Page 12 of 84 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment page 12

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I take my B12 in the AM. But, I take all of my vitamins in the AM. I hope you sleep well tonight!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Taking my vitamins early is great! I took them at 7am yesterday and 2pm. I think I can tell my gut has healed considerably in the past two months because when I started taking them at the beginning of April I felt alert, but that's about it. Now I feel brilliantly alert, interested, and alive. I can't wait to see what happens when I add in the OmegaBrite. I ordered a bunch of groceries on FreshDirect and they even have grass-fed burgers and marrow bones! I LOVE FRESHDIRECT. I can sit at home and watch movies with my roommate WHILE THEY BRING MY FOOD TO ME AND HAUL IT UP THE STAIRS.

So, I went to GustOrganics last night with my college roommate. I had a rare filet mignon AND IT WAS DELICIOUS. I also had half a pitcher of sangria and some chocolate mousse and mango mousse. I woke up twice in the middle of the night with a pounding heart. Alcohol = pounding heart. There was def dairy in the mousses, I mean, obviously. What does one do when one gets bored of being virtuous? I'm so bored with going to bed early. I mean, I love eating well, I love the way I feel when I eat primally. My friend that I went to dinner with, she's changed her eating habits (she's not primal), but she told me about an encounter she had with nachos + margaritas + large dinner + lots of dessert. It ended with her throwing up. She was like, "NOW I KNOW!"

I probably just need more fun in my life. So much of our culture (especially NYC culture) involves eating out and staying up late. I need more Primal friends. I should find out if there is a Primal Meet Up in NYC. I had a meltdown the other day trying to convince someone that I didn't want them to bake me a cake for my birthday. It made me think of being around people who can't stand it if you're not drinking when they are, or people who can't stand if you're not toking if they are. I mostly don't hang out with people like that anymore. So, I need more Real Life primal friends. I was thinking of going to Baltimore to see old friends for my birthday, and I realize that I mostly live quite differently from how I did when I lived there. So what would I do now?

I'm giving myself a Dolphin Encounter at the Baltimore Aquarium for my birthday, and I'm going to go see PROMETHEUS on opening day. Maybe I'll go tubing! Honfest is also that weekend too. Okay. It'll be okay.

I should probably finally get a climbing gym membership. It's just so expensive, the startup costs, need to buy equipment. :-/ I obviously wanted to play with dolphins this month more than I wanted to climb. BUT DOLPHINS! OMG! And then I was talking to my friend last night about scuba diving! So NEXT YEAR for my birthday we're going to Florida to dive. Her dad and stepmom are experienced divers, and they know how to find good deals and dive for cheap.

OK. Just got a month of Bikram classes. This will be good for my mind and my spirit. And I scheduled time for weekly drawing and writing.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

F 5'9" | 32 yrs old | small frame | HW: 187 | CW: 177.2 | GW: 135

Oh my god, I just bought a bathing suit. A sexy, retro bathing suit. SCARY. But I live a half hour from the beach! How can I not own a bathing suit?
    My Leptin Reset Journey

My Leptin Reset Journey

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    I checked out FreshDirect... um, they don't deliver in my area. bummer. Great that you can do that. Here, I can order my groceries online and tell them when I want to pick them up and they'll be ready for pickup, but that's not quite the luxury you have! But I'm actually excited about going grocery shopping this weekend b/c that means I get to buy stuff to put in my NEW FRIDGE! I'm so excited!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Married To The Sea T-shirt: "Tastes of the portions of the swine: Good. Good. Good. Real Good." Sharing Machine

hahahah
    My Leptin Reset Journey

So, Fresh Direct is AMAZING. I got grass-fed burgers and grass-fed liver and grass-fed beef bones, wild salmon and canned salmon (I LOVE not having to haul cans around) and a bunch of other things.

I had liver fried with bacon and turmeric onions for breakfast yesterday...and I haven't eaten until now. I heated up some more for lunch, and had a bite, then lost interest. I brought snacks with me just in case. This morning I heated up some more, and again. Took a bite. I basically went for 12 hours on liver and onions. The texture and taste take some getting used to, but what it does for my energy levels is amazing. I'm not bouncing off the walls, but I really didn't get hungry until about 9 last night, and I don't like to eat late anymore, so I just...didn't eat.

The canned salmon makes me nervous. It's really smelly. Maybe it's a breakfast-only food so I don't have to torture anyone at work with my smelly salmon. (Breakfast only because I don't really eat dinner anymore -- freedom!)

My birthday is coming up, and I'm going down to Baltimore, and I realize that all my friends there drink. I was thinking of doing a birthday happy hour the day before, and I was like, "Wait. Is that for me? Or is that for my friends who drink?" My roommate is doing a picnic the weekend after for her birthday, so I'll probably just wait and do a picnic with her. I think what I most want is a nice, chill weekend. I don't want to go all crazy. I've only just now managed to spend all of Saturday awake. I watched a movie with my roommate on Saturday night and when she got home she was like, "You look REALLY tired." And I was like, yeah, this is the first Saturday I've attempted to do anything since I started my new job. I mostly stay in bed on Saturdays, so I'm all worn out. I was thinking this probably means I still have healing to do. Feels like adrenal fatigue. I am so, so sensitive to coffee.

I can hang on my chin-up bar a lot longer than when I first started out, and my grip feels much more sure. "Hanging from a chin-up bar, what's the big deal?" Well, when you climb, there's a lot of times where you just hang from the rock to try to figure out your next room. Sometimes your feet slip off too, then it's just you and your monkey arms which are hopefully keeping you in place. So eventually I'll be able to do a pull up. I like to do pull ups from straight hanging, and now I go up about an inch or two. The first time I worked up to pull ups, I stayed at the inch-or-two phase for quite a while, and then one day I popped up halfway. It was very exciting. Then I could go up halfway for a while, and one day I kept going and did a full pull-up. "Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, take a picture, I can do a pull up!" It was very exciting. So I can't wait to do that again. I *am* sore from Tabata squats, so I'm still getting sore! Staying up late and drinking sangria can't be helping the LR (when I put it that way it sounds like I'm out partying all the time, when I mean, going-to-bed-at-11-or-midnight-on-nights-I-have-class.

Oooh! I was at Home Depot on Friday and I picked up some blackout liners! I love them! I attached them to my curtains (gauzy, sheer, non-blackout things), and they're wonderful! They make my room SO DARK. It's fantastic. And on Wednesday, I'm having my air conditioner delivered and installed. Yes, it would be cheaper to do it myself. No, I do not want to carry that thing up 4 flights up stairs. (Although that would be LIFTING HEAVY THINGS.)
    My Leptin Reset Journey

My Leptin Reset Journey

I joined an NYC Barefoot Running meetup! And here is the Brooklyn Cross-Fit Gym, should I ever decide to venture into Cross-Fit: Crossfit South Brooklyn - Workout of the Day

I really do need more of a Primal/Paleo community. It's weird though, trying to figure out how to socialize. I don't eat after 4pm (makes me feel better), and I don't really drink, etc. Ooh, I did sign up for Bikram, so I can do that in the evening. But straight chillin'...so much revolves around eating and drinking. If I do eat after 4pm, I often wake up in the middle of the night with indigestion, or a pounding heart, or SOMETHING. I guess I could go to a barbeque. Hmmm. It's really helpful to have this forum, and this morning when I was getting ready for work, I was looking forward to checking in with all my online "friends." It would be nice to have some F2F Paleo/Primal friends to hang out with though...
    My Leptin Reset Journey

PrimalCon New York
    This place also sounds delicious! QUALITY MEATS
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Page 12 of 84 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast