Thread: 4 Days with Carbs, 3 Days No Carb page

ketone_bill is offline Junior Member

4 Days with Carbs, 3 Days No Carb

Primal Fuel
    I've been near zero carbs per day for months and my belly fat is slowly going away. The main problem is that my sex drive is low and I want to increase it. (I do drink alcohol on weekends which is technically a carb)

I'm thinking about adding in 100g of carbs on Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and staying zero carb on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.

Anyone have any personal experiences with this type of carb cycling? Again, my goal is to increase my libido.

That s really carb cycling. Don't limit yourself to such low carbs in the first place. do 50-100 on your "low carb" days and 150-200 or 300 on "high carb" days especially when paired with sprinting/heavy lifting/lots of activity. The fat might just come off faster and you'll feel incredible.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ketone_bill View Post
    I've been near zero carbs per day for months and my belly fat is slowly going away. The main problem is that my sex drive is low and I want to increase it. (I do drink alcohol on weekends which is technically a carb)

I'm thinking about adding in 100g of carbs on Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and staying zero carb on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.

Anyone have any personal experiences with this type of carb cycling? Again, my goal is to increase my libido.
    I haven't tried this kind of cycle. I've done lower carbohydrate primal eating with a biweekly (every other week) "refeed" day and had some success to get extra lean. I'd be interested to see how this affects your hunger levels. It would be great if you'd keep us posted!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I hadn't heard of carb-cycling for libido. Interesting. I thought increasing protein worked better for that. Any links to look at?
    Last edited by Sabine; 04-28-2012 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    I hadn't heard of carb-cycling for libido. Interesting. I thought increasing protein worked batter for that. Any links to look at?
    No links. I learned through self-experimentation in the past that carbs help my libido. I want to carb cycle so I can be in ketosis a few days of the week. I hoping carbs 4 days a week will be enough to improve my libido.

Carb Cycling Experiment

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'll follow this experiment and report back the results in a few months. My waistline is presently 36.75" (Down from 38" at the beginning of the year). I'll report my new waistline, energy level, and libido.

I'll start with ~50 Grams of cards on my carb days (S,M,T,W) and ramp up to ~100 Grams per day as my body adapts. I'm going to stick with zero carb on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

To make this experiment more useful to other readers, I'll provide some background.
    • Feeding Window - 12PM - 9PM
    • Last meal sometimes as early as 7PM or as late as 9PM
    • Three meals per day
    • I almost always break my fast at noon
    • 39 Year Old Male

First and Last meal is one of the following (In order of how commonly I eat the meal):
    1. 1/2 lb of Trader Joes Grass Fed Ground Beef with drippings from cooking drizzled on top and a couple generous spoonfuls of coconut oil.
    2. Five Extra Large Eggs scrambled in liberal amounts of Coconut oil and 7 OZ of 2% fat greek yogurt.
    3. 3/4 lb of Chicken breast with liberal amounts of GHEE melted on top with a couple of spoonfuls of coconut oil.
    4. 3/4 lb Rack of Lamb
    5. Conventionally raised Ribeye Steak (somewhere between 3/4 lb and 1 lb)

Middle Meal is the following:
    1. 2 Mugs of fatty Oxtail Soup. Each mug mixed with 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder. I also eat the meat from the oxtail (really tasty with salt)
    2. Mixed Greens (Sometimes with big cucumber) drizzled with olive oil

I'm going to add the carbs with Uncle Ben's Enriched Parboiled Long Grain Rice. I'm going to mix up the rice with coconut oil, GHEE, and salt.

Exercise
    I was doing sprints about once a week and lots of pushups but I stopped a few weeks ago because my energy level declined. (That is one reason I'm abandoning zero carb)