 30% off coupon for Kohl's and have my trusty Kohl's card, but then cringed at the thought of another credit card payment. Quite honestly, in our current budget, there is absolutely NO wiggle room, not even for consignment clothes... What I need is "hand-me-down-fat-clothes" from a friend who was my size but is now too little to wear them, that are suitable for work. lol

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Okay, so second day of wearing a size 4 shirt. It's not even overly tight. It just...fits. I HAVE BARELY WORKED OUT. EVEN THE LONG SLOW WALKS, IT'S BEEN UNCOMFORTABLY HOT OUT. I've done Tabata here and there, when I feel like it. The past 3 weeks have been awful with sleep and cheats. But it almost feel like I've done basically nothing (which isn't true) and then one day I'm wearing a size Large or a size 12 shirt and then the next day I'm in a size 4. A 4! That's a small! This time last year I was a 6-8 and wearing a size Medium or a 6/8 shirt. And feeling fat. This is fantastic. And I still haven't lost that much weight. I can't wait til the pants size starts dropping...
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Page 22 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast