Page 18 of 98 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment page 18

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I told my dentist that my teeth felt loose one day and she told me I was on crack. lol

Hope they feel better soon.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    I tried doing a mayo treatment on my hair. It made me want to eat a sandwich, AND I also suspect that my hair was super dry, because the mayo didn't even seem greasy, it seemed runny. I've done an olive oil treatment on my hair before, that seemed more effective.

Teeth feel better today. I did oil pulling with coconut oil while I curled my hair this morning. (I clean up pretty when I try.) I ate some sardines when I got home for the minerals, and took some Natural Calm and let it swish around my teeth before swallowing. No nuts today. I miss them. I woke up late again (damned late classes) and I CONSIDERED making a Jay Robb shake, but I knew that I would be an angry bear if I did. So I went without breakfast (Bad! Bad Leptin Resetter!) I also get angry if I don't have breakfast. I need a personal chef. That would be nice. I need to make burgers or something -- this Jay Robb fiasco has thrown me off. $100! Down the drain! A not-insignificant dent in my monthly food budget! A GIANT DENT! A cavern! Think! Of all the grass-fed burger patties I could have bought. So I had 2% Greek Yogurt with blueberries. Blurgh. Dairy. So I'll probably puff up here again. What to do, what to do...boil eggs the night before? I'd need like, 10 eggs to make my 50g ptn.

Canned salmon. I thought about that. I should probably mix with mayo the night before -- in the AM it looks SO unappealing. Like, ugh, who wants canned fish for breakfast? Not me. But then I don't want dairy more. (Or do I?) I had some mango salsa, that went nicely over the salmon. But it's all gone now.

The OmegaBrite is having a huge impact on my focus and concentration. I get a lot more done. I think I need to get lard to cook with. OR DUCK FAT.

DUCK FAT ALL THE WAY. I love duck fat. Duck fat was given to us by god above to make us happy. There's a guy at the farmer's market who sells duck fat, and at first I thought it was way too much, but since I'm not really liking coconut oil anymore...HMMMM.

Sleep. Sleep is the golden key. I need more sleep. And food that I like to eat. And fat that I like to eat.

UPDATE:

Had 2 greek yogurts today. I now have hayfever. THANKS DAIRY. I get more and more sensitive every day.
    Last edited by kalli889; 06-20-2012 at 10:44 AM.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

Binge. I'm deficient in something. Sleep. Breakfast. (Didn't sleep well all weekend, then had 2 late classes on top of that.)

2 Greek Yogurts today. Results: sore throat, tender eyes, craving for...wheat?

1/2 turkey wrap. Ate the wrap instead of pulling it off. Results: Fogginess, tighter throat, feeling tongue begin to puff up. Craving for wheat and sugar! Haven't craved sugar in AGES! Ages! OMG. Ate small triangle cheesecake brownie thing and two shortbread cookies. This is really strange. My serotonin is probably super low. I got to sleep wayyy late Saturday night, at midnight Sunday and last night. I slept deeply when I did get to sleep, but I'm still way behind. I went to sleep at 9pm last night, I could try for 9pm or earlier tonight.

Had 2 tbsp of coconut oil in peppermint tea to counter, and took 2 extra caps of OmegaBrite, which made me feel better, but I still want sugar and wheat.

Lessons learned: Sleep and breakfast are SUPER important.

Also: Iced coffee made me crabby this morning. Drinking peppermint tea, and it feels good.
    Last edited by kalli889; 06-20-2012 at 12:31 PM.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

I usually boil 18 eggs a week and just have them on hand in the fridge for a quick breakfast. Recently, though, I've gotta bored with them and have been skipping them, but they're there in a pinch if I need them.

More dairy today. And I am super bloated from yesterday. And by super bloated, I mean I *feel* bloated, but my inches didn't go up. (Strange, and awesome, right?) Sigh. Someone give me $100 so I can buy grassfed beef patties for breakfast. Only delicious things on the menu from now on.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Can you sell your protein powder to someone? or can you return it since you're not 100% satisfied with it?

Coffee is my bad boyfriend. It winds me up and lets me go. It keeps me up at night, and exhausts me during the day. Coffee, I leave you time and again, and I always come back.

Horrible sleep, all week. Then barely functioning at work. So I turn to...coffee. And I feel exuberant, and joyful. And then angry and mean. More coffee. Happy and light. (***I just want to point at that I _do_ sleep through the night, and that my sleep issues are due to a late class, and not due to what I'm eating...so QUALITY of sleep is better, it's just thrown off from late classes and coffee consumption)

Couldn't sleep last night. Watched TIGERS OF THE SNOWS on Netflix. Tigers are so beautiful. Started watching LIMITLESS. I like it more than I thought I would. Didn't finish, but I will. Bradley Cooper can actually pull off a leading man. Who knew?

I did peel myself out of bed this morning early enough to make breakfast. I don't wash my hair every day (curly girl) and I curled and styled it 2 days ago, so every morning it looks more epic. I like that. Have to remember to do my hair a few times a week. So I can have epic hair. This morning I had a 4-egg omelette with KIM CHEE. ZOMFG SO EFFING GOOD. I've had 2 jars of kim chee just fermenting in my fridge, not being eaten. I picked up Nancy's Cage Free Eggs (but probably stuffed in a factory barn...sad...) for 3 dozen for $5 total the other day, so I am in egg heaven. And I had 4 pcs of bacon. I didn't wake up early enough to eat it at home, but early enough to cook and put it in some tupperware to eat at work, and clean up after myself. So I am in a much better place to deal with life than I was before.

I downloaded Joanne Tombrakos' IT TAKES AN EGG TIMER onto my Kindle for iPhone and started reading it this morning. It's really good! It's about CREATING time. I like that. I need to structure myself so that I can do what it is I want to do. It's good, I'm writing more, I have more ideas too. I'm taking a producing class in August so I can get more good information before I start producing my shorts. (Basically, I want to learn how to not put them on credit cards. One of my most critically successful director friends is in a zillion dollars of debt. I have another successful director friend who mostly directs commercials, so he's not in a zillion dollars of debt, rather they pay him zillions of dollars to fly around the world and shoot commercials.) But I also have 5-10 songs due to my music producer in A WEEK and I have the worst writer's block. I sit down and start writing, and I'm like, "UGH, I can't say that. That's terrible." And then I get up and watch tiger nature shows.

What would you rather do? Make copies for the rest of your life? Or music. Me too.
    Last edited by kalli889; 06-22-2012 at 06:51 AM.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Lunch today was Dos Caminos tacos. I ate the soft corn tortillas. They were delicious. I also ate plantains. Either or both of the plantains made me slightly tired. But I'm ok! Really, I'm ok. I don't want to make this a habit, and I could have had them without, and I definitely over ate. It's weird that overeating is semi-new to me. Oh well. Poor sleep. Next week will be better. I've only gone up a half inch, but I think that's water weight, and my legs look more defined and going up the 4 flights of stairs in my walk up is easier and easier. I might start coming in to work early to do an hour on the elliptical. (I have old sprains.)
    My Leptin Reset Journey

So the weekend was much better! Kim chee omelettes and bacon for breakfast, and chicken and pickled veggies for lunch. I'm experimenting with MCT oil in my coffee -- I'm getting used to it, and I rather quite like it. I even like it in ice water -- it's tasteless.

I had the most productive weekend of my life. I woke up at 9 each day, set up a Personal Kanban (A Lean Journey: Kanban for Personal Management), got out our pretty orange retro egg timer, and got to work. I am writing either a series of shorts or a feature film structured kind of like "Run, Lola, Run". I had written the first part, and then was just going to do that as a short, and people kept asking, "What happens next?" And people said, "That's the sign of a good story!" So I brainstormed and came up with FOUR more shorts, and got halfway through one this weekend. I did a lot of songwriting, and finished one whole song. AND -- I went on Long Slow Walks in Prospect Park. I set a timer for a half hour and just wandered about, and when the timer went off, I turned around. Prospect Park is HUUUUUGE. I love it. There's a lot of wildness to the greenery that is there, and big long rolling lawns too. It's pretty great. And then I broke down my short screenplay into beats, and then I had class!

I still had difficulty getting to sleep after class last night -- I don't know what that was all about. But I feel pretty good. I have clarity, energy, and resilience. I started reading DRIVEN TO DISTRACTION (about ADD). I only got a sample on my Kindle, not the whole thing, but I think I'll get the whole thing when I get paid. And I'll probably look for an ADD coach. I know that I haven't lived up to my potential. I know that people expect more of me than I am consistently able to give. I am just as disappointed as they are. I know that I seem like a really smart space cadet. I'd like to actually be able to do all of the fabulous things I have planned for myself, and to live up to all my sparkling potential.

I was thinking about the physical activities that I would like to do, and I would like to focus on ballet and rock climbing. Rock climbing has greater startup costs (shoes, gym membership, chalk, harness). I got a month to Bikram, but I'm not very motivated. I think I'm over punishing workouts. I think I'm over masochism. I guess I'll do my month of Bikram, and maybe I'll get hooked in again, but I think ballet and rock climbing are where it's at.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

I am also so over punishing workouts!! I enjoy walking over lunch and counting the wandering around after my kids as a 'workout' b/c it's movement that matters, not crazy, heart stressing workouts. Once my ribs heal, I'll be doing some lifting again, but gotta get rid of the tedonitis caused by all that coughing first.

I'm gonna check out that link. My life is way out of order and I need to correct it. Thanks!

Page 18 of 98 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast