Thread: Berries May Slow Memory Loss page

Grok is offline Senior Member

Berries May Slow Memory Loss

Primal Fuel
    April 26, 2012 -- Eating berries at least once a week may protect the brain from age-related memory loss, a large new study shows.

The study included more than 16,000 women who are taking part in the Nurses' Health Study.
    Berries May Slow Memory Loss

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Blackberry season starts the 5th of Mat here in my local U-pick field. Nom!!!!
    I'll probably eat TOO many the first week... and I don't care.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    I love going to U pick farms! We have so much fun, and the berries are so delicious! I always freeze some for the groklings' smoothies.
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Berries are histamine-promoting, and histamine's involved in formation and maintenance of memory. I believe that's a significant biochemical factor in this phenomenon.

I have high histamine levels and a natural photographic memory. I have to watch that I don't eat too many histamine-promoting foods because they give me major allergic symptoms, including low blood pressure and chronic catarrh.

So ... if you're becoming forgetful, try not to forget to eat berries.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.