Page 17 of 97 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment page 17

something4me is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Great post about friends and their response to what you are eating. I think it's really about respect. Good for you at standing your ground.

You are spot on about inches over pounds.

Are you still taking gelatin at night? If so, do you think it helps you sleep?

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I'm interested in the gelatin too. I picked some up from the store, poured a whole bottle of strawberry extract in it, and some strawberries and bananas and it was positively gross. How do you use it?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    I take a tablespoon or two of gelatin in the morning mixed with my green juice powder. I was taking it with my fancy vitamins, but I think the dairy eventually overrides their benefits -- I need to swap my jar. I haven't taken gelatin at night in a while, but I can start. The things that have had the biggest impact on my sleep quality: (1) no eating after 4pm, and (2) no dairy. (Even goat dairy. I know.) With those two things I have been falling asleep quickly and I HAVEN'T BEEN WAKING UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT, WHICH IS A MIRACLE OF HEAVEN. I'll try taking it before bed tonight and for the next few days and see what happens. I could stand to wake up earlier.

When I take it before bed, I just mix a tbsp in a glass of water and chug it down. I don't try to make it taste good. I just throw it down the hatch, and fast. So. Yeah.

Also, thanks everyone for your words of support! I really appreciate it, and it spurs me to keep writing about my progress! ((Hugs!))
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

Stats time!

4/8/12................6/16/12
    Waist at BB: 40".....................37.5" (-2.5)
    Waist: 32".....................30" (-2)
    Hips: 42".....................42" (0)
    Thigh: 24.5"..................22.5" (-2)
    Calf: 14.5"..................13.5" (-1)
    Chest: 34"....................32" (-2)
    Bust: 38"....................36" (-2)
    Upper Arm: 13"....................12.5" (-.5)

Lost more inches last night! 12" total if my math is correct! I'll track this more (forgot to take gelatin before bed).
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Aaaaaaand...sadness. Just ate a pint of blueberries. They made me sleepy. So I over ate some watermelon. I think this is my first overeating experience in 2.5 months! Watermelon. Ok. Well. Now I know.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

So, I didn't have gelatin last night, but I did the night before. I had caffeine late, so I got to sleep late, but I did sleep very deeply, had a lot of vivid dreams, and woke up at 9am when noon seemed much more likely. I had caffeine late again yesterday (4pm?) and it definitely made it difficult to fall asleep, but if I didn't have it I didn't know how I would have made it through my late class (5pm-9:30pm). I made it through, and I had fun, and I have class again from 6pm-10pm. I should probably go to bed early tomorrow, even though I made plans with a friend to go to a tech happy hour.

I think the headaches were DEFINITELY linked to the Jay Robb powder. I haven't had it since last week, and I had headaches for a day or two after stopping, and now I am headache-free again. Real food only, I think is the way to go. It's a pity, since I'm still having trouble waking up early. I think that's linked to the late class nights -- I'm not getting to bed at a consistent time.

The thing about having my hormones back in working order is that now I want a social life too -- which adds to late nights. I want to go out and do stuff with friends, go to shows, go to things that are happening in the city, go on dates. I got an OKCupid account and then immediately took it down. Ha ha. Okay, so maybe not quite ready to go on dates. I saw cute acupuncturist on there and I was like, "Yeah...but you're short." So I like to look now, I guess. I think I'll sublimate that into my creative work and get a whole lot done!

Oh! I SO had energy this weekend! It was crazy! I got up on Saturday morning and just started doing stuff! Instead of lounging around doing nothing. And on Sunday morning I worked on notes for a screenplay all morning. FANTASTIC. I've usually only ever been able to focus late at night. So now I can concentrate and focus better! And I have energy to work on my own projects in the mornings! I've always been a night owl, even as a baby. I bet that's connected to my diet -- I see how sensitive I am if I eat the wrong foods or eat too late. My sleep goes to pot and I stay up. I thought that's just how I was. AND! After I worked on my screenplay, I went roller skating in the park! Let me tell you, it is HARD to skate with these 15 pound things strapped to your legs, but so much fun! Good metaphor for life -- be willing to put yourself out there with the high probability that you will look like an @ss, but the payoff is A LOT OF FUN. I'm 31. On roller skates. I saw a little boy stare at them with seething envy when I came home and took them off on my stoops. Seething, boiling envy. Awesome.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

So I googled the chef who was cute and fun on the phone last week. He's really cute in pictures too, AND he's really smart. And he DJs. Bio of NYC's Portable Chef Uri Attia | Personal Chef & Catering | Natural, Organic, Delcious Meals | Home Delivery in NYC | Portable Chef

TERRIBLE CRUSH. ON A PALEO COOK. Ha ha ha, awesome.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

My Leptin Reset Journey

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I just shared that monsterous article on Facebook, of course copying and pasting the parts that I thought were most important - i.e. insulin resistances causes a fatty liver, and sugar feeds cancer. I hope someone takes it and believes it and lives it. I also posted Mark's article which was much shorter but essentially said the same stuff.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

My teeth feel weak today. Isn't that weird? I'm probably not taking in enough minerals to remineralize them. I've been aware of them for a few days, and today they feel weak. I have felt this before -- and my teeth have even been a bit loose, which is scary, especially when you're young. I got a sample of a book on my Kindle on how to remineralize teeth, and it's basically bone broths and high-mineral foods, and no sugar. So I'll go that route, and maybe switch my toothpaste. I've been using a Jason toothpaste, and I'm not thrilled about it.

How to Remineralize Teeth: http://wellnessmama.com/3650/how-to-...eth-naturally/

***Looks like I have to cut back on my daily dose of almonds. (Reduce phytic acid...)

Remineralizing Toothpaste Recipe: http://wellnessmama.com/2500/homemad...hpaste-recipe/

In other news, my @ss looks smaller. #winning.
    Last edited by kalli889; 06-19-2012 at 11:36 AM.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Page 17 of 97 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast