Page 20 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment page 20

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ladies:

I have less cellulite. It's true. I've been taking 2-3 tbsp of gelatin a day for a while now - UH MAZING! It's not all gone, but it's going! Whoa!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Hey, chica. Just checking in. Glad to see things are going so well.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Hey, chica. Just checking in. Glad to see things are going so well.
    Hey! Thanks for the check-in. Had a rough weekend. Pulled all my stuff out of storage and stupidly thought I could move it all in by myself. I pay someone to carry my groceries up the stairs, I don't understand why I thought I didn't need to pay someone to haul all my stuff up the stairs. Someone burly, whose job it is to do that sort of thing. Also, books! I have SO MANY BOOKS. I forgot about them. I'm going through them to see what I want to keep and what I want to throw out. So it took forever and I got no sleep, and I got two parking tickets. But on the bright side, for one of the tickets, two beat cops okayed my spot, and when another cop gave me a ticket, I found the beat cops and they gave me their names and badge numbers and told me what to write on the ticket so I could fight it. And then they helped me unload the van. And then one asked for my number! ROFL. I was on fire this weekend. Remember how I said I had no libido for a year? I was walking around in leggings and a t-shirt, no make-up, hair up in a topknot, and all sweaty and gross. AND I GOT HIT ON LEFT AND RIGHT. I have 40 extra pounds on me, and some guy came up to me when I was paying the parking meter (see? I pay) and told me I had the perfect figure and asked if I worked out. It was amazing. 10000 pts for Leptin Reset.

Also, 1000 pts for Tabata squats, push-ups and pull-ups, without which I doubt I would have made it through the weekend. And let's also hear it for liver. I don't like cooked liver. My roommate told me that she cut it up into pill sized globs, froze them, and swallowed whenever. I was researching B vitamins to buy, and I was like, DUDE, you have a freezer full of liver. Eat it. So I did. And I moved A LOT and hardly needed to eat at all. I didn't make the best choices when I did, but cut me some slack. I got $200 worth of parking tickets and zero sleep.

On another bright side: I've done enough long slow movement and lifting of heavy things to last the month.

1. I feel really strong and tough, even if I am bull-headed. The $200+ I will pay in parking tickets could have more than paid for moving fees. My stubbornness + cheapness = expensive. Garrrr...
    2. I am on fi-yah when it comes to my libido, and I haven't really lost all that much weight. Some of it has redistributed. I pulled my clothes out of storage, and man. The "fat" clothes I owned were all size 8s. Damn! I pulled out a pair of slacks I own that are a 4, and I was like, I used to wear this? It's so tiny! I remember when an 8 looked huge. Ah me. Oh well. I did it once, and I can do it again.
    3. I had a celebratory moving-in-completely glass of gin with my roommate last night. And now I'm super hungover. SUPER. HUNGOVER. ONE DRINK. I'M POISONED. whaaaa?

My roommate K brought all of her stuff from storage too. Our apartment is getting prettier! But I'm still unpacking. My room looks like it houses a hoarder. There is a path to the bed. This gives me anxiety so I unpack and I unpack. I can't wait until everything is pretty and nice again. But it's nice to have my things. My paintings, and yes, my books. I'm not into knick-knacks anymore. NO CLUTTER. Nice clean lines. I found a headboard I want at IKEA. Will take some penny-savings to get it.

Thinking of doing a Whole30 after the 4th. Dr. Lissa Rankin wrote a blog about health and community. I find that I'm missing community after going Paleo. I can't really afford a climbing gym or a Cross-fit membership yet, so most of my community is still normies. I get lonely sometimes. Hrm.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Also:

Had my order come in from Fresh Direct. I ordered 2 tubs of freshly made guacamole and they sent 4. AND...they put chemicals in it...I saw the chems in the ingredients list, and I was like NOTED...and then I had some for breakfast and PROMPTLY WANTED TO GO BACK TO BED. I had another few bites at lunch the next day and felt sleepy again.

What's the deal, Fresh Direct? Why are you putting chemicals into your prepped foods?
    My Leptin Reset Journey

This is hysterical: A Whole 30 Timeline of What To Expect The Timeline: A Day-by-Day Guide to Your Whole30 | Whole9 | Let us change your life.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

I just started my second Whole30. I read that again this time too and was like "Who the F wants to go through this shit??" lol But, here I am. waiting for the Kill all the Things phase.

I couldn't help but laugh as I was reading your journal post about your move. And then I chuckled out loud and the gal in my office is like "what's so funny?" So I had to explain to her that you moved, got two tickets valued at over 200 bucks and got hit on by a beat cop. lol She laughed and said you should have suckered them into helping you move and I said "it says here that they helped". She laughed too.

Anyhow... I would love to see you do the Whole30 too. I think it's essentially the same as a reset b/c I noticed major changes that Dr. whatshisname said I would experience on a reset. Pretty much it's the same foods, so why not?

Good luck getting all those boxes unpacked!

I just started my second Whole30. I read that again this time too and was like "Who the F wants to go through this shit??" lol But, here I am. waiting for the Kill all the Things phase.

I couldn't help but laugh as I was reading your journal post about your move. And then I chuckled out loud and the gal in my office is like "what's so funny?" So I had to explain to her that you moved, got two tickets valued at over 200 bucks and got hit on by a beat cop. lol She laughed and said you should have suckered them into helping you move and I said "it says here that they helped". She laughed too.

Anyhow... I would love to see you do the Whole30 too. I think it's essentially the same as a reset b/c I noticed major changes that Dr. whatshisname said I would experience on a reset. Pretty much it's the same foods, so why not?

Good luck getting all those boxes unpacked!
    Thanks! I just bought IT TAKES FOOD, so I'll probably start after I finish it. I'll continue to do the LR big-ass breakfasts until then.

Also, glad to make you laugh! It sure made me laugh, about the cops. They were astonished at how many books I own, and I don't even own half as many as some of my friends do. They were like, "You have a LIBRARY! Why do you have so many books?" I guess cops, unless they're Hipster Cop (The World of Today), don't get around to reading much.

I went to an indie music festival/fundraiser thing last night and did pretty well with food (had sausage and sauerkraut and fruit), but did have drinks, and now my stomach is queasy. Oh well. Win some, lose some. It was really great to see all these amazing acts -- so much talent in this city!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

I haven't read "It Takes Food", but I'm currently reading "It Starts with Food". It's the book put out by the originators of the Whole30. I want to say they have another book, but I can't recall what it's called.

I haven't read "It Takes Food", but I'm currently reading "It Starts with Food". It's the book put out by the originators of the Whole30. I want to say they have another book, but I can't recall what it's called.
    Blargh. That's the book I mean.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You know what I would love? My own freezer. I would love my very own freezer, that I could fill with whatever I wanted. Or a fridge, even. My own fridge. Then I could fill my freezer with meat, and put one of those paint buckets of sauerkraut in the fridge part, and know I'd be fine.

Here is what I have learned: I am no spring chicken, and a sleepless night can throw me off for a week.

One bonus: My cycle is now regular, so I can track my TOM and Week'O'PMS. So now I am in the Week'O'PMS, and I am pretty chill, considering. Really chill, actually. So that's good. I'm all puffy. Water weight, PMS. Also, I've totally eaten sugar, wheat, and dairy. I had ice cream on Saturday. My excuse was that it was so hot. TOTAL ICE CREAM HANGOVER THE NEXT DAY. It's like getting hit in the face with a brick.

Still reading IT STARTS WITH FOOD. I also got THE FOUR AGREEMENTS last night, because I couldn't sleep. There was something in there about how teenagers abuse their bodies with drugs to gain acceptance by their peers, when what they really needed was self-acceptance. I think it's the same with food. I was feeling lonely and like I had no friends because I've been such a hermit, and I went to holiday barbecues and I ate foods and had drinks that aren't good for my body. And now I'm on OKCupid, and guys are asking me out for drinks, and I'm saying yes, when actually, I don't want to drink. Hrm. And actually, I'm beginning to see HOW IMPORTANT sleep as a healthy practice is for me. If I don't get sleep, once, I might be able to deal with it. If I have a week of poor sleep, hellooooo donuts. (Seriously, there is a box of munchkins here at work that are talking to me across the room. That's how I know it's bad.)

So I'm at Stress Level 7: Trying to Care.

After this, I CANNOT allow myself to take a class that ends after 8:30. CANNOT. Even if I really, really want to. I have to find an alternative. Cannot go to late movies or plays, have to go to matinees. Can't do it. Can't. I'm like a zombie, and my late class won't end until July 23rd. :-(
    Last edited by kalli889; 07-09-2012 at 06:31 AM.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Page 20 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast