Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment page 2

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    I have the energy to LHT now! But I don't have all the LS symptoms yet, so crap. LHT must wait. We have a gym at work, and I think I might start doing bicep curls once all the LS stuff shows up.

I'm also feeling flirty, which I haven't felt for a long time. Seriously, I haven't dated in a year and I've had basically no interest. It's like, "Oh. It's been a year. Meh." But now I feel all sparkly and sassy, like "Heyyyyy!" That must be my body saying, Oh! We're out of mere survival mode! BOOGIE DOWN!

So I guess that means I have more energy! I am having trouble falling asleep, and I think that's because of CAFFEINE. PRIMAL BODY, PRIMAL MIND says that coffee looks like gluten to our bodies. :-( That's probably why I love it so much. When I'm hooked, I'm like "coffee is my beeeessst frieeeend," and when I'm off it, I'm like oh, ick, get that away from me. No caffeine after 10am!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

Grrrr. I have eczema on my left arm. I haven't had eczema since I was a baby. What is this all about? Detox? HMMM. I've eaten totally clean today.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

I think I'm a happier person when bacon is a part of my morning. Something about all that fat. Nom nom nom.

TOM is hitting me like a truck. Tired, hungry. Way tired. I think I need more sleep during it. Maybe I can plan that out. But I've been trouble falling asleep and I'm so warm I don't want a hot bath. Or an ice bath. I did turn the water on super cold this morning at the end of my shower. Getting used to it. Baby steps. LOVE the ice packs at night though. Now that TOM (which used to be Time-of-the-every-few-months) is regulating with acupuncture, food, and iodine supplementation, I can actually plan to be super-pampering of myself during it. Plan relaxing things, clear out schedule, etc.

This morning I had 2 chicken sausages, 2 pcs bacon, and 2 eggs. I got these hard-boiled egg molds on Amazon, so I made a few eggs and molded them into the shape of bears and bunnies. I'm a total dork, I admit. But they're so cute, AND if I make them in advance, that's 10 minutes I save in the morning of not having to cook eggs. That helps with I wake up at 7 and I'm supposed to leave at 7:30. And cuteness. I can always use more cuteness in my life. Ok, maybe not too much cuteness, but a lot. I could use a lot.

I made brussels sprouts with bacon to bring to work SINCE WE JUST GOT A NEW TOASTER OVEN. I don't like microwaves. I don't trust them. I think they're creepy. So I'm so happy that we got a toaster oven at work! Yay! And I have tuna salad.

Remembered my fish oil and my supplements.

One weird thing that is happening is that I cannot stand the sight of spinach. Cannot. Stand. I used to be all about spinach! Spinach salad with strawberries and goat cheese! Sauteed spinach! Omelettes with spinach and mushrooms. Eggs florentine! I bought a big pack of organic baby spinach and it GIVES ME THE HEEBIES. I don't know why. I still love kale and brussels sprouts. But looking at spinach has the same effect on me as looking at a bowl of cockroaches. Isn't that weird?

Anyway, I'm no longer bloated, and my face has thinned out a little. We'll see where I'm at on MONDAY when I weigh in. I really want my sleep to resolve. I want to LHT!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Woke up late today. I'm really behind on sleep. I didn't have time to make my BAB, so I just got ready for work and ran out the door. I'm not really hungry, so maybe this is a practice IF for the real thing. Even though I'm not supposed to be IFing now, I'd rather not eat than eat crap grains at work. (I recoil at the thought of them now. I really do. I know what they do to me now.

I have steak with turkey bacon and broccoli for lunch, and brussels sprouts and bacon for dinner (afternoon tea?) if I get hungry. Which I totally have been lately...although not this morning! Light at the end of the tunnel, TOM?

My work buys us all lunch on Fridays, so I used to not bring a lunch. Then we got Hale n' Hearty soups...and let me tell you, I was starving by 2pm. So I'm glad I brought a lunch today. If I take care of the things within my control...

Also, one of the Paleo guys at work fell off the wagon, and it shows. What he does with his life and what he chooses to eat or not eat is his business, but he used to be so trim and so nice, and now he's so nice and not-so-trim. So it goes.

I've been reading PRIMAL BODY, PRIMAL MIND, and she cautions against overeating protein. I'm sort of the mind that once I am LS, then I can reduce my protein intake. But it seems to be doing it's job by subtly fixing things and making my life better. I've spent 30 years creating utter devastation in my body, I can use a little repair time. And it seems to be working. My legs are leaning out.

I've had a few TOM meltdowns, and I've been snacking on nuts and berries. But it's TOM, and I guess we'll see the results of that on Monday. Test, review, test, review.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Uhhhh, I'm in love with cultured creme fraiche. I went to brunch, or rather, TRIED to go to brunch with friends yesterday. We waited for 1.5 hrs to get sat, and then I left to go see a play, since I had blocked out 2 hrs for brunch. We were uptown, so I dashed into a fancy grocery, and saw the creme fraiche...and I was like, ah! That's it! I bought tuna salad and fruit, but was completely uninterested in the tuna salad. It's illegal to sell raw dairy in NY state, so I'd have to go to a farm to get it that way, but YUM. Cottage cheese and creme fraiche don't cause stomach upset in me like most dairy, but they may derail weight loss. I don't break out with them either. Sometimes I don't feel the best with avocados or coconut oil, but creme fraiche was amazing. I might start weighing and tracking again, just to see how the past 24 hours affect my morning weigh in.

My roommate is getting into PB, and we've talked about buying a mini-freezer and loading up on US Wellness grass fed beef. She's started eating BABs and she loves them! Fantastic.

I finished PRIMAL BODY, PRIMAL MIND and I'm interested in getting a gravity water filtration system for our apartment. I bought blackout curtains, and they were heinous, so I sent them back. (One of the perils of online shopping -- colors don't always come they way they look online.) I'll probably just buy blackout liners at Target.

I did a little yoga this morning because I want to move. I really want to start climbing.

My sleep has not resolved yet. Still iffy. The neighbors across the courtyard were watching a fight last night, and their shouting and cheering woke me up THROUGH MY EAR PLUGS. Bleah. And I woke up once more with my heart racing (probably a food thing -- maybe dairy from the creme fraiche? That would be sad) but I was able to fall directly back to sleep again.

Taking a lazy day for me. I'm saying no to whatever I can, and I'm using this time to heal. This way the time I do spend with friends is much more meaningful and special.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Okay, I weighed in and measured. I don't have my little tracking notebook with me, but I'm at 176.4 lbs. (Have to update my sig.) I was 173.2 about a week before TOM.

So, I think I'll start tracking what I'm ingesting every day, and see how that affects everything. I've started taking vitamins in a powdered drink mix, and they have fructose and powdered milk. Blech. But other than that, they're top quality vitamins. So I have a months' worth of those. Next time I'll order the pill/caplet, although with those I'd have to take them 4 times a day with food.

I am getting warm after a meal. This morning I had 6 oz steak, 4 slices of bacon, and 1 egg and black coffee. I have tuna salad for lunch. Yesterday I had the *perfect* breakfast. I had 1 chicken sausage, 4 slices of bacon, and 4 eggs. I wasn't hungry until 4. AT ALL. It was amazing. So I think 50g protein, and more fat. And animal fat seems to be pretty good.

What has happened differently that might have caused me to put on 3 lbs...well, TOM had me eating ALL day even if it was only berries and almonds and almond butter. Dairy, I've been eating cream.

So maybe switch over to basic guac (avocadoes, lime, salt -- no tomatoes and jalapenoes, as they're nightshades) and bacon for fats, with coconut oil in my coffee still. Oh yeah, coffee can look like gluten to my cells. So switch to black tea.

My sleep is still all effed up. It took me about an hour or two to fall asleep last night, and I woke up again, heart pounding, in the middle of the night. I was able to fall right back asleep again. But it would be nice to not have that. It might be the vitamins, since they're new.

I've been having the super greens drink from Trader Joe's, which I found out has soy and "natural" flavorings. So maybe I'll stop that and go for the real (expensive) deal.

Yesterday I went to Coney Island with my roommate and we did a long slow walk on the beach in the surf so a) got a loooong slow walk in, and b) got some cold thermogenesis in! It was really fun. There was hardly anyone there since it's so early in the season, and we saw fun things like 2 horseshoe crabs. We got sun in (Vitamin D3!) and CT. Points for us.

So, Leptin Reset symptoms so far:
    -Feeling wamer
    -Feeling warm after meals
    -1 day of no hunger until dinner
    -Feeling calm/sleepy

Still waiting on:
    -Weight loss
    -Easily falling asleep
    -Sleeping through the night
    -Waking refreshed before my alarm

I did some pushups against the wall last night, because I really wanted to. :-)
    My Leptin Reset Journey

My brother is getting married in late September, and I would like to be fit for that. Also, I'm an actress, and blowing up in weight has caused me to work A LOT less. Plus I just hate the way I look on film/in pictures. I don't want to do any crazy crash diets -- I want to look and feel good. I was a size 8 when my little brother got married last year, but the weight was distributed so weirdly. My face is totally skinny in those pictures and I have skinny legs and lower arms and big squishy arms and a spare tire. NOT an hourglass at all. Totally a spare tire. So maybe I'd like to be at least a size 6 by September. I'd also like to start shooting my own short films, but I don't want to put me on camera until I'm a 4...and I AM NOT crash dieting, or pushing or anything like that. Slow and steady wins the race.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

something4me is offline Member
    Sounds like you are doing great and figuring out a lot of things.
    Be gentle with yourself on the weight loss.
    I love your writing style.

Quote Originally Posted by something4me View Post
    Sounds like you are doing great and figuring out a lot of things.
    Be gentle with yourself on the weight loss.
    I love your writing style.
    Thank you so much!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I had my favorite breakfast today, although I accidentally had an extra egg. We'll see how that goes! 1 chicken sausage, 4 pcs bacon, 4 eggs (instead of 3). Ran out of sauerkraut, so need to pick some up. This breakfast is my favorite to eat, and keeps me full the longest. I'm having cold-brewed iced coffee with almond milk now. MMMM!

I purchased Sleep Cycle for my iPhone, so I can track my time spent in deep sleep and wakefulness, since I've been having issues. I woke up 3 times last night! Argh! But it's nice to see. I'm having a heart-pounding wakeup at 3:30am, which I think (according to acupuncture) is liver-related. I've read to have hot water with lemon before bed, so I'll try that. Might also try adding Dream Water (I know, I know, not totally PB but it helps me) to get a sleep rhythm. Maybe some milk thistle as a tonic for the liver. It's going through a lot of changes, I know. Poor liver is doing all it can. I have dandelion tea, so maybe more of that during the day while I'm at work. My sleep was best when I was caffeine-free, but I have to *get* sleep before I can feasibly pull that off. Vicious cycle! Still need blackout curtains. So many things to buy. Maybe I can get blacks (blackout muslin) from my film lighting friends.

A lot of the PB/Paleo people at work have Pure Energy Bands (I guess like those magnetic bracelets) and they wear them religiously, so maybe I'll get the weight loss and relaxtion/sleep ones. I wonder if magnetic bracelets are taking off because they ground us and protect us from EMF radiation. That would be a fascinating study.

Oh! And I weighed myself. I'm 176.0 lbs this morning. So down. And overall, my inches are down all over. So that's good. AND! I did Tabata last night! I figured that Tabata is a good way to get in LHT that's also quick and gentle. I got Tabata Timer for my iPhone and did some pushups on the kitchen counter right when I got home from work. I set up a Tabata schedule for myself: Mondays - Pushups, Tuesdays - Squats, Wednesdays - Planks, Thursdays - Pushups, Fridays - Lunges, Saturdays - Planks, Sundays - Wind Sprints. I'd like to get a pedometer to track my walking. Oh, gadgets! I do feel better having done my Tabata pushups. I'm a little sore. I'm not supposed to get sore with LR, am I? Maybe I'll take some arnica. Have to get arnica gel, or something, my arnica caplets are sugar pellets. Sugar is EVERYWHERE! EVERYWHERE ALL AROUND ME! GAHHH!

I need to buy more snacks (hello US Wellness pemmican?) so that if I'm grossed out by my chicken salad (or whatever new food I've brought for lunch/dinner) I can eat that instead of nuts. I think I'm going to to back to eating more salmon. Since I'm not really hungry til dinner anymore, I can probably afford to eat wild salmon more often! And it makes me feel so good!

So, LR to do list: Buy blackout drapes, buy more salmon, stock up on pemmican, replace butter with lard/tallow/duck fat, pick up more sauerkraut and bacon. BACON! Also need more coconut milk.

I want to keep my favorite breakfast PLAN, but I'd like options for switching out the sausage. Like, I'd like to try liverwurst and braunschweiger. Just try it. Don't have to love it. If it's totally gross I can give it to my Candida-diet roommate, who loves it.

I've picked up Dean Dwyer's book MAKE SHI(F)T HAPPEN, and I'm really liking it. It's more about changing your thinking, and realizing that your n=1 experiment is just that, an experiment, and you might have to go through several iterations while learning what's best for YOUR SPECIFIC BODY. Love all that stuff. Love it.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast