Page 19 of 101 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment page 19

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    This is a really interesting post on MindBodyGreen: 5 Questions That Will Transform You

1.) Why do you want to get healthy or stay healthy?

2.) What will you look like after the first 90 days?

3.) What would you want to feel like in 90 days?

4.) What will others say about you after your transformation?

5.) What do you want your legacy to be?

I'll answer these in a later post. Have to think...
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

5 Questions That Will Transform You

Okay, I've taken some time to think about this...

1.) Why do you want to get healthy or stay healthy?

I want to have the physicality, energy, stamina and focus to fulfill my potential. I want to live the life of my dreams, and to be able to handle the stress that may come with it, and not be rocked or thrown off balance. I want to have the physicality to step into any part I desire.

2.) What will you look like after the first 90 days?

After 90 days? Well, I've been doing PB for almost 90 days (that will be on July 7), so I think I should do a 90 days from July 7th. The 2nd 90 days. In my first 90 days I learned that my body likes RARE meat, cruciferous vegetables here and there, fermented vegetables, and little else. Eggs too. It likes eggs. MCT oil seems to be going well since I'm tapering up slowly. I ate carrots the other day, and they were good. Also, my body likes A LOT of sleep. (And dancing. Need more dancing.)

My body DOES NOT like: sugar, wheat, grains of any kind, most vegetables, dairy of any kind, even butter, caffeine in the afternoons, legumes, some kinds of fruit. Also, my body DOES NOT like canned meat, except for tuna. It hates canned meat. Disgusting!

So 90 days from NOW (or July 7th), I would like to be hot. I look okay, maybe even great now. I would like to look great in a one piece bathing suit for the next 90 days. Then after that, we can focus on looking great in a 2-piece. Now that I have the energy and knowledge about proper foods for MY PERSONAL body, I can fine tune to create the best results. Let's say my first 90 days were an R&D phase.

3.) What would you want to feel like in 90 days?

Well, I would say that my first 90 days of PB have been more about how I feel than how I look, and how I feel is pretty damned great. When I started I was lethargic, distractable, unmotivated, highly emotionally labile, easily fatigued, prone to bingeing, and terribly self-sabotaging. Now I have lots of energy, focus, and motivation, I don't binge (unless you call caving and eating two small pieces of chocolate when you're tired a binge), my moods are even, I have greater stamina that continues to build, and I am no longer self-sabotaging. This has been the greatest gift of PB and my Leptin Reset.

I'm also getting a better and better handle on my finances because I know I HAVE to have good, nourishing food available to me at all times, and I am the only one I can rely on to provide that for me. You know that envelope system that personal finance people used to always talk about? I would put money in the envelopes and then I would see a nice pair of shoes, and boom! There goes $100 from my food budget, but who cared, because I could eat ramen or egg sandwiches right? WRONG! Can't eat ramen or egg sandwiches, can only have the eggs! So I totally went to Staples the other day, and looked at those check wallets, so I can say "This money is for week one, this money is for week two, this money is for groceries, this money is for clothing/shoes..." I'm putting myself on an allowance. And my willpower is stronger because I've already made the decision about what to eat/what to spend. Recently I've been thinking that I need more of a social life, so I can add that to my budget and switch things around. I also need to plan out my monthly artist dates and allocate funds for those too. It's all nice to think that I'm going to take myself to the Met, but when that day rolls around and I don't have the cash...yeah right.

So 90 days from NOW, I would like to feel even more energetic and focused, have even greater stamina, and feel confident that I can accomplish what I set out to accomplish.

4.) What will others say about you after your transformation?

They will say, "Damn, she looks freaking hot! What did she do?"
    They will also say, "She has such incredible energy and drive! How is she able to accomplish all of that?"

5.) What do you want your legacy to be?

I want to use my energy and drive to create a better, safer world for women. I want to empower women to use their voices, and I want to give them stories with strong female role models that have agency, intelligence, courage, and strength. I believe that making a better world for women will make a better world for all.

Now that I have energy, focus, and stamina, I can plan for the future, complete projects that are important to me, deal with stress better, and so actually work towards the legacy I wish to achieve. Yes!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Wow. Great answers!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Salmon cakes: Tasty fresh, heinous cold/heated up.

I had three cans of canned salmon lying useless in my cupboard. Knowing that I would never eat them in their cold, canned state, I decided to make salmon cakes using the salmon and some eggs for a binder. My stepmom used to use crackers, but crackers are poison, as we all know. I ate three of them hot off the griddle for dinner last night, with mustard. They were delicious. I ate one for breakfast this morning, and now I have a brick in my stomach.

Canned salmon es no bueno.

In other news, the bruise on my right hand that was there for two months is GONE!!!! Hooray!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

hand bruises always seem to heal slowly. Not sure what the deal is with that. There's lots of blood flow to the hand, so you would think that they would clear up quickly, but they don't. That being said, I have had a bruise on my shin for a year now. I fell going down the stairs at my house once (wood deck, wood was wet, heels didn't stick) and I smacked my shin on the edge of the stair riser. It is still bruised and there is still a lump in that spot. It happened prior to June 4 last year - and I know this b/c on June 4 I ran a 20k and I could see the bruise in the pictures even though the fall had happened at least a month before the pic... funny how that works. lol

Anyhow, sorry about the salmon cakes. I've only had frozen salmon so I can't relate.

Okay. Breakdown of systems. I was so hungry after my breakfast failure. I'm still recovering from my Sunday night of not-being-able-to-fall-asleep-after-late-class. I think we can blame that on the Large McDonald's coffee that I drank at 10am. It's true. Sometimes those things are rocket fuel, and I am very sensitive. So, I'm hungry and I need energy. I had some jerky, but it didn't help.

So today I've had dairy, candy, Pirate Booty, and ginger lemon creme cookies. I have not had these things in months. I get paid on Friday, and I'll get another monthlong experiment in Providing Enough Good Food. This month was a bust. I'M LOOKING AT YOU, JAY ROBB WHEY POWDER. Thanks for killing breakfast. Thanks a lot. So, well. So today was not the best. I have rumblies in my tumbly, and they are not good, but tolerable. I feel pretty alert, more alert than I did earlier actually. I've been drinking peppermint tea, which is making my tummy feel better.

Really have to work on this food for the whole month thing. Bleah. And only getting food I like. That means I can't buy food all in one go, because what if my taste changes, as it does, or if the food I buy is intolerable to my system (most canned meats)?

I'm going to get this! You watch me!
    Last edited by kalli889; 06-27-2012 at 12:12 PM.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Okay. I had 2 scoops of Jay Robb this morning, simply because there isn't anything else. Okay, there's frozen liver in the freezer, and I forgot to defrost it. That's on me. I had my vitamins, Green Vibrance, and CorOmega, because I ran out of OmegaBrite. Yesterday though, I felt so good in the afternoon (after I started drinking peppermint tea), that I *forgot* to take my afternoon supplements. AND I WAS OKAY. HMMM. So, I guess I'll suck it up and have Jay Robb for breakfast today and tomorrow, and risk headaches rather than wheat. Rock and a hard place.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

I hope you felt ok this afternoon. I wonder what's in the Jay Robb that gives you a headache.

So...I ran out of toothpaste. So I used sea salt. MY TEETH ARE SO WHITE AND CLEAN. I don't think I'll go back to regular toothpaste. This is the best whitening toothpaste EVER.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I hope you felt ok this afternoon. I wonder what's in the Jay Robb that gives you a headache.
    Awww, thanks. A friend came in from out of town, and she took me out to dinner. It perked me right up! We went to Westville, and I had a pork chopped smothered in mushrooms and onions, with greens on the side (in some sort of DELIGHTFUL ginger dressing), and brussels sprouts in honey mustard. SOOOOO GOOOOOOD. And I went to bed at 9pm. And woke up at 6:45am feeling pretty damn good. Apparently there was a thunderstorm last night...and I slept right through it!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Page 19 of 101 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast