Page 15 of 100 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment page 15

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Dairy is a hard one to kick. I'm doing ok (12 days dairy free - well, wait... I'm sure there was dairy in the cupcakes and cookies I scarfed this weekend so never mind). Dairy is hard to kick. But if you remember why you're kicking it, it'll help you get through. Good luck!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    I had nooooo dairy today! And I feel pretty good. Although it's strange, I feel good and YET, I feel highly irritated at the same time. It's as though there is a layer of intense irritation resting lightly on my grounded good mood. So it is not like I am trying not to be irritated, but it does feel like something could set me off quickly, and I have to try not to go there.

2 scoops Jay Robb, 3 caps of Omega-Brite, 1 scoop of Green Vibrance, and my supplements for breakfast today. And three strips of bacon. For lunch I had 3 eggs, 3 strips of bacon, and sauerkraut. I think the magical-angels-dancing-in-my-mind feeling actually comes from the good bacteria of fermented foods. I was reading that our good bacteria make neurotransmitters SO THAT WOULD MAKE SENSE! So if I take my ACV and eat my sauerkraut, I can get that without the hazards of dairy. The sweet, sweet siren call of dairy. Had a handful of almonds too. Stopped taking fancy vitamins again. I think I'm going to try to get all of that goodness from Green Vibrance and organ meats. I think I feel good for a few days and then the dairy is like, ha ha, now it sucks! I also think the minute amount of powdered milk might lead to dairy cravings.

I'm getting acupuncture tonight, so hopefully that will take care of the irritability. I think that's a spleen imbalance thing? WHICH CAN COME FROM DAIRY.

Oh, dairy. What a twisted web you weave...
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

Dairy and wheat... and sugar...

So while doing the Whole30 I think I inadvertently entered into a leptin reset. I'm finding that I can't eat as much as I usually do and have this crushing desire to stop eating whereas before I would eat until I was stuffed. When I started, I would eat 4 sausage links and 2 eggs with my vitamins and copious amounts of ice tea to wash them down.

Today, 3 links and 1 egg. I feel positively full and that if I were to eat even one more bite, I'd vomit.

Not sure what the scoop is between me and sauerkraut, but all of a sudden I don't like it anymore - I mean, it still tastes good, but it upsets my stomach and just sounds repulsive. Odd, isn't it?

Enjoy your accupuncture tonight! It sounds divine!

I had acupuncture last night and it was MAGICAL! You know what was also magical? The hottie who was assisting my acupuncturist. He logged all the insertion points and pulled the needles out. He was gorgeous. If short. Gorgeous. That was pretty great. But back to acupuncture! I definitely had an edge yesterday. Very irritable, yet grounded and calm at the same time. Headaches. A little stomachache. I told my acupuncturist about all of that, she popped the needles in and I immediately felt a sense of wellbeing flowing throughout my body. Then I fell asleep into an hourlong deep nap. And then, just as suddenly I was awake, happy, and thrilled to be alive. Acupuncture is magic. I don't know how it works, but after every session, I feel like a new woman. So happy. So grounded. Maybe I should go twice a month, as opposed to once a month. Especially since there's a gorgeous hottie assistant. Me-ow.

I'm doing okay with the Jay Robb powder for breakfast. I looooooove my OmegaBrite fish oil caps. I take 6 a day. Three is the baseline dose, 4 for ADD/ADHD, and I think up to 8 for depression. I used Nordic Naturals cod liver oil, and tried CorOmega, and neither were as good as OmegaBrite. I think they're really helping me at work. And they're helping me feel grounded and calm. Brought some tuna salad for lunch. I bought some sauerkraut from FreshDirect, and it had SODIUM BENZOATE in it! A preservative! What a waste.

So, in the morning, I usually have iced coffee now that it's warmer, and I put almond milk in it. It's store bought almond milk, so YES, it's not PB, there's all kinds of other stuff in it. THIS MORNING I COULD TASTE THE OTHER STUFF AND IT GROSSED ME OUT. This is fascinating. I'm becoming really sensitive to chemicals. Probably because my senses are not dulled by severe gluten drugging. I was so grossed out, I never finished my coffee. I switched to Earl Grey tea, no sweetener, no milk or "milk". Fascinating!

I'm thinking my face looks thinner, but that could just be wishful thinking. Haven't been on the scale, still on TOM.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Jamilyn121 is offline Senior Member
    Just went through your journal today. Good stuff! Keep up the good work. You have inspired me. I may make my first acupuncture appointment today.

I have yet to find sauerkraut that doesn't have sodium benzoate in it. Even the Amish colony that makes sauerkraut here in Iowa uses sodium benzoate in theirs... if you find some without, let me know. I'm interested in trying it.

Or maybe we should make our own... lol

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Dairy and wheat... and sugar...

So while doing the Whole30 I think I inadvertently entered into a leptin reset. I'm finding that I can't eat as much as I usually do and have this crushing desire to stop eating whereas before I would eat until I was stuffed. When I started, I would eat 4 sausage links and 2 eggs with my vitamins and copious amounts of ice tea to wash them down.

Today, 3 links and 1 egg. I feel positively full and that if I were to eat even one more bite, I'd vomit.

Not sure what the scoop is between me and sauerkraut, but all of a sudden I don't like it anymore - I mean, it still tastes good, but it upsets my stomach and just sounds repulsive. Odd, isn't it?

Enjoy your accupuncture tonight! It sounds divine!
    Isn't it amazing how our tastes and appetites change? Isn't it baffling yet freeing to suddenly WANT to stop eating? To refuse food? CRAZYPANTS. Good job, Jenn!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Quote Originally Posted by Jamilyn121 View Post
    Just went through your journal today. Good stuff! Keep up the good work. You have inspired me. I may make my first acupuncture appointment today.
    Thanks for reading! Acupuncture is the best. For someone with a history of depression, it's magical to have someone stick pins in me and make me feel grounded, calm, happy and open. It's just brilliant.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So I came home tired and cranky and headache-y again. I'm thinking it's the "natural flavors" in the Jay Robb powder, so as an experiment, I had 2 4oz grass-fed burgers for breakfast this morning, 2 scoops of Green Vibrance, 3 caps of OmegaBrite, and water. I tried to have my iced coffee this morning and IT grossed me out. Miracle of miracles, I am repulsed by coffee! Without actually TRYING to go off of it!

I made 8 oz of salmon for lunch, and another 8 oz filet for tomorrow. There's arugula here at work for a BAS. Hopefully with that I will be less cranky. I think that because I've been cranky and irritable, I've been looking for reasons OUTSIDE OF MYSELF that I might be feeling that way, and I've been taking other people's behavior (co-workers, roommates) personally, when really, I might just need to not have Jay Robb protein powder. I spent like $100 on the bag! Dammit. I thought I had breakfast solved. An expensive lesson.

I am learning to take into account my energy levels, and to schedule even earlier bedtimes if I have late class or spend time with a friend who's visiting. I think before I would have just been like, "OH, that's why I'm so tired" and still go to bed between 9pm and 11pm. Two nights ago I met up with a college friend who was visiting, and got to bed pretty late. Last night I went to bed at 7:30, and I feel great! Feeling a little bloated this morning, but, oh well. Not terrible.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Page 15 of 100 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast