Page 21 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment page 21

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Sorry you're having a rough go of it lately. I hope your sleep improves. How many nights a week is your class?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Sorry you're having a rough go of it lately. I hope your sleep improves. How many nights a week is your class?
    I have class two nights a week, and they're right in a row. So I get back late Sunday night, have to go to work early on Monday, and then have to go straight to class after work. So the lack of sleep gets doubled up. My directing teacher is doing a monologue class in August and I REALLY love working with her, but it gets out at 10pm. UGHHHHH. I have my health to think about!

AND THAT IS VERY KEY.

Anyway, oh! I made bone broth! I finally pulled my crock pot out of storage and stewed bones for two days! I put some in the freezer, and the rest is in my fridge. It got all jelly-like in the fridge, that means I did it well! I sauteed kale with it the other day and it was SOOOO tasty. I want to try to warm up just a cup of it, but then...there's something gross about that. Probably I just think there is. Anyway. I still have 2 lbs of bones in the freezer, so I can make more!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

F 5'9" | 32 yrs old | small frame | HW: 187 | CW: 177.2 | GW: 135

I am weirded by bone broth too... even though I know the stock I buy at the store is made with bones... When I made mine, I used the juices left over by the chicken that had been in the pot all day long... then I added more water, readded the bones, threw in a ton of veggies (like celery, kale, onion, and such) and boiled it for like two days. Not pleased with the flavor so I need to try again.

What did you put in yours?

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I am weirded by bone broth too... even though I know the stock I buy at the store is made with bones... When I made mine, I used the juices left over by the chicken that had been in the pot all day long... then I added more water, readded the bones, threw in a ton of veggies (like celery, kale, onion, and such) and boiled it for like two days. Not pleased with the flavor so I need to try again.

What did you put in yours?
    Just bones, water, and apple cider vinegar. I haven't had it straight yet.

Have you guys heard of olive oil fraud? A friend posted about it yesterday on FB -- apparently doctoring olive oil is pretty common: Olive Oil’s Dark Side : The New Yorker
    My Leptin Reset Journey

hmmm... I have a chicken that I plan to make broth out of later this week... will look at using this recipe.

Did you notice the second comment said that olive oil is unhealthy?? REALLY??? Get a clue, dude!

Belforte is offline Senior Member
    Jenn 26

Kale is probably not the best to add while the broth is cooking. Keep it to an onion, celery, carrots. There is a whole thread on recipes about broth.

Use apple cider vinegar and steep the bones in the vinegar and water for about an hour, the vinegar leeches the goodness into the water.

I do eat broth straight. Heat it up and with a bit of salt and pepper. I put it in a thermos and take it with me, it really is great!
    Life. Be in it.

Thanks for the suggestions, Belforte. I'll look for the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Belforte View Post
    Jenn 26

Kale is probably not the best to add while the broth is cooking. Keep it to an onion, celery, carrots. There is a whole thread on recipes about broth.

Use apple cider vinegar and steep the bones in the vinegar and water for about an hour, the vinegar leeches the goodness into the water.

I do eat broth straight. Heat it up and with a bit of salt and pepper. I put it in a thermos and take it with me, it really is great!
    Oooh, now I want to try the broth straight! Just as an experiment...

Also, I need a thermos. I would love to have it in the morning.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

I think I would like to have my own apartment. I haven't wanted that for a while, or even believed it possible. It my be awhile before that can happen, but it would be nice. I do like my roommates, but I get really annoyed when I go to bed at 9 (or even 10), and I get eye-rolling or a "Yeah, you have fun with that," sarcastic response when I say I'm going to bed. I tell myself not to take it personally, but you know what? I don't like feeling judged! I don't like when other people are disrespectful of me and my choices. THAT'S IT. It's disrespectful to roll one's eyes or to be sarcastic. I don't have to take it personally but I also don't have to expend energy talking myself into not taking it personally.

Let's talk about this new apartment. A dream apartment. I would have a beautiful kitchen, with a good stove and a good fridge/freezer all to myself. I would have a lot of light. My room would be beautiful and calming. I would have a studio to paint and work in. There would be a lot of plants. I would have a nice living room where friends could come over and visit. Maybe I would have a small dog, and/or a cat. I would have plenty of closet space. I would have a beautiful floor pillow to sit upon and meditate.

Maybe I would have a cleaning person come once a month to deep clean. This person would use earth-friendly cleaners.

I suppose I could have a clearing with the eye-roller. Say, "When you do X, I feel X." I kind of think that the eye-rolling is because she wants me to stay up and hang out with her, but when she rolls her eyes and is sarcastic then I want to spend even LESS time with her. That would be all mature of me, wouldn't it, to have a clearing. I would have to call out passive-aggression.

You know, I recently cleared something up at work with the magic powers of communication. In my acting class, my teacher often asks us why our character would stay in the room if there's obvious antagonism in the words we say from the script. Often it's something like, we want to see what the other person has to say, or we want the other character to join forces with us, so we're willing to get past a little conflict to show them what we're really about. So at work, I was like, okay, join forces with me! So we can all have a good experience! That seemed to work out. Maybe it can work at home too...
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Page 21 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast