Page 14 of 99 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment page 14

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I hear meditation works well too.
    True.

How do people feel about almonds? I am RIDICULOUSLY tired, and even with my fancy vitamins, I am feeling super fatigued. TOM? Perhaps. I wonder how I would feel without almonds. Perhaps I'll fry up some bacon tonight for snacks tomorrow (and by snack I mean as an addition to my tiny lunch)...maybe...bacon avocado burger? MMM. YUMMY.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    I like almonds. I think they do good to help me stay awake, but they can also be easily overeaten. I learned the hard way what happens when you eat 6 servings of almonds in one day. lol
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Ok. I'm going to go with how goat milk kefir makes ME, personally, feel. And it makes me feel amazing. Yesterday, I went to my Third Place, my nail salon in the East Village and got a manicure and a massage. I love this place. I got All Greens juice with ginger, lemon, and apple at Liquiteria afterwards. I think this is my go-to destressing ritual. Mani and/or pedi at Galleria, 10 minute massage, and green juice from Liquiteria. This should be a weekly ritual. Afterwards I was waiting at the train FOREVER, and I thought, what the hell, I'll get some goat kefir.

It was divine. Absolutely divine. And I feel good this morning, too. I went to bed at 9pm and woke up at 7pm. 10 hours of sleep. I think I should schedule that in the days after I have late class. Bedtime at 8pm, so I at least have time to do my makeup. It's getting dark around 9-9:30 now.

This journal is really helping me zone in on what makes me feel good. This morning I had:

2 scoops J. Robb egg protein powder (48g ptn)
    1 scoop Empower+ vitamins
    3 OmegaBrite fish oil capsules

small cup of blueberry acai goat milk kefir

gotu kola
    gingko biloba
    chromium
    l-acetyl carnitine (acetyl-l carnitine? maybe that's it)
    ALA

I feel fantastic, and alert. I don't know if it's adding back in the add'l supplements, or the fish oil or what, but I feel so much better than yesterday.
    Last edited by kalli889; 06-06-2012 at 08:37 AM.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Glad you're feeling better and got to pamper yourself! I don't get to do much pampering with 2 young'ns.

MMMMM. I had Roast Moroccan Chicken Legs and Roasted Lemon Broccoli from Dishes for lunch! And 3 caps of OmegaBrite, and a scoop of Empower+ and of Green Vibrance.

You know, at $10/day, lunch at Dishes may not be the worst idea. That's approximately $200 a month, and I could eat omelettes on the weekends for lunch. THEN I WOULDN'T HAVE TO BRING FOOD TO WORK. That's basically what I'm spending on lunches now. I WOULDN'T TAKE UP SO MUCH SPACE IN THE KITCHEN. I COULD DO OTHER THINGS THAN COOK, LIKE DRAW OR WRITE OR SLEEP. And I could have salmon, or meat on the bone chicken, or beef. I wouldn't have to prepare vegetables. My lunches would be warm. I could eat what I feel like THAT DAY as opposed to recoiling in horror to something I liked yesterday and dislike today.

Life has become really amazing since I don't eat dinner anymore.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

My TOM is due any day now and I am TIRED and CRANKY. And I have been TIRED AND CRANKY FOR DAYS. I slept TEN HOURS LAST NIGHT! Isn't there someone I can notify about how I'm not going to have any kids, so I don't need to deal with this, thank you? I can't tell if my diet isn't working or if I'm just PMSing.

Breakfast: 2 scoops Jay Robb Egg Protein, 1 scoop Empower+, 3 caps OmegaBrite (they do feel quite helpful), 1 scoop Green Vibrance, 5 drops iodine.

Acetyl-L Carnitine
    Chromium
    Ginkgo Biloba
    ALA

Small cup of Pom Blueberry Acai Kefir WHICH IS MAKING ME BREAK OUT. That, or it's my TOM and I'm hyperventilating over nothing.

Oh! Oh! My air conditioner was delivered and installed last night! I am creating the perfect cavern of sleep. Who knew that so much effort went into it! I didn't. Also, who knew my sleep was so delicate? I may have to say NO to classes that end after 8 from here on out. Ouch. There are a lot of classes that go til 10. Also, there's this class I want to take, and there's the option of doing it via teleseminar or in person, and I was leaning towards in-person, but if I do the teleseminar I CAN ALREADY BE AT HOME IN MY JAMMIES, and then I won't have an hour to trot back to Brooklyn. This commute is not fun. There are people I work with who live EIGHT MINUTES AWAY from the office. Eight! Minutes! Door to door. (Color me jealous.)

I found this really neat Louise Hay affirmation yesterday. I want to record it on my iPod and listen to it all day:

"I now see myself in the perfect job, using my talents and abilities, working with and for people I love and earning a good income."
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Progress:

*Sleep still iffy, sometimes need 10+ hrs
    *bruise on hand is healing
    *still achy
    *only hungry 2x a day
    *no weight loss
    *lost inches, but now holding
    *no sugar cravings
    *no ups/downs
    *some crankiness
    *some ADD/depression symptoms
    *grocery bills dropping
    My Leptin Reset Journey

My classes are only offered from 6 pm to 10 pm one night a week. It's a graduate program for people who are employed so they don't get the interest they need to have the classes earlier in the day. If I plan to ever graduate, I have to deal with nighttime classes. I'm glad you have an option!

So, I had a birthday weekend full of cheats, but, surprisingly enough, no big and scary cheats! I am really not all that interested in sugar. Teeny tiny mini cheats. Soy milk and sugar-free vanilla syrup in my coffee. Salsa on my meat and guac burrito bowl. Sliders with shredded cheese and bacon in it.

That said, I did have 2 mini cannolis. My office ordered cannolis for my birthday last week, but they got them from some random place, so they didn't taste like cannolis. They tasted like shortening and frosting. I went to Baltimore, to Vaccaro's (I know, Veniero's is supposed to blow them away), and got 2 mini cannolis. And they were good. The cream had the proper lemon-tinged taste. The shells were nice and flaky. They were good and then I was done. And then I was done with sugar.
    For the rest of the weekend. I wasn't thinking about sugar, or how to get more sugar. I wasn't thinking about how I could use my birthday weekend as an excuse to binge on sugar. I brought my vitamins and Omega-3s with me (which really are amazing, I do love them) and I was staying with a friend whose best friend eats the way I do, so there was no food pushing. I bought burgers and bacon and eggs and berries, and made my hearty breakfasts, and made extras for snacks. So I felt full and satisfied the whole time.

Usually when I go to Baltimore, I want to go to all my favorite restaurants, and I wasn't interested! The food I make is delicious, nourishing, easy, and keeps me going all day, so I'm not really into eating out just to eat out. When I did go out to eat, I got mussels with a friend, and then I went to a crawfish boil. CRAWFISH ARE DELICIOUS!!! I had a small piece of corn with the crawfish. All of it was delicious. I did drink over the weekend, and I did wake up the next day all puffy with pitting edema.

So now we know. I can go on vacation, associate with people who eat SAD, and be fine. Well, I suppose I should get on the scale, but I want the edema to go down, and I'm still on TOM, so my #s would be funny anyway.

SPEAKING OF WHICH! During my last TOM, I ate CONSTANTLY. You could not stop me. I was ravenous. Most of what I ate in addition to my BAB and lunches were almonds, chocolate-covered almonds, and fruit, but I do recall having dairy. I. Ate. All. Day. I just realized that hasn't been the case this time! I eat my BAB, go about my day, and sometime before 4pm have my lunch/dinner thing. And I'm not thinking about it! My TOM has been lighter and shorter too. Had cramps and severe weepiness on Day 1, but after that, peachy keen! This is GREAT!

Also feeling mildly flirty again. When I put on weight and get this high, I could care less about men or dating. I've been reading all the books, and they said that my hormones were probably on SURVIVE ONLY mode, so my whole body was just trying to figure out the next minute.

I don't know that I like the protein shakes all that much. I felt much happier this weekend eating burgers and bacon for breakfast. I had a protein shake this morning because I woke up late again, but I feel much more satisfied with meat.

AND! A warning to anyone using MCT Oil...taper up. I put some MCT Oil in a water bottle for my trip, so I could just put some in my coffee and tea. Then I bought a bottle of water and accidentally took a GIANT SWIG of MCT Oil. I was like, "Oh my god, that was not water." Ha ha ha. It has, shall we say, a laxative effect if you're not used to it and you take a whole bunch.
    Last edited by kalli889; 06-11-2012 at 07:02 AM.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

DAIRY.

What I find funny about this is that I didn't even really ever have dairy before PB. I knew my body didn't like it, but I would have cereal with milk if I was in a rush. Now it's like I'm trying to sneak dairy in. Granted, it's because I tried creme fraiche, and it felt like angels were singing in my mind. And then I puffed up and was hung over all the next day and dead tired. THAT'S TELLING. That sounds like a drug. Angels singing followed by a crash and burn. HMMM. I was reading this book on an ADD/ADHD diet, and it's basically a GFCF diet. I had 2 mini-cannolis the day after my birthday, so I need to start over on my 9-month gluten detox. (OY.) The dairy is the CF part. I'm trying to cling to it via kefir. It's like, hey, kefir is good for you...if it's goat! Even if it's pasteurized...riiiiiiiiiiiiight? No. I'm breaking out, and my skin is getting scaly. From perfect skin to flaking, breaking out skin. From pasteurized goat kefir. Waah. I know. I keep going back and forth. I guess it's bacon, bacon, beef bacon and salmon for me.

Ha ha, when I put it that way, I don't know why I'm complaining. Sanity, focus, calmness...I can trade that for dairy. I HOPE. Let's try it, just as a game.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Page 14 of 99 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast